So, the doctor that was dragged off that united flight?

welcome to 1984 ....the media filling your head with fantasy and just a few short years away for a tasty pile of soylent green on every plate

Edited by f7ben

It's so fucked that every single victim of state sanctioned violence is demonized and subject to character assassination, almost on cue. They were saying this guy was a criminal within like 12 hours of it happening

I still don't see how United is gonna be held accountable for his injuries. It was the airport police that fucked him up.  United followed protocol by calling them. Still, United is fucked up for a whole different reason.  I guess upping the $800 to get a volunteer was outside their budget....millions fits better after the stigma this will carry for years. Idiots.  I believe I heard the attorney blaming the the city of Chicago.  They'll be a defendant here too.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I still don't see how United is gonna be held accountable for his injuries. It was the airport police that fucked him up.  United followed protocol by calling them. Still, United is fucked up for a whole different reason.  I guess upping the $800 to get a volunteer was outside their budget....millions fits better after the stigma this will carry for years. Idiots.  I believe I heard the attorney blaming the the city of Chicago.  They'll be a defendant here too.

Yeah the whole O'Hare airport cops and Chicago cops thing is kinda fucked.

Bottom line is united had no right to remove him in the first place, so the cops never should have been there.

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Bottom line is united had no right to remove him in the first place, so the cops never should have been there.

of course they had the right to remove him don't be an idiot.  no different than any business owner being able to tell someone to get the fuck out

Edited by Angry ginger

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Well, they have the right to remove  anyone for a justifiable reason.  Believe it or not, once he resisted, he became a justifiable threat to the passengers.  That's what the United's attorneys will argue....along with their employees following airline and NTSB protocols.  The city is gonna bend over and take a nice one here.  United will fire off upper management over this as Warren Buffet will demand and they'll spend millions over the next few years trying to gain back the 700 million in market cap they lost over something so god damn stupid.  Another 4-600 bucks and they'd have a handful of people ready to walk off that flight.  Comical idiocy.

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

United is going to pay him off. They aren't going to let this go to trial. Not if they are smart.

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

of course they had the right to remove him don't be an idiot.  no different than any business owner being able to tell someone to get the fuck out

No, they did not. Once they've allowed someone to board, the only way they can be removed is by being disruptive in some significant way. 

Refusing to give up a seat doesn't constitute a significant disruption.

Bootlicking for capitalists. Smh.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

United is going to pay him off. They aren't going to let this go to trial. Not if they are smart.

Yeah.  That'd be my guess too.  They'll settle and so will the city.  The city will probably pay much more too.  Still, I wonder how the new air travel laws under the Homeland Security initiative may apply here against the plaintiff. :dunno:

No, they did not. Once they've allowed someone to board, the only way they can be removed is by being disruptive in some significant way. 

Refusing to give up a seat doesn't constitute a significant disruption.

Bootlicking for capitalists. Smh.

You are mistaken.  I promise.

Just now, motonoggin said:

'Of course they had the right to take the guy's money and then refuse to provide the service he paid for! This is America, don't be an idiot!'

This is how stupid you sound, ag

No, they have to refund his money plus probably an "up fee".

It's written right in his contract.

Just now, Zambroski said:

No, they have to refund his money plus probably an "up fee".

It's written right in his contract.

They can do that prior to boarding OR if someone volunteers to give up their seat, but once you're on the plane, they're fucked.

Just now, motonoggin said:

Read United's terms. They didn't have any right to remove him if he wasn't being disruptive.

He gave up that right when he refused to deplane peacefully.  And his terms were subject to his discounted ticket price.  Again, not defending the stupid action, just stating the facts.  Attorneys will earn some nice bank negotiating all this.

They can do that prior to boarding OR if someone volunteers to give up their seat, but once you're on the plane, they're fucked.

Dude, they're not even fucked if the plane is 10,000 feet in the air.  Emergency landing and a "removal".  It's a private business.

You're arguing out of emotion.

He gave up that right when he refused to deplane peacefully.  And his terms were subject to his discounted ticket price.  Again, not defending the stupid action, just stating the facts.  Attorneys will earn some nice bank negotiating all this.

They can't force him to deplane once he's boarded. Knowing your fucking rights isn't disruptive behavior.

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, they have the right to remove  anyone for a justifiable reason.  Believe it or not, once he resisted, he became a justifiable threat to the passengers.  That's what the United's attorneys will argue....along with their employees following airline and NTSB protocols.  The city is gonna bend over and take a nice one here.  United will fire off upper management over this as Warren Buffet will demand and they'll spend millions over the next few years trying to gain back the 700 million in market cap they lost over something so god damn stupid.  Another 4-600 bucks and they'd have a handful of people ready to walk off that flight.  Comical idiocy.

That very well may be how LE views it but it is absolutely NOT the truth.

• Like 1

Dude, they're not even fucked if the plane is 10,000 feet in the air.  Emergency landing and a "removal".  It's a private business.

You're arguing out of emotion.

No, I'm getting angry at your bootlicking and your willful ignorance of what I'm saying. 

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

That very well may be how LE views it but it is absolutely NOT the truth.

WHAT?! YOU KNOW YOUR RIGHTS AND ARE PREPARED TO USE THEM?! 

YOU ARE A GRAVE THREAT TO EVERYONE ON THE PLANE!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

No, I'm getting angry at your bootlicking and your willful ignorance of what I'm saying. 

Go play in your fucking boy band...I've got a hockey game to watch.  

Oh, and you're still wrong.