Private prison company will build 1,000-bed detention center in TX as part of Trump's deportation

Looks like we will never run out of illegals. The need to fund corporate prisons and illegal immigrant detention facilities will be never ending now......

Private prison company will build 1,000-bed detention center in TX as part of Trump's deportation

GEO Group, one of the nation's largest for-profit prison companies, announced Thursday that it will build a 1,000-bed detention center for immigrants in Conroe under a contract that is part of a major expansion of Immigration and Customs Enforcement's deportation programs as ordered by President Donald Trump.

The $110 million facility, expected to open in 2018, will join three existing ICE detention centers in the Houston metro area - the others are located next door in Conroe, in Livingston and Houston - making the metro area a major hub for U.S. immigration detention and deportations. Together, the four centers will have a capacity to hold 3,000 adult immigrants, said Greg Palmore, a spokesman for ICE in Houston.

At any one time, ICE currently holds about 40,000 detainees nationwide, though the numbers are expected to grow. More than 60 percent of ICE detainees already are housed in for-profit prisons under government contracts.

GEO Group already is one of the nation's largest for-profit prison companies - and the announcement makes it the first private prison company to secure a contract to build a new immigration detention facility under the Trump administration. The Boca Raton-based business already contracts with both ICE and with the U.S. Marshall's service to hold detainees and federal prisoners at 24 detention centers with a capacity of 23,000 beds nationwide, said Pablo E. Paez, vice president for corporate relations in an e-mail to the Chronicle.
more
http://www.chron.com/125years/article/Private-prison-company-will-build-1-000-bed-11072517.php

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I shouldn't be allowed near a voting booth

No fucking kidding. Moron.

Do you foaming at the mouth retards even realize this is a publicly traded company and the government is going to contract these services whether a repuke or dumbocrat is president? Holy fuck

5 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

Do you foaming at the mouth retards even realize this is a publicly traded company and the government is going to contract these services whether a repuke or dumbocrat is president? Holy fuck

got a link to where a dem pres wanted to round up all illegals and place them in newly constructed, privately owned jail cells?

5 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

I understand you a nearly retarded and probably cant wipe your own ass but try and follow the logic here

Publicly traded prison gets paid by government to house prisoners

Publicly traded prison then takes its taxpayer profits and spends a big chunk lobbying

Politicians paid for by prison make more laws to keep the prisons full

Publicly traded prison makes even more money

Publicly traded prison spends even more money lobbying for tougher laws

Politicians paid for by prison make even more laws to keep prison full and build more prisons

Publicly traded prison makes even more money bigly

This is what people with functioning brains call "conflict of interest"

You fucking moron

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

you must be relieved that you don't have to work to support yourself. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

you must be relieved that you don't have to work to support yourself. 

come on man, he faces some tough decisions daily.

do I want to buy the new benz, or the vette, to park beside the porsche?

should I buy, or rent a place in maine to ride the new sleds?

where do I go on vacation this month?

dad?

37 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

dad?

3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

repukes love to spend $10 on a $1 problem. it makes them sleep better at night thinking something is being done.

As long as those convicts are allowed to vote liberal you're good with it 

Edited by Sleepr2

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

dad?

Was that directed at McLiar, Kerry, Kennedy, , Franken , Chelsea, or any libtard parasites?

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

got a link to where a dem pres wanted to round up all illegals and place them in newly constructed, privately owned jail cells?

Chinese Exclusion Act, signed into law by a Republican, was extended by a Democrat after 10 years. The extension provided thatChinks carry papers or be imprisoned. :bc:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

MC get it.  He knows stuff about things.

:lol:

Guy wants to "disenfranchise" me!!!!!!

Take away my rights.

Can you believe that shit??!!! :lol:

4 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

so tell us where king Obama was housing them before they were shipped out?

I will give u some time to googel it then chew on your foot for a spell before u don't reply back with what u found

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

profit making on prisons. welcome to america. fucking disgusting. 

It really is fucking pathetic...I think those  GEO fuckers ran some shitty prison around here that is now closed.

Edited by Biggie Smails

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

what is better prisons run by the fed with unfunded legacy cost that our kids get to pay for?  

yes...of course you fucking retard .....if we are going to incarcerate people that is the responsibility of the government....turning it into a for profit industry is dumb on so many fucking levels its almost momo level retarded. Anyone who supports private prisons is a complete mouth breathing brain dead faggot