Senate Republicans tee up 'nuclear' showdown on Gorsuch

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dems are getting what they wanted.   God I hope a couple more liberal wing justices step down. :lol:  

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/06/senate-republicans-tee-up-nuclear-showdown-on-gorsuch.html

It's bound to happen under R control.  Shit, Granny Gindsburg is 85 or something.  Beyer is 80-ish?  The Dems are really fucking themselves here.  And quite frankly, the rest of the nation too.  But they don't give a shit.  "RUSSIA!"

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's bound to happen under R control.  Shit, Granny Gindsburg is 85 or something.  Beyer is 80-ish?  The Dems are really fucking themselves here.  And quite frankly, the rest of the nation too.  But they don't give a shit.  "RUSSIA!"

They think Gorsuch is conservative?   :lol:   Just wait for the next one.   If he puts 2 more ultra conservatives on the court it could change the country as we know it rapidly unlike anything we've seen in decades and decades.  I seriously cannot believe they are doing this.   They just shot every ounce of political capital they had on SC nominee's.     They really better hope it works out.  It's a huge gamble.  

Edited by Highmark

17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They think Gorsuch is conservative?   :lol:   Just wait for the next one.   If he puts 2 more ultra conservatives on the court it could change the country as we know it rapidly unlike anything we've seen in decades and decades.  I seriously cannot believe they are doing this.   They just shot every ounce of political capital they had on SC nominee's.     They really better hope it works out.  It's a huge gamble.  

Cant wait maybe then the SCOTUS will outlaw idiots and we can get rid of a lot of dead beat imbeciles around here  :junk:

52-48 just came in for filibuster.   I think the rules change vote is going on now.  Amazing times we are living in.  

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Momorider said:

I heard it was 55 45 :dunno:

It was.   My mistake.  :thumb:

McConnell voted for filibuster?  Couple GOP gonna cross the line for a tie and put it on Pence?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/06/gorsuch-vote-tracker.html

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

It was.   My mistake.  :thumb:

4 Dems knew it was a bad idea and voted with the R's to protect their seats :) and McConnell has to change his vote so he could do what he is doing for some procedural BS 

Just now, Momorider said:

4 Dems knew it was a bad idea and voted with the R's to protect their seats :) and McConnell has to change his vote so he could do what he is doing for some procedural BS 

Got ya.  

I'm really trying to figure out the Dems long term plan or goal now.  I just don't see where this can be any type of "win" for them.  Gorsuch fit their model MUCH BETTER than Scalia.  What is the problem?  I don't get it.  Maybe they are just a bunch of whining, temper tantrum throwing crybabies.  I'd really hoped that wasn't the case at the top...but...........

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'm really trying to figure out the Dems long term plan or goal now.  I just don't see where this can be any type of "win" for them.  Gorsuch fit their model MUCH BETTER than Scalia.  What is the problem?  I don't get it.  Maybe they are just a bunch of whining, temper tantrum throwing crybabies.  I'd really hoped that wasn't the case at the top...but...........

Replace Bass with Base.

Edited by Highmark

Just think.   Up till about 10pm on November 8th Dem's thought they would have control over the SC for decades to come. :lol:   

I'm gonna have about 10 drinks tonight celebrating.  :thumb:

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Re pubs will have a larger majority in senate after 2018.  What I'm wait for when they go nuclear on a SC nominee in trump's 4th year

Its done.   Next is the nuclear option on legislation.  

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Mid-term elections.  They can go back to their constituents for the mid-terms and say how hard they fought against the nomination; and then make a lot of noise about how the rules were changed and how that will lead to even more conservative nominations in the future.  Then, with a swing of 3 seats, they will hold the majority and have more leverage to block future Trump nominees.  It's all about politics before process and politics before country.

7 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Mid-term elections.  They can go back to their constituents for the mid-terms and say how hard they fought against the nomination; and then make a lot of noise about how the rules were changed and how that will lead to even more conservative nominations in the future.  Then, with a swing of 3 seats, they will hold the majority and have more leverage to block future Trump nominees.  It's all about politics before process and politics before country.

or, they'll go back and their constituents will continue to tell them to fuck off like last november.

#nottiredofwinning