drinking and driving laws

yarddawg

Sean must have put the word out about you....so all the "pigs" are keeping a close eye on you....

Surprised they let you get to the beer store and back considering the shape you were in...:guzzle:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stoney said:

Sean must have put the word out about you....so all the "pigs" are keeping a close eye on you....

Surprised they let you get to the beer store and back considering the shape you were in...:guzzle:

I am fine to drive if I have not had more than 18.  Boating that goes up to 22, and sledding well with sledding there is no limit.

4 hours ago, Boered said:

I am fine to drive if I have not had more than 18.  Boating that goes up to 22, and sledding well with sledding there is no limit.

I have a buddy who's driving definitely improved after a few.  The Dr Fever syndrome. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Weed, deadly crashes linked?

Toronto Sun

August 3, 2017

A traffic safety organization is warning that two studies suggest that legalizing recreational marijuana could lead to an increase in crashes, including deadly ones.

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety says studies by the Highway Loss Data Institute and researchers at the University of Texas at Austin point to an increase in crash risk in states that legalized the recreational use of pot.

The Highway Loss Data Institute — which, like the IIHS, is a nonprofit organization backed by insurance companies — reported in June that insurance companies received higher-thanexpected collision claims in Colorado, Washington and Oregon after those states allowed people to buy marijuana for recreational purposes. The frequency of claims rose 3%, compared with surrounding western states that continued to have laws on the books prohibiting recreational use of marijuana, the institute found.

Meanwhile, the University of Texas study also found an increase in fatal crashes in two states that fully legalized pot. Yet the authors of the UT study — published in the online edition of the American Journal of Public Health in June — also said the increase was too small to be statistically significant.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, odot1 said:

Sadly, this was already known to the gov't who were advised by Colorado gov't to rethink legalisation.  

Government?  You mean our pothead PM?  Thinking isn't one of his strong points.

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

I thought they just sat around eatin Doritos all night ........

Come on Stevie. You must have watched a Cheech and Chong movie at some point.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Poncho said:

He is smoking up now and working a response......wait for it......it should be Tarded up with all of the usual extremes. If he doesn't respond he has already passed out...,..lol

Or he is using one of his 13 weeks vaca while conduction said activities.

4 minutes ago, odot1 said:

Actually its very factual.  Ive no reason to make up anything up.  

Can you link to an official government statement from Colorado?  I have seen their report on millions of revenue. 

Sean you are an experienced cop so you should know pot isn't new nor that there will be an increase in pot use as its huge right now.  FACT stoned drivers have been on the road for 50+ years

I have no reason to make this up lol

You are a cop so you do drink the kool ade :lmao:

29 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Can you link to an official government statement from Colorado?  I have seen their report on millions of revenue. 

Sean you are an experienced cop so you should know pot isn't new nor that there will be an increase in pot use as its huge right now.  FACT stoned drivers have been on the road for 50+ years

I have no reason to make this up lol

You are a cop so you do drink the kool ade :lmao:

I don't disagree with you at all on that. We are already seeing an upward trend in its use and various issues associated with it. As for official statement from gov't there will be none.  It comes from our internal briefings and memos and unfortunately I can't make those publics.  In the end the legalisation just means even more job security for me..  and more O/T.   I do drink kool aide!  Grape is my by far my fave!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, odot1 said:

I don't disagree with you at all on that. We are already seeing an upward trend in its use and various issues associated with it. As for official statement from gov't there will be none.  It comes from our internal briefings and memos and unfortunately I can't make those publics.  In the end the legalisation just means even more job security for me..  and more O/T.   I do drink kool aide!  Grape is my by far my fave!

Do you guys still charge people with possession? Small amounts?

6 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Depends on the person, the copper and the actual amount.  But the reality is that it's still illegal...  

18 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

10 minutes ago, odot1 said:

Depends on the person, the copper and the actual amount.  But the reality is that it's still illegal...  

Get the law passed as soon as possible, making criminals out of ordinary citizens has no up side.  The war on POT is costing us all10's of millions of dollars yearly.

People not being able to get a job because of a Joint is fucked up

Just imagine people being criminally charged during prohibition for booze,  now its sold at every event and encouraged.