(d)etroit doctor charged with mutilating 7 year old girls genitalia ( clitoridectomy)

one of the words great religions .

DETROIT — Federal prosecutors on Friday expanded their investigation of female genital mutilation in the Detroit area by filing charges against the owner of a clinic where the alleged practice was performed on two girls who belong to a Muslim sect.

Dr. Fakhruddin Attar was aware that another doctor was performing the illegal procedure at his Livonia clinic after hours, and his wife, Farida, offered assistance, the government said in a criminal complaint.

The charges against the Attars, including conspiracy, came a week after Dr. Jumana Nagarwala was arrested and accused of genital mutilation against two 7-year-old Minnesota girls in February.

The Attars appeared briefly in federal court and were returned to jail to await another hearing Wednesday. A judge will decide at that time whether to keep them locked up without bond.

"Dr. Attar is not aware that any crimes were committed at his clinic," defense attorney Mary Chartier said outside court.

Farida Attar's attorney declined to comment.

In a court filing, federal agents said they interviewed Dr. Attar and were told that Nagarwala treats girls who have problems with their genitals, including rashes, on Friday nights or Saturdays at no charge.

Genital mutilation, also known as female circumcision or cutting, has been condemned by the United Nations and outlawed in the U.S. But the practice is common for girls in parts of Asia, Africa and the Middle East.

The Attars and Nagarwala belong to a Muslim sect called Dawoodi Bohra, which is concentrated in India.

Nagarwala was ordered to jail this week without bond while her case winds through court. Her attorney, Shannon Smith, said the doctor removed mucous from the Minnesota girls as part of a religious custom. Smith said it wasn't genital mutilation or even a medical procedure. Prosecutors disagree.

Meanwhile, the Detroit-area congregation of Dawoodi Bohra released a statement Friday, saying members do not support any violation of U.S. law. A subsequent email said there would be no further comment.

"It is unfortunate if anyone has not abided by the laws of the country. ... We take our religion seriously but our culture is modern and forward-looking," the statement said.

___

• Platinum Contributing Member

What in the FUCK?  Why is she touching the girls genitals as part of a religious ceremony?  

Her attorney, Shannon Smith, said the doctor removed mucous from the Minnesota girls as part of a religious custom. Smith said it wasn't genital mutilation or even a medical procedure. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

how many muslim women do you know without a clit? 

Momo told me he knows one....you.   :lol:   Did it hurt?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

how would you know? you thought the clit was hiding in her belly button. 

I don't like outies. :lol:  

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

how many muslim women do you know without a clit? 

how many do u know?

I can tell u this I have known way way more Muslim people in m y life than I care to think about . hell my mom was married to one from Libya in the 80s . the men I knew were all very bright because they were the ones shipped over here for school by there government to get engineering degrees to help Libya build military equipment. but I digress

most nice normal guys for many years until they married the woman. then shit changed overnight and they though they had full control of every thing and every one in there home .

I saw lots of educated women go from normal people to full time beekeeprs outfit wearing never leaving the house not talking bots .

that shit did not go over to well in my house it was attempted. I moved out at 16 after busting a closet rod over his back then spray painting his new saab turbo with a few racial slurs . but hey this red neck did not play that shit .

one would think guys as bright as the ones shipped over for multiple masters then recruited by our government to stay would figure shit out but t is engrained in them . I know AbuBacker Mohamed Bushagore found a new white woman to put on the beekeepers outfit and slap around in no time .

Edited by Ez ryder

Her lawyer gave a nice little rant about what a filthy racist country this is, where we just go around rounding up innocent Muslims. 

Wonder why people have had it with the bullshit. Substitute - Muslim woman for white woman and we have a whole different ball game.  Not one word of defense  for these poor little girls. Some are so brainwashed, they are incapable of separating a brutal act of mutilating a child from speaking or having a unholy thought about a Muslim.

16 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

how many do u know?

I can tell u this I have known way way more Muslim people in m y life than I care to think about . hell my mom was married to one from Libya in the 80s . the men I knew were all very bright because they were the ones shipped over here for school by there government to get engineering degrees to help Libya build military equipment. but I digress

most nice normal guys for many years until they married the woman. then shit changed overnight and they though they had full control of every thing and every one in there home .

I saw lots of educated women go from normal people to full time beekeeprs outfit wearing never leaving the house not talking bots .

that shit did not go over to well in my house it was attempted. I moved out at 16 after busting a closet rod over his back then spray painting his new saab turbo with a few racial slurs . but hey this red neck did not play that shit .

one would think guys as bright as the ones shipped over for multiple masters then recruited by our government to stay would figure shit out but t is engrained in them . I know AbuBacker Mohamed Bushagore found a new white woman to put on the beekeepers outfit and slap around in no time .

Ok, Spinner FUCKING OWNED!  But just for now, let's wait on your question on how many he knows. :lol:

See, to liberals, Muslims are a neat animal they read about and see sad pictures of in lib-trash magazines and on their news shows.  They look like baby lion cubs to them.  All innocent and harmless.  They want to bring them home, feed them cookies and milk and love and squeeze them.  There's no way they'll eventually want raw meat if they are treated the "librul way".

Oh, BTW, referring to this news worthy incident, that has taken about all the gloss over it can take, Liberal outlets are NOT calling this "genital mutilation" any more, it seems that term is, and I quote, "Too racially charged".  It is now being called "genital cutting".  There....all better now.  It's no big deal.  Just like circumcision.

Libtards to the rescue of the Muslims!  They need those votes!!!!!!!!

Funny how everything is political now.  You would think something ;like this would kind of draw the same reaction from everyone.

Let me check with what my hack political site thinks I should think and I will get back with you.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Funny how everything is political now.  You would think something ;like this would kind of draw the same reaction from everyone.

Let me check with what my hack political site thinks I should think and I will get back with you.

There we go.  Both sides are guilty of it too.  Americans have become brainless twits...because it's easier to just to adopt a viewpoint that somebody gives to us rather than research the facts from all angles.  Which, by the way, is getting harder and harder to do.  Facts seem to be fleeting anymore.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There we go.  Both sides are guilty of it too.  Americans have become brainless twits...because it's easier to just to adopt a viewpoint that somebody gives to us rather than research the facts from all angles.  Which, by the way, is getting harder and harder to do.  Facts seem to be fleeting anymore.

Absolutely.  Personally I find it insulting.  Now as soon as something hits the news, all the politicians  start wrangling for position.

You watch, some ass is putting a bill together right now to make this a super, duper, felony.  Like we don't have enough laws on the book to cover it.