Summer Fun????

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well my friends are retards ok? And if I was riding with them I would get sucked into some retarded shit too... I owned motorcycles prior to having kids and never crashed. But all of the guys I rode with did. Buried 2 of them. I would get a cruiser bike for touring. 

I had an RM 370, Harley Hog (Willie Davidson is my cousin), a triple 500 Kawi H1R, a triple 750 Kawi, and a 250 Yami.

9 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

One thing I noticed was how wide those trails are. Ours are nowhere near that wide. Gets dangerous sometimes

Maybe just tell me who to piss off and what to say and I'll do it for you :lol:

We don't need you getting into any trouble 

Most of the sled trails are 8-9 feet wide.

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well my friends are retards ok? And if I was riding with them I would get sucked into some retarded shit too... I owned motorcycles prior to having kids and never crashed. But all of the guys I rode with did. Buried 2 of them. I would get a cruiser bike for touring. 

I lost a couple friends to Bikes, and I know what you mean, many of my friends drank and drove and got hurt or killed. It's easy to get sucked in.

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I had an RM 370, Harley Hog (Willie Davidson is my cousin), a triple 500 Kawi H1R, a triple 750 Kawi, and a 250 Yami.

My first bike was a 550 jaw and the I upgraded to a 650 Yamaha. Then I got an 85 kaw zl 900 eliminator and hopped it up. Bike was fast but heavier than the crotch rockets. I could do a 10 second 1/4 mile on it. 

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I lost a couple friends to Bikes, and I know what you mean, many of my friends drank and drove and got hurt or killed. It's easy to get sucked in.

Same thing happens with sledding or whatever. If you are riding with a group you automatically get sucked in to what the dumbest mother fucker in the group does. I'm trying to be more selective about my groups these days. :lol:

There are some people I absolutely will not ride with. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

My first bike was a 550 jaw and the I upgraded to a 650 Yamaha. Then I got an 85 kaw zl 900 eliminator and hopped it up. Bike was fast but heavier than the crotch rockets. I could do a 10 second 1/4 mile on it. 

What was the 900 Kawi Cafe Racer called yet? It might have been a 1000, so long ago I don't recall, in the 1980's sometime. I had 1 of those for a very short time, it was Grey in color, wife at the time made me sell it.

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Same thing happens with sledding or whatever. If you are riding with a group you automatically get sucked in to what the dumbest mother fucker in the group does. I'm trying to be more selective about my groups these days. :lol:

There are some people I absolutely will not ride with. 

:lol:   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

What was the 900 Kawi Cafe Racer called yet? It might have been a 1000, so long ago I don't recall, in the 1980's sometime. I had 1 of those for a very short time, it was Grey in color, wife at the time made me sell it.

The ninja. My bike had a 900 ninja engine.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

It was right before the Ninja, BTW, I wanted 1 of those and wifey said no. LOL

I think the kz was the precursor to the ninja. That thing was crazy fast for back in the day. 

Just now, Anler said:

I think the kz was the precursor to the ninja. That thing was crazy fast for back in the day. 

Might have been although I don't recall it saying Kz on it, it had a weird squared off body style and was called a "Cafe Racer".

3 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

It was right before the Ninja, BTW, I wanted 1 of those and wifey said no. LOL

Wait was it the gpz? That thing was nuts too.

Just now, Anler said:

I'm looking through my old pictures to see what it was called. Bought it from Oak Creek Motorsports where I bought all my Kawi sleds from and 2 of the bikes.

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

These are our latest two builds.  2006 Chevy Canyon on Rockwell duce-and-a-halfs and 44" AG's.  

17796019_1824756297550362_78934771998060

And a 2001 Jeep TJ on Duce-and-a-halfs and 48" R1 Rice and Canes.  

17311241_1237638239624574_19755487156649

Holy... Getting pretty wild!

Just now, Dave said:

Holy... Getting pretty wild!

Pretty general builds for our group these days.  I'm planning to build myself a new rig.  I want to start with a 4 door Canyon/Colorado.  Coilovers and 44" AG's.  Something that will go through the bumps good and still get through the mud OK.   I'm just looking for a decent donor right now.  I barely missed a donor a few weeks back but I was out of the country.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Pic I found just says Kawasaki on the tank, seat is a 1 seater and flat, Bike has a squared off look, called my buddy who thinks it was a GPZ 1000, I only had the thing for a couple months, maybe 3 months.

The TJ is coming out good.  Just needs a few more things and it will be done.  It's my brothers rig.  We will have it complete and rolling out the door by Wednesday.  Just waiting on a couple more parts to show up in the mail. W/E coilovers.  Front and rear steer.  Double ended ram. 116" wheelbase.  My brother, my Nephew and I built that rig in about 12 days.  I did very little except consult and help with the transmission swap.  It was a manual and we swapped in an AW4.  

17757568_1248784738509924_79883370859416

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Pretty general builds for our group these days.  I'm planning to build myself a new rig.  I want to start with a 4 door Canyon/Colorado.  Coilovers and 44" AG's.  Something that will go through the bumps good and still get through the mud OK.   I'm just looking for a decent donor right now.  I barely missed a donor a few weeks back but I was out of the country.  

Ive put getting another jeep on hold...no places to drive really other then Atv trails...and we just do to much damage to them if you remember from those pictures i sent you before.

19 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

These are our latest two builds.  2006 Chevy Canyon on Rockwell duce-and-a-halfs and 44" AG's.  

17796019_1824756297550362_78934771998060

And a 2001 Jeep TJ on Duce-and-a-halfs and 48" R1 Rice and Canes.  

17311241_1237638239624574_19755487156649

By the time that hoist gets the jeep in the air with the suspension sag ,it will be one inch off the ground and the roof will be in the ceiling :bong:

Just now, Dave said:

Ive put getting another jeep on hold...no places to drive really other then Atv trails...and we just do to much damage to them if you remember from those pictures i sent you before.

Yea.  You have to build a jeep right or they are major trouble in the woods.  It's no fun trying to get a 6000lb rig out of the woods when it only has 3 tires on the ground.  Two different rigs from last summer.  

14040102_10153651042201513_3066250550062

13083262_1386537491372247_63288528185911

2 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

By the time that hoist gets the jeep in the air with the suspension sag ,it will be one inch off the ground and the roof will be in the ceiling :bong:

hahaha.  Almost but not quite with these little buggies.  With the big buggies on 60" tires you are spot on.  We have to lift the truck to the ceiling then put a jack under the axle to get the tire off the ground.