*** OFFICIAL ONTARIO BOATING THREAD ***

Puzzleboy

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2016 at 7:06 AM, Tessie11 said:

Thanks for the information, just started looking, price point was why we were looking at Sparks.  Have not seen many non-currents on web sites, where are you seeing them?

Sparks are everything you need them to be and perfect for the family. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was just curious...watch it all the time.  Have become friends with the one host, Steven Bull..  Great guy.  The did a shoot down in my are to televised this season.  It was during a joint exercise with us (OPP), the pony soldiers (RCMP) and some fire guys.  He has his own 380 SeaRay..  2000 I believe which gets featured on the show often under the "My Boat" section in which they detail upgrades that can be done..   One of the very few Canadian shows I enjoy. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked up a couple from PA.  Can't go wrong for the price on a 25 footer.  Plus, my buds always complain about my Titanic 3/4" ropes when we tie up...... :) 

Ropes.jpeg

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Just picked up a couple.  Can't go wrong for the price on a 25 footer.  Plus, my buds always complain about my Titanic 3/4" ropes when we tie up...... :) 

Ropes.jpeg

Where was this Puzzler?

• 1 month later...

Did some work on my buddy's 360 yesterday.  Underwater lights, couple gelcoat repairs, trim sender.....

A lot easier when that 20,000 lb bastard is suspended above the water.  :)

360.jpg

360 2.jpg

• Like 2

Did you ever pick up a new boat, Sean?  My buddy said that the marina that sold him this one, says he's getting bidding wars on stuff in stock (prices are up).  No doubt due to low financing rates. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Did you ever pick up a new boat, Sean?  My buddy said that the marina that sold him this one, says he's getting bidding wars on stuff in stock (prices are up).  No doubt due to low financing rates. 

Going to look at an Alegria in a couple weeks.  Spent a day or two figuring out what we want/need now and into the future.  She wants to do the Great loop as retirement and wants to spend a lot of time aboard and traveling the Trent and Rideau systems.   All of which is perfect to for me!!  However that necessitated stepping up to a different size and class.  Would still love a Boca Grande but just wouldn't fulfill the requirements...  Sooooooo bring on the Alegria!!!

• Like 1

2 slips over from my buddy's 360, is an Alegria.  The mooring cleats on it look like massive machined stainless.  Sea-Doo lift on the platform. 

Quite the machine.  Big hardtop. Nice real second bedroom too, which the 360 does not have. 

Big drop in speed from the 360 though (10,000 lbs heavier).  Fortunately lots of comfy places to sit at any speed.  :)

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

2 slips over from my buddy's 360, is an Alegria.  The mooring cleats on it look like massive machined stainless.  Sea-Doo lift on the platform. 

Quite the machine.  Big hardtop. Nice real second bedroom too, which the 360 does not have. 

Big drop in speed from the 360 though (10,000 lbs heavier).  Fortunately lots of comfy places to sit at any speed.  :)

Yeah, will definitely miss the speed.  The fuel costs should be better though.  Hoping she looks as good in person as she does in the ads.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

38 Express, probably around 45 feet on the trailer.  (Extended swim platform, trailer tongue, etc.). 

All fast boats are money....... :)

OK. I guess...can you trailer it, I mean you would some big truck for that monster