Senate Republicans tee up 'nuclear' showdown on Gorsuch

37 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Mid-term elections.  They can go back to their constituents for the mid-terms and say how hard they fought against the nomination; and then make a lot of noise about how the rules were changed and how that will lead to even more conservative nominations in the future.  Then, with a swing of 3 seats, they will hold the majority and have more leverage to block future Trump nominees.  It's all about politics before process and politics before country.

I don't think they have any hope of holding even half of the 22 seats they have coming up for election.  Not right now anyway.  Their games are gonna cost them....dearly.  And that is sad for all of us.  But they are willing to sacrifice it all...so, who can stop them?

• Platinum Contributing Member
48 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Mid-term elections.  They can go back to their constituents for the mid-terms and say how hard they fought against the nomination; and then make a lot of noise about how the rules were changed and how that will lead to even more conservative nominations in the future.  Then, with a swing of 3 seats, they will hold the majority and have more leverage to block future Trump nominees.  It's all about politics before process and politics before country.

9 senate seats held by dems that are in states won by Trump handily.   Giving the GOP what in the sports world we call free bulletin board material is not exactly smart politics.   Dem state yes, GOP or traditionally red state.....nope.  

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't think they have any hope of holding even half of the 22 seats they have coming up for election.  Not right now anyway.  Their games are gonna cost them....dearly.  And that is sad for all of us.  But they are willing to sacrifice it all...so, who can stop them?

I agree, however, two years is an eternity in American politics.  A lot can happen.  It's already clear the game plan is to try to take down the POTUS.  That's the strategy.  

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I agree, however, two years is an eternity in American politics.  A lot can happen.  It's already clear the game plan is to try to take down the POTUS.  That's the strategy.  

Yeah...we'll see.  But it's become clear they think their media is gonna win this for them....again.  That's an epic fail.  We'll see record numbers in mid terms by both sides...and the Right still have the majority.  Their attacks on Trump have become childish..as they laugh and laugh still thinking they maintain credibility with the majority of Americans.  It's as if the election in November never happened for any of them.  Perplexing.

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

ALLLL of the seats!!!1111 Neocon and dumocrat...

Yeah...I could stand to see something like that.  But that's not gonna happen so, we have to choose sides.  And I can't choose a team of whiny, hypocritical, repugnant and indignant sore losers..so that leaves me with the others.  Who right now look glorious compared to the Dems.  And what a feat that is to accomplish.  Yuck.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

I'm glad the dems did it, finally grew some balls to stand up to the fuckers who robbed them of a SC pick. redemption on down the line will be sweet.

I am trying to post something.....but I'm laughing tooas farkiskngfg hareaed.   LlslsoloLOlololl!!!!111111

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

52-48 just came in for filibuster.   I think the rules change vote is going on now.  Amazing times we are living in.  

The Dems started it when they eliminated the filibuster for lower court appointees, no surprise this happened today and it's double edged sword so it is what it is. 

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The Dems started it when they eliminated the filibuster for lower court appointees, no surprise this happened today and it's double edged sword so it is what it is. 

Too bad you have me on ignore.  Now you can't see that I actually agree with you here.  Oh well......

:lmao: