Subaru rolls out it's full size Ascent suv

10 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Great , another Lesbaru for gays and old people to clog the fast lane on the freeway with. 

What color are you going to lease , Gayeve? 

I guess I could fall in to your "old" category at 46, but I think it looks great! If the Forester was a little more comfortable and looked a little better, that's probably what I would have bought over the Ford Escape. I really liked our old Outback :dunno: 

I will say that I'm loving the Escape so far. It drives nice, has plenty of power for me and has been averaging 29.8MPG :bc:

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

not in a full size,  small v6 with a turbo i might buy like the 2.7 ecoboost

Rob's little 4cyl ecoboost is pretty strong. I'm not saying that motor would be good in a full size SUV, but the technology is there to produce a nice 4cyl turbo that would work in a SUV.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Rob's little 4cyl ecoboost is pretty strong. I'm not saying that motor would be good in a full size SUV, but the technology is there to produce a nice 4cyl turbo that would work in a SUV.

small or even a midsize like the edge sure,  but even putting a 2 place behind a 4 cyl turbo full size seems a bit nuts.

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I guess I could fall in to your "old" category at 46, but I think it looks great! If the Forester was a little more comfortable and looked a little better, that's probably what I would have bought over the Ford Escape. I really liked our old Outback :dunno: 

I will say that I'm loving the Escape so far. It drives nice, has plenty of power for me and has been averaging 29.8MPG :bc:

You are under homo suspicion :news:

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

It isn't a Forester.

Doesn't matter what they drive. I deal with them all the time 

53 minutes ago, ckf said:

His RS is also a lot lighter 

5 hours ago, ckf said:

It looks like an Outback on steroids.

636275910796083030-TR8-EXT-FQ-small.jpg

I like it.

4 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

2.5 liters of towing fury. 

:lmao:

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Meh.   Looks like a Toyota. 

Maybe that's why I like it. :)

4 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

timing belt at 100k guaranteed...

Here's my wife's at 100k miles.  Interference engine...could have gone any second....then, screwed! :wall:

IMG_1231.JPG

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I like it.

:lmao:

Maybe that's why I like it. :)

Here's my wife's at 100k miles.  Interference engine...could have gone any second....then, screwed! :wall:

IMG_1231.JPG

That's ridiculous.  If that would have broke I would have sent it showroom floor, f7ben style.  

Interference timing belts are a PITA.  Just another major unneeded maintenance item.

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

That's ridiculous.  If that would have broke I would have sent it showroom floor, f7ben style.  

Interference timing belts are a PITA.  Just another major unneeded maintenance item.

Absolutely!  Super stupid.  Imagine how many are out there on the road right just waiting to pop.  Then ooops!  Valves and head job.  Just stupid.  My shop says they get one a week that "just stopped running all of a sudden".  If it's an interference engine....get ready for some real bad news.  $3-5k bad news.

They should make some type of clear window for routine inspection.  

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Absolutely!  Super stupid.  Imagine how many are out there on the road right just waiting to pop.  Then ooops!  Valves and head job.  Just stupid.  My shop says they get one a week that "just stopped running all of a sudden".  If it's an interference engine....get ready for some real bad news.  $3-5k bad news.

They should make some type of clear window for routine inspection.  

I changed belt at I think 50,000.  I'd have to read what the recommended service interval is, but I'd be surprised if it is more then 75,000.