Sled Insurance

I've never insured any of my toys before but for the helluva it, I decided to get a quote since I'm moving insurance companies on my vehicles.

$82/MO!!!!!     ......and I laughed and I laughed.....and laughed.  NO FUCKING WAY I'M PAYING THAT!  I wonder if my daughter being on the policy hurts it...it almost doubled our premiums for the vehicles.  Damn kids! :lmao: Maybe it's the time of the year? :dunno: 

Anybody getting better luck?  

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I've never insured any of my toys before but for the helluva it, I decided to get a quote since I'm moving insurance companies on my vehicles.

$82/MO!!!!!     ......and I laughed and I laughed.....and laughed.  NO FUCKING WAY I'M PAYING THAT!  I wonder if my daughter being on the policy hurts it...it almost doubled our premiums for the vehicles.  Damn kids! :lmao: Maybe it's the time of the year? :dunno: 

Don't you guys need insurance to ride on sled trails?

I pay about 1K/yr for my three sleds, mind you that is for Libtard Nookville and no I do not have my son on the policy yet, just wife and me.

My son will add about 1K to our car prems once he gets his graduated license.

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

USAA. Use it. I pay like 18 a month. Can pause it during the summer.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I always insure. Hit someone and you will be happy you are insured. 

You have too, $289.00 a year for my 2016 600, $246.00 a year for my wife's 2015 600 for 300/300 coverage, and then I have a 2 mil umbrella in case things get real shitty. My Insurance will go up next year with me going back to an 800.

44 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Don't you guys need insurance to ride on sled trails?

I pay about 1K/yr for my three sleds, mind you that is for Libtard Nookville and no I do not have my son on the policy yet, just wife and me.

My son will add about 1K to our car prems once he gets his graduated license.

No not required.  I carry a big liability umbrella on me though.  

40 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

USAA. Use it. I pay like 18 a month. Can pause it during the summer.

Had them for years and years.  Til I realized they were shafting me on car insurance.  Never went back.  Do have some banking and life with them though.

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I always insure. Hit someone or something and you will be happy you are insured. 

Dumbasses ride without it.

Just be quiet already.  You having it at all tells me I shouldn't bother with it. :lmao:

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Almost everything we own in through State Farm.  I think the ZR6 was the most expensive this year at somewhere around $220 for the year full coverage.  The XF and Viper are somewhere around $195 each, I think.  

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Almost everything we own in through State Farm.  I think the ZR6 was the most expensive this year at somewhere around $220 for the year full coverage.  The XF and Viper are somewhere around $195 each, I think.  

Yeah...I need to recheck on this a bit.  This price makes no sense.  Unless they have the whole family riding it?  NO WAY...Nobody touches my sled...or my truck. :lol:

$53.30 a month for the two sleds. The only thing I don't have is collision. Liability $2M and comprehensive for fire, theft, go through the ice. If I am stupid enough to run into a tree I'll pay for it myself.

$300 a year full cover for turbo. I've been told if you don't have insurance and you hurt somebody in an accident they can sue the hell out of you, take all your shit and garnish your wages for eternity... I don't know if that is true or not

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

I always insure. Hit someone or something and you will be happy you are insured. 

Somebody needs to do a wellness check on the old guy.

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

yup i always assume people with no insurance have no assets to care about cause theres no way i am losing it all

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

yup i always assume people with no insurance have no assets to care about cause theres no way i am losing it all

I'd love to hear of an example where someone "lost it all" due to anything to do with a sled. Its an at risk sport and I cant see anyway that anything I do short of being drunk and hitting a pedestrian could have me being liable. There is nothing that can happen on the trail that you would be found liable for.