Average cars impounded.....

Puzzleboy

Yeah, I know, a few days old....... In the cell phone era, you have to knock it off after a few miles.  I was pulled over on the 400 last summer, and the cop told me 8 people had called it in.  Of course, I was going with the flow at the time he pulled me over..... :)

In B.C. (IIRC) they would have crushed the cars... so I guess they're lucky!

http://www.chch.com/opp-impounds-stunt-driving-exotic-cars/

Edited by Puzzleboy

I heard this story just as I was leaving work to go home. I figured all the cops in the area were busy doing paperwork so I cruised home doing 145. No problem.

The cars were all towed from the lot by the time I went past.

I see the same lawyer representing those car owners, is the same shyster representing the Ancaster resident that 'allegedly' hacked Yahoo.

http://www.lawyerratingz.com/reviews/1038472/Lawyer-Amedeo-DiCarlo.html

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/914431555715

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/stunt-driving-takedown-instagram-reveals-car-club-s-expensive-antics-1.3352322

Mosport and Calabogie both have track days. I guess these guys could afford that?

Any word if CJ was involved? 

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

You can't get up to those speeds at Mosport.  :)

But aren't those cars all about G forces in the corners? Mind you getting around corners @ higher than average speeds would require some driving skills :D .

Edited by revrnd
  • Like 1

Not on the DDT, you can't.  On the big track, sure. 

4 hours ago, Momorider said:

You can hit 200 mph at the hill crest by the bridge if you have the hp to get there :) 

True.  But depends on the manufacturer/model.  Mine is electronically limited to 186 (300 km/h), but apparently that is set to match the tire rating (liability).  Can easily be set higher though.  :)

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Very few street cars can hit 200 mph. Aren,t most of them limited @ 180 mph or so ?

Edited by Puzzleboy

On 4/7/2017 at 5:17 PM, revrnd said:

I see the same lawyer representing those car owners, is the same shyster representing the Ancaster resident that 'allegedly' hacked Yahoo.

http://www.lawyerratingz.com/reviews/1038472/Lawyer-Amedeo-DiCarlo.html

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/914431555715

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/stunt-driving-takedown-instagram-reveals-car-club-s-expensive-antics-1.3352322

Mosport and Calabogie both have track days. I guess these guys could afford that?

Any word if CJ was involved? 

I would guess that most if not all of these guys truly cannot afford these cars.  From what I saw it was a bunch of older models with ugly paint jobs and tons of decals all over them.  Any one who can truly afford to drive a new model Lamborghini or Ferrari has zero interest in driving like an idiot on the 400 in a large group.

I heard something a couple of days ago about being able to lease a Maserati for $999 a month. I think there was a $10,000 down payment required. It seems you can buy the Maserati Ghibli S Q4 starting at $93,950.

I saw some older ones also, but also a couple newer Lambos.  But keep in mind, they likely still have a couple daily drivers.  Not cheap regardless. 

Although people are now paying for a Raptor what you can buy a used Gallo for...... Lol.

Most of them are probably leased from those used exotic places.  I once talked to a car sales manager who told me stories about working at one of those places.  He said it was a pretty uncomfortable work environment,  all the customers have bad credit and shady incomes.  The way it works is they take a sizeable down payment and then the people have to come in every month and make their lease payments in cash, more often then not their financial situation changes quickly and they stop making the payments and the car gets repo'd.

You are right though, the lease on a loaded pickup or full size suv is probably not far off a used exotic.

12 hours ago, 02sled said:

I heard something a couple of days ago about being able to lease a Maserati for $999 a month. I think there was a $10,000 down payment required. It seems you can buy the Maserati Ghibli S Q4 starting at $93,950.

I wonder what that would work to in '82 or '83 dollars? I was probably just edging 11 bucks an hour when I was 21 (same age age the Ancaster hacker) & in the 3rd year of my apprenticeship. My first pickup (a 4x4, new was 15,000)

21 minutes ago, rjd75 said:

Most of them are probably leased from those used exotic places.  I once talked to a car sales manager who told me stories about working at one of those places.  He said it was a pretty uncomfortable work environment,  all the customers have bad credit and shady incomes.  The way it works is they take a sizeable down payment and then the people have to come in every month and make their lease payments in cash, more often then not their financial situation changes quickly and they stop making the payments and the car gets repo'd.

You are right though, the lease on a loaded pickup or full size suv is probably not far off a used exotic.

Any one who can truly afford to drive a new model Lamborghini or Ferrari has zero interest in driving like an idiot on the 400 in a large group.

Ya think? LOL 

Livin' the life at Uniun or Rebel till 4 in the morning... 

These azzhats look down at rednecks w/ their jacked up 4x4s, then go & stick a bumch of stickers on a Maserati or Lambo' :slapping: I guess that's what the ricer drivers with more stickers on them than Dale Jr's car, aspire to. But hey, playing GTA & Forza Motorsport for hours on end makes you the next Lewis Hamilton. They must be excellent drivers the way they weave thru traffic on the 400 or 401 so much better than the rest of us in their little shitboxes.

I imagine anyone who is a true enthusiast/car club member would mind their Ps & Qs when on the highway when driving a cop magnet.

You can only write off approx $800 per month nowadays.  

My buddy is a Porsche dealer and I was surprised when he told me that the majority of his clients are cash buyers.   No finance/lease.   Just scribble out a cheque and leave.   

On a side note does anyone know what happens to higher end cars (Audis, BMWs Lexuses) when the come off their lease? The reason I ask is that you never see a single mom w/ 3 rugrats, driving a 15 year old beater X5. It's like the cars disappear from the roads after they're 3 or 4 years old.

Edited by revrnd

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

On a side note does anyone know what happens to higher end cars (Audis, BMWs Lexuses) when the come off their lease? The reason I ask is that you never see a single mom w/ 3 rugrats, driving a 15 year old beater X5. It's like the cars disappear from the roads after they're 3 or 4 years old.

Kijiji

2003 BMW X5  on Kijiji http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/2003-bmw-x5/1253783859?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

• Like 1

Perfect 4x4 for going to the hunting camp LOL

Bro & I were out to the Third Hole in the Ridges east of Burketon years ago. Watching the guys playing in the mud & 2 yuppie couples arrive in a M class Benz. I said that the trail in from the Boundary Rd, must be getting too easy to navigate.