drinking and driving laws

yarddawg

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

Get the law passed as soon as possible, making criminals out of ordinary citizens has no up side.  The war on POT is costing us all10's of millions of dollars yearly.

People not being able to get a job because of a Joint is fucked up

Just imagine people being criminally charged during prohibition for booze,  now its sold at every event and encouraged.

Cops have zero say in laws passed and/or repealed.  I think you'll find rarely is anyone charged with possession of a single joint.  Again attitude and circumstances usually dictate the outcome of any interaction.  

1 minute ago, odot1 said:

Cops have zero say in laws passed and/or repealed.  I think you'll find rarely is anyone charged with possession of a single joint.  Again attitude and circumstances usually dictate the outcome of any interaction.  

Bold is true yet you can decide on your own whether to charge a person or not.  So really the idea you (cops) have to just follow the set out laws is false by your own wording.

When you go to court for say 1/4 pound of Pot the fine is usually $500 and a record.   If it was so bad the courts would give jail time and larger fines.

All that paper work, finger printing, picture taking, court time = $500 is laughable

I get what  you are saying but next time just let the guy go, take the pot share it with your friends over some beers

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

Bold is true yet you can decide on your own whether to charge a person or not.  So really the idea you (cops) have to just follow the set out laws is false by your own wording.

When you go to court for say 1/4 pound of Pot the fine is usually $500 and a record.   If it was so bad the courts would give jail time and larger fines.

All that paper work, finger printing, picture taking, court time = $500 is laughable

I get what  you are saying but next time just let the guy go, take the pot share it with your friends over some beers

Some things, yes we have discretion on.  Not everything. As for taking pot of someone and sharing it destroys my integrity and makes me criminal.  

Some things, yes we have discretion on.  Not everything. As for taking pot of someone and sharing it destroys my integrity and makes me criminal.  

I was joking

soon you will not have to worry about possession and you can concentrate on other things.   I truly believe this will bother many cops when that day comes next year hopefully

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I was joking

soon you will not have to worry about possession and you can concentrate on other things.   I truly believe this will bother many cops when that day comes next year hopefully

Kinda fingured!   Afterall...  you're not Zoso!  Cops are bothered by the lack of proper guidelines and tools to deal with the impaired by drug stuff most really don't get that excited about... they may or may not support it but like everything else.. its coming regardless so no point in bitching.  

41 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Get the law passed as soon as possible, making criminals out of ordinary citizens has no up side.  The war on POT is costing us all10's of millions of dollars yearly.

People not being able to get a job because of a Joint is fucked up

Just imagine people being criminally charged during prohibition for booze,  now its sold at every event and encouraged.

Nobody want to stand beside someone who is smoking up, just the same as cigs.  Take it elsewhere.

• Like 2

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Nobody want to stand beside someone who is smoking up, just the same as cigs.  Take it elsewhere.

I  agree

but than again move you drunk annoying ass away from everyone..

2 weeks ago I went to the Canadian Open,  these 4 clowns drunk as fuck were fighting with each other (with words)  you will never see that with POt smokers.   These guys were really idiots

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I  agree

but than again move you drunk annoying ass away from everyone..

2 weeks ago I went to the Canadian Open,  these 4 clowns drunk as fuck were fighting with each other (with words)  you will never see that with POt smokers.   These guys were really idiots

Actually have seen this is pot smokers.  Occasionally some become paranoid and confused. Its not the majority but it does happen.

Actually have seen this is pot smokers.  Occasionally some become paranoid and confused. Its not the majority but it does happen.

"like looking up in the mirror to see a police car"  :lmao:  sure it can happen I guess but not even close to drunks and the damaged caused.

Barrie there is 4 days in a row Thursday to Sunday where they pour into the streets  at 2am and start real fights.  this is every week and even happens in the winter.  I used to enjoy it, grab a hot dog and watch the fun.

All caused by Alcohol

How many here drink every night?

2 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

"like looking up in the mirror to see a police car"  :lmao:  sure it can happen I guess but not even close to drunks and the damaged caused.

Barrie there is 4 days in a row Thursday to Sunday where they pour into the streets  at 2am and start real fights.  this is every week and even happens in the winter.  I used to enjoy it, grab a hot dog and watch the fun.

All caused by Alcohol

How many here drink every night?

Again we agree on things!  We'll see what easily accesible pot brings.  Maybe the increased gov't revenue will lower my income taxes!!!!   

On 8/10/2017 at 2:54 PM, odot1 said:

Again we agree on things!  We'll see what easily accesible pot brings.  Maybe the increased gov't revenue will lower my income taxes!!!!   

lower taxes :lmao: I hope so Odot1

POT will not bring any more harm than it has already for 1000's of years lol - we smok'em peace pipe

I think the bigger problem with accessibility will be with Naloxone being free to anyone now,  apparently the big thing now is to Overdose get a great high than have your friend bring you back.   Now that is something real scary with real consequences.

By the way POT is one of the only drugs you CAN NOT EVER OVERDOSE on, its literary impossible.

Edited by 1trailmaker

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

lower taxes :lmao: I hope so Odot1

POT will not bring any more harm than it has already for 1000's of years lol - we smok'em peace pipe

I think the bigger problem with accessibility will be with Naloxone being free to anyone now,  apparently the big thing now is to Overdose get a great high than have your friend bring you back.   Now that is something real scary with real consequences.

By the way POT is one of the only drugs you CAN NOT EVER OVERDOSE on, its literary impossible.

You know this?

Oh, I can think of at least one FS member who is perma-fried on the shit....

On 8/11/2017 at 7:20 PM, 1trailmaker said:

proven fact scientifically and then toss in not one documented case ever.

On 8/10/2017 at 1:35 PM, odot1 said:

Depends on the person, the copper and the actual amount.  But the reality is that it's still illegal...  

Kinda what I thought.  Thanks for answering.  Not sure why Trailmaker thinks you make the laws tho. lol.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Kinda what I thought.  Thanks for answering.  Not sure why Trailmaker thinks you make the laws tho. lol.

?

He makes the choice to follow the laid out law  or not -  he even said so to a certain point

nowhere did I say he makes up the laws