Picture of grandpa in ww 2 in the pacific

Jet

Enemy air craft!! He asked my father and uncle not to join the infantry when the draft was going on in the 60's.. I guess the whole ww 2 thing was tough. I've been pretty lucky I didn't have to fight any wars and I'm 44. Looks more and more everyday like my 15 year old might have to go. If they don't stop playing around. We all know trumps kids and grand kids will never see battle. 

IMG_1579.JPG

• Like 6

Cool ass pics guys.  I love these old photos.  This should be it's own thread.

Here's my old man and one of his teams in Vietnam in 66.  Two KIA and an MIA...and my dad.  Whew!  I almost didn't make it. :lmao:

Vietnam A team.jpg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Cool ass pics guys.  I love these old photos.  This should be it's own thread.

Here's my old man and one of his teams in Vietnam in 66.  Two KIA and an MIA...and my dad.  Whew!  I almost didn't make it. :lmao:

Buddy on far right drew the short straw on Kewl lids? :lol:

I love these old photos . Great pic z

1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

Buddy on far right drew the short straw on Kewl lids? :lol:

I love these old photos . Great pic z

It's a Viet Cong "black pajama" stardard issue jungle hat.  When he found it, a dead guy was wearing it....prolly why he went missing too!  Serves him right...hat thief!

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's a Viet Cong "black pajama" stardard issue jungle hat.  When he found it, a dead guy was wearing it....prolly why he went missing too!  Serves him right...hat thief!

Jesus :lol:

Just now, xcr700 said:

So the hat thief is pop?

No....the hat thief is/was MIA.  My dads got all kinds of "parting gifts" too though.  Even kept an ear....the freak!  It looks like a little burnt potato chip. :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

No....the hat thief is/was MIA.  My dads got all kinds of "parting gifts" too though.  Even kept an ear....the freak!  It looks like a little burnt potato chip. :lol:

Worst thing I ever did was keep a few fingers. ....mind you,I was playing Fallout 3.:lol: sounds like your dad is someone I wouldn't want to cross 

2 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Worst thing I ever did was keep a few fingers. ....mind you,I was playing Fallout 3.:lol: sounds like your dad is someone I wouldn't want to cross 

Nicest guy in the world.  And the only man that scares the shit out of me.  Still does and he's in his mid 70's!  He was full of all kinds of words of wisdom, like "Punching somebody in the nose is easy, the real trick is to get them to apologize to you for having to do it." :lmao: 

Still...not sure how I'm all fucked up. :dunno:

Gonna call that old fucker tomorrow. :bc: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nicest guy in the world.  And the only man that scares the shit out of me.  Still does and he's in his mid 70's!  He was full of all kinds of words of wisdom, like "Punching somebody in the nose is easy, the real trick is to get them to apologize to you for having to do it." :lmao: 

Still...not sure how I'm all fucked up. :dunno:

Gonna call that old fucker tomorrow. :bc: 

Good on you :bc:I miss my dad.  Died when i was 9. Fucker . 

Good on you :bc:I miss my dad.  Died when i was 9. Fucker . 

Shit man.  Sorry to hear that.  How come I didn't know that?  I thought we were friends?  I'm reporting you to HSR for friendship fraud.  Turn in your gun and hammer in the morning.  Or, fuck everybody up and give them to Tommy. :lol:

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Shit man.  Sorry to hear that.  How come I didn't know that?  I thought we were friends?  I'm reporting you to HSR for friendship fraud.  Turn in your gun and hammer in the morning.  Or, fuck everybody up and give them to Tommy. :lol:

Do you even work there anymore ,? :lol:. . If we handed Tommy that power again, the site would be erased in weeks.  Fucker bans anything that moves . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Do you even work there anymore ,? :lol:. . If we handed Tommy that power again, the site would be erased in weeks.  Fucker bans anything that moves . 

Yeah.  But their new app sucks and it is tedious on my phone.  I pop in almost daily just to do a quick look.  It's not the same since they blew it up with the password reset.  I think a lot of old members came back with different names so it's hard to tell who anybody is now.  Sucks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah.  But their new app sucks and it is tedious on my phone.  I pop in almost daily just to do a quick look.  It's not the same since they blew it up with the password reset.  I think a lot of old members came back with different names so it's hard to tell who anybody is now.  Sucks.

Yup. I'm starting to fade away from there. Spending more time on here and Trackshare 

3 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Yup. I'm starting to fade away from there. Spending more time on here and Trackshare 

Yeah, I like it here.  Easy to work from my phone and the "no rules" thing cracks me the fuck up.  Some really creative name calling and personal threats in here....and not just from me either!

I went back and forth a bit with Chris about it the other day.  He doesn't post but likes to come in here and see the action.  It still make me laugh.  Too bad some of these idiots had the CE shut down over there.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I like it here.  Easy to work from my phone and the "no rules" thing cracks me the fuck up.  Some really creative name calling and personal threats in here....and not just from me either!

I went back and forth a bit with Chris about it the other day.  He doesn't post but likes to come in here and see the action.  It still make me laugh.  Too bad some of these idiots had the CE shut down over there.

I feel tough over here. No rules makes my pants grow tight :lol:. Sometimes it's hard to tell who's seriously against you,and who's just fuckin with you.  I'll get the hang of it sooner or later :smack:. I think me ,you ,ez  don and woody are the only hcs guys on here. Kinda funny . 

I feel tough over here. No rules makes my pants grow tight :lol:. Sometimes it's hard to tell who's seriously against you,and who's just fuckin with you.  I'll get the hang of it sooner or later :smack:. I think me ,you ,ez  don and woody are the only hcs guys on here. Kinda funny . 

Yeah.  Fucking Thunderdome to the maximum here.  But it still can get rough over in the GDF...here it's just politically based, there it's brand bashing.  But if you can hang over there without getting your feelings hurt, this place is the next level I guess.  I don't have feelings though so IDGAF!

• Like 1

Me in Hawaii, sometime in early 1993. I was 19, maybe just turned 20

FB_IMG_1478899720003.thumb.jpg.765d28b57b152840872ef32872ec0e71.jpg

Hawaii 1993  Fast Roping out the back of a CH46 

FB_IMG_1478899746674.jpg.967ae38f6998dad1025d9e17809ee370.jpg

Me and my buddy German (he's from Guatemala, but moved to Texas and got his citizenship)  Okinawa 1993.  He's now a Major or Lt Colonel in Force Recon. 

FB_IMG_1478899723453.jpg.48dd505631b75ca69609fc3befb8c055.jpg

Mainland Japan 1993. Me (I needed a real haircut, not a barracks cut :lmao:  ) my buddy Jason, and Roger.  Good times 

FB_IMG_1478896205202.thumb.jpg.80f1ad789db37b783de8e672bfede4f0.jpg

Somewhere in the Pacific 94/95  We were the first ever, company sized unit to launch from a submarine 

FB_IMG_1478895981133.jpg.e3320c2bea89213070c054491c432efc.jpg

Okinawa 1995 

FB_IMG_1478896053679.thumb.jpg.ffa1e2babe315de35d3340ba2abaab9b.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Me in Hawaii, sometime in early 1993. I was 19, maybe just turned 20

FB_IMG_1478899720003.thumb.jpg.765d28b57b152840872ef32872ec0e71.jpg

Hawaii 1993  Fast Roping out the back of a CH46 

FB_IMG_1478899746674.jpg.967ae38f6998dad1025d9e17809ee370.jpg

Me and my buddy German (he's from Guatemala, but moved to Texas and got his citizenship)  Okinawa 1993.  He's now a Major or Lt Colonel in Force Recon. 

FB_IMG_1478899723453.jpg.48dd505631b75ca69609fc3befb8c055.jpg

Mainland Japan 1993. Me (I needed a real haircut, not a barracks cut :lmao:  ) my buddy Jason, and Roger.  Good times 

FB_IMG_1478896205202.thumb.jpg.80f1ad789db37b783de8e672bfede4f0.jpg

Somewhere in the Pacific 94/95  We were the first ever, company sized unit to launch from a submarine 

FB_IMG_1478895981133.jpg.e3320c2bea89213070c054491c432efc.jpg

Okinawa 1995 

FB_IMG_1478896053679.thumb.jpg.ffa1e2babe315de35d3340ba2abaab9b.jpg

:lies:

Really cool pics man!  All "HOOAH!" and shit!  I'm gonna break out my scanner and pictures one day and digitize a bunch of shit.  Damn....wonder where my pictures are.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Pretty fucking awesome 

It was a great time.  If I had to do it all over again, I would in a fucking heart beat :bc:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:lies:

Really cool pics man!  

All"HOOAH!" and shit!  I'm gonna break out my scanner and pictures one day and digitize a bunch of shit.  

Damn....wonder where my pictures are.

:bc:

I'm missing a box that has thousands of pics in it. Don't know if it's at my parents, or still packed up in the basement from when we moved. 

They're with your DD214 :lol:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS
  • Like 1