Tesla Just Passed GM to Become Top U.S. Carmaker

I have been in two Tesla's now and the two weird things that stick out is the lack of noise and the really big screen in the middle of the car. You can hear the tires on the road over the noise of the motor. I did see a model X about a week or two ago and I will say it looks much better in person than the pictures.

9 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

They have a backpack blower now too,.but if you have the 2.0 or 2.5ah battery it won't run the backpack for very long..it needs the 5.0 or 7.5ah to get good run time.

I have a new 60 volt 9ah DeWalt 20" chainsaw, pretty impressive so far, I use it when trail brushing.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

I have a new 60 volt 9ah DeWalt 20" chainsaw, pretty impressive so far, I use it when trail brushing.

The battery chainsaws are awesome for that medium stuff..6" or less..they are just so handy and easy to use,..I have some bad ass chainsaws,..I use my battery saw 80% of the time

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The battery chainsaws are awesome for that medium stuff..6" or less..they are just so handy and easy to use,..I have some bad ass chainsaws,..I use my battery saw 80% of the time

I've been using it on the trails, cutting logs as big as 15" and more, it slows down some in the big stuff but so do my very large gas saws.

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I hate to say it, but the Core product is a plie

I wouldn't expect a sales rep that makes his living selling a product, to put any other product above the product they sell.  I could go to a ford sales person and they are going to tell me a GM pickup is shit and vice versa.  Each will even have literature and stories to back up there claim that the other product/competition is shit.

MC when he got that trimmer came on FS pounding his chest about his purchase while boycotting walmart being all about pro union, anti china, and pro american jobs type stuff and threads.  Scott Walker was in the news getting the left all fired up if i remember correctly.  And his claim was that there was no, more american options, for him to buy.  Ego is made in China 100%.  Core on the other hand is assembled in the USA by a USA company/small buisiness.

I will call out the fucking idiot hypocrite MC anytime he pulls out the pro merican flag because he doesnt remotely walk the walk when it comes down to it.

Edited by BOHICA

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I wouldn't expect a sales rep that makes his living selling a product, to put any other product above the product they sell.  I could go to a ford sales person and they are going to tell me a GM pickup is shit and vice versa.  Each will even have literature and stories to back up there claim that the other product/competition is shit.

MC when he got that trimmer came on FS pounding his chest about his purchase while boycotting walmart being all about pro union, anti china, and pro american jobs type stuff and threads.  Scott Walker was in the news getting the left all fired up if i remember correctly.  And his claim was that there was no, more american options, for him to buy.  Ego is made in China 100%.  Core on the other hand is assembled in the USA by a USA company/small buisiness.

I will call out the fucking idiot hypocrite MC anytime he pulls out the pro merican flag because he doesnt remotely walk the walk when it comes down to it.

The Core was shit. Their reviews by owners said as much. But hey you go with what you THINK you know.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

I look at weight, cost, and power, and the dealers I talk to that are currently selling or had sold them in the past..

Power of the core 21v/6.5ah= 136.5w

Power of the ego 56v/2.5, 5.0, or 7.5ah =140w, 280w, or 420w

Core has no other tools so you still have to rely on gas, Ego has blowers, saws, mowers, snowthrowers, trimmer, hedge trimmer and all batteries are interchangeable in the tools. 

The core trimmer weighs 16.5lbs!!! the Ego is 10lbs

Warranty is the same on both

You have to use a Core trimmer head on the Core trimmer, The Ego is able to use a multitude of aftermarket head from Rapid loader, Kwik load, Pivot trim, take your pick..

Every Core dealer I know of says it's the worst line they have carried, zero support, load you up on equipment that does not move, The batteries consistently fail and they do not cover warranties..

FYI, Assembled in the USA and Made in the USA are 2 different things, Ill go check out a Core Battery next time Im at a dealer and snap a picture, Ill bet it says made in China

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I look at weight, cost, and power, and the dealers I talk to that are currently selling or had sold them in the past..

Power of the core 21v/6.5ah= 136.5w

Power of the ego 56v/2.5, 5.0, or 7.5ah =140w, 280w, or 420w

Core has no other tools so you still have to rely on gas, Ego has blowers, saws, mowers, snowthrowers, trimmer, hedge trimmer and all batteries are interchangeable in the tools. 

The core trimmer weighs 16.5lbs!!! the Ego is 10lbs

Warranty is the same on both

You have to use a Core trimmer head on the Core trimmer, The Ego is able to use a multitude of aftermarket head from Rapid loader, Kwik load, Pivot trim, take your pick..

Every Core dealer I know of says it's the worst line they have carried, zero support, load you up on equipment that does not move, The batteries consistently fail and they do not cover warranties..

FYI, Assembled in the USA and Made in the USA are 2 different things, Ill go check out a Core Battery next time Im at a dealer and snap a picture, Ill bet it says made in China

All the Core parts are made in China. The battery power of the EGO was a huge selling point over any other electric

People have been posting this all week with a complete lack of understanding of valuation.  It's enterprise value (EV) that needs to be considered, not market cap.  Market cap is only one source of funding a company can use.  Tesla is financed mainly on equity, not debt, and it has an enterprise value of half what GM does.  Ford and GM, large, stable companies, are leveraging more debt and taking advantage of the tax savings of debt versus equity.  Could be useful to check the interest coverage ratio too and all could be levered more.

I knew this was wrong and was going to post something.  Took me awhile to find it, but this guy gets it.  

https://medium.com/@ruzbehb/tesla-is-not-valued-at-more-than-general-motors-and-ford-hint-enterprise-value-c89c2d21222e

1*ddrrG-qo_3z_aa2LrbgMqg.png