Traeger grills

Just now, Anler said:

My favorite places for steak are:

1. Mastros

2. Gibson's

3. Morton's on state

4. Gene and georgettis

In no particular order. I wasn't overly impressed with Chicago cut. 

Ditkas has a good steak believe it or not. Been to all of those but Mastros. Lived next store to Gene and Georgettis. Got married in the church across the street. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

That would be best. Last time I was there the bill was over $800 and that was for 4 people...

Jesus dude with 4 people that would be lucky to just cover the alcohol if me and 2 of my buds were with you. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Jesus dude with 4 people that would be lucky to just cover the alcohol if me and 2 of my buds were with you. :lol:

We were reserved with the alcohol. Couple bottles of wine and we went somewhere else for drinks...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Anler said:

1. Mastros

2. Gibson's

3. Morton's on state

4. Gene and georgettis

Gibson's at the Rosemont is one of the best places for steak. 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Gibson's at the Rosemont is one of the best places for steak. 

I have some clients up there and we do Gibson's fairly often. Love that place. 

19 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Ditkas has a good steak believe it or not. Been to all of those but Mastros. Lived next store to Gene and Georgettis. Got married in the church across the street. 

Ditkas is great we just don't go there very often. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have some clients up there and we do Gibson's fairly often. Love that place. 

Used to eat there often when we used to exhibit at the Powder Bulk Solids Show years back.  Hit it last about 6 months ago during a stay over back to ohare. 

On 4/10/2017 at 10:11 AM, 02sled said:

We just bought a Traeger Timberline 1300 last week which apparently is a new model for them. I'm looking forward to using it at the lake this summer. We'll take it north and assemble it in a few weeks. They definitely aren't cheap but we were able to buy direct from Traeger and saved a bunch.  

What did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

also does everything you cook taste like wood? For instance i like thr grill chicken breasts i marinade in Italian dress from tine to time. I dont want woid flavor on that.  

15 hours ago, Anler said:

1. Mastros

2. Gibson's

3. Morton's on state

4. Gene and georgettis

We just stayed in Chicago last weekend and we ate at the Primehouse and i wasn't impressed. We also went to Quortino for Italian and that was fantastic!

18 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

also does everything you cook taste like wood? For instance i like thr grill chicken breasts i marinade in Italian dress from tine to time. I dont want woid flavor on that.  

The online price is $1999 US. My wife was at an event for manufacturers to show their products to the wholesale buyers and was able to buy it from one of the manufacturer account reps for $1350 at the end of the event. I guess he didn't really want to take it back with him. They were also cooking up samples and she said it tasted absolutely fantastic.

https://www.traegergrills.com/shop/grills/timberline-series/timberline-1300/TFB01WLB.html

Haven't used it yet so I don't know what it will taste like. It's still in the box and will likely be christened on our Victoria Day wknd. May 20 - 22

Edited by 02sled
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

We just stayed in Chicago last weekend and we ate at the Primehouse and i wasn't impressed. We also went to Quortino for Italian and that was fantastic!

I dont know that place. Everyone has different tastes/experiences whatever. Those are the places I have had a good experience at. I was completely blown away by the tomahawk at Mastros. It was on another level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

when the heats turned up theres not much wood taste the low smoking setting is where it really penetrates.  

• Like 1