Summer Fun????

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

hahaha.  Almost but not quite with these little buggies.  With the big buggies on 60" tires you are spot on.  We have to lift the truck to the ceiling then put a jack under the axle to get the tire off the ground.  

That's awesome, and a little insane :lol::bc:

This is the TJ build of my brothers.  Pulled it in the shop on about March 17.  Cut all the running gear off and installed the tranny the first evening.  Finished the skid plate and belly pan the next morning.  I left for Asia and it was done before I got home.   We can typically have them sitting on all 4 tires in about 4 days.  Two full weekend days and a couple of evenings.  That is if all the pieces are already sitting on the shelf and we don't have to wait for anything.  But everything has to be hand built.  Wheels, wheel centers, links, axles, skidplates, etc.  You have to design, cut and fabricate all the major components yourself.  

17499299_1810757008950291_83132063586377

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea.  You have to build a jeep right or they are major trouble in the woods.  It's no fun trying to get a 6000lb rig out of the woods when it only has 3 tires on the ground.  Two different rigs from last summer.  

14040102_10153651042201513_3066250550062

13083262_1386537491372247_63288528185911

Ouch :lol:

40 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Pretty general builds for our group these days.  I'm planning to build myself a new rig.  I want to start with a 4 door Canyon/Colorado.  Coilovers and 44" AG's.  Something that will go through the bumps good and still get through the mud OK.   I'm just looking for a decent donor right now.  I barely missed a donor a few weeks back but I was out of the country.  

Look on 355 Nation,are you on that site?

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

Look on 355 Nation,are you on that site?

A Colorado/Canyon forum.  hahaha.  I am looking for a donor.  Preferably with a reconstructed title.  I should be able to get a decent one with the 3.5 for $4800-$5200 

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

A Colorado/Canyon forum.  hahaha.  I am looking for a donor.  Preferably with a reconstructed title.  I should be able to get a decent one with the 3.5 for $4800-$5200 

Parts and trucks get sold on there. You never know what pops up on there.

Parts and trucks get sold on there. You never know what pops up on there.

Right but it has to be in my area before it's worth the effort.  I will keep an eye out for sure.  Thanks for the link. :bc: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Right but it has to be in my area before it's worth the effort.  I will keep an eye out for sure.  Thanks for the link. :bc: 

There is some good tech info on the 3.5 and 3.7. A lot of V8 swap info as well. A few 4bt swaps with great info. A few pics you can share on your FB.:popcornchair:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

There is some good tech info on the 3.5 and 3.7. A lot of V8 swap info as well. A few 4bt swaps with great info. A few pics you can share on your FB.:popcornchair:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hahaha.  All funny for sure.  

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

hahaha.  Almost but not quite with these little buggies.  With the big buggies on 60" tires you are spot on.  We have to lift the truck to the ceiling then put a jack under the axle to get the tire off the ground.  

Your life is Boy's Life magazine on steroids :thumb: 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dave said:

Mr. Ticks got a girls Hummer complex..he hates jeeps. :lol:

We aren't really partial to any brand or body style.  Just cheap donors is what we look for.  Yodas make good donors too.  These rigs in stock form are dime a dozen.  

13775869_1464682003557795_91392178277523

Sami's are fun to build too.

13265991_1401188109907185_30370977987399

Cherokee's are a good platform because they are cheap and have decent power.  I bought this 2001 XJ completely stock for $700.  This is a bad ass rig now.  It will rip down the trail at +40mph no problem.  On 37" BFG's

12187663_1068470766526437_70551782645948

On 44" AG's

12717315_1128594000514113_23749800038054

These are two bad ass rigs we finished last spring.  Both will rip down the trail at +40MPH in the bumps.  Both do decent in the mud.  Put 37" tires on them and they will almost keep up with RZR's.  

14054002_1287061901333988_35171649026436

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Your life is Boy's Life magazine on steroids :thumb: 

It is for sure.  I am very blessed no doubt.  We live in paradise and when paradise is ugly we leave for a week or so to someone else's paradise.  

• Like 1

I'm not a brand loyal like Dave ,the village idiot. I like them all. This is a buds Sami build. I'm posting this pic of my H3 for Dave the village idiot.:lmao:he just can't get enough pics of my tremendous off road rig.:lmao:

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Woodtick said:

I'm not a brand loyal like Dave ,the village idiot. I like them all. This is a buds Sami build. I'm posting this pic of my H3 for Dave the village idiot.:lmao:he just can't get enough pics of my tremendous off road rig.:lmao:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dude, that is BA.  A Sami on tracks is unstoppable.  Is it a turbo diesel Sami by chance?  

No, I think he is putting a v6 out of a Dodge Charger. He said it's the new thing because they are so cheap at the Bone yards. He owns a big off road shop in Mn and has about 10 cool rigs. Another pic for Dave. It's my 3 in front of Fords first pant in Big Bay Mi. Dave loves Fords.:ashamed:

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

No, I think he is putting a v6 out of a Dodge Charger. He said it's the new thing because they are so cheap at the Bone yards. He owns a big off road shop in Mn and has about 10 cool rigs. Another pic for Dave. It's my 3 in front of Fords first pant in Big Bay Mi. Dave loves Fords.:ashamed:

image.jpg

That's a cool picture.  

• Like 2