*** OFFICIAL ONTARIO BOATING THREAD ***

Puzzleboy

We had a little mishap last weekend on Cameron.we were going for gas and ran onto the sandbar.a new prop and good to go again.yesterday we were out quite a ways and all of a sudden were in 2.9 ft of water.we found the sandbar we were actually looking for and all this time we thought it was closer to shore

Had a great day out on the St. Lawrence River in Brockville, Ontario, watching the 1000 Islands Poker run.

Watching MY Way  is the highlight of the summer while on the river.

Lots of other beautiful boats as well, but that one is absolutely gorgeous. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Had a great day out on the St. Lawrence River in Brockville, Ontario, watching the 1000 Islands Poker run.

Watching MY Way  is the highlight of the summer while on the river.

Lots of other beautiful boats as well, but that one is absolutely gorgeous. 

Was a great day out there!!  Always impressive just how fast and far ahead of the rest he is...   On the plus side.. everyone was pretty much in compliance.   

• 2 weeks later...

shameless plug here but I have started up a little side business. Designed and prototyped a suction cup mounted wake surf shaper, been selling a ton of these babies.

Basically it delays the convergence of the wakes so that your surf side wake can form as big as possible. Same concept that the brand new $200K+ wakeboard boats use.

Pretty pumped on how nice the CNC version came out. My first time designing in rhino.

highroller_shaper.jpg

Edited by Sedz

26 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I am sure the captain had his/her boater card with them.

Boaters card is a joke.... my wife went online to get hers. Admirably she didn't cheat or ask me for help but it's so easy to do. An open book test.

Just an example of how stupid the test is. that they want to know the name of these channel buoys. They don't want to know what they are telling you... just what they are called. So you can be out in your boat and know they are bifurcation buoys but not know what they mean but you pass the test.

Capture1.JPG

Edited by 02sled

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Boaters card is a joke.... my wife went online to get hers. Admirably she didn't cheat or ask me for help but it's so easy to do. An open book test.

Just an example of how stupid the test is. that they want to know the name of these channel buoys. They don't want to know what they are telling you... just what they are called. So you can be out in your boat and know they are bifurcation buoys but not know what they mean but you pass the test.

Capture1.JPG

I think my wife got a perfect score on the test as well.  So I give her the key to her Pontoon boat and of course she had no idea where it goes.

If you have ever watched Spongebob when he takes the boater written/practical test, that is her in a nutshell.

50 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I think my wife got a perfect score on the test as well.  So I give her the key to her Pontoon boat and of course she had no idea where it goes.

If you have ever watched Spongebob when he takes the boater written/practical test, that is her in a nutshell.

For many years my wife has been content to sit in the bow and soak up the sun.... In the past her job was to pull in the fenders and rehang them. I have since learned she has no idea what the blower is or how to turn it on or many others basic things or at least things I consider basic. She has been learning a lot this summer. How to turn the batteries on/off, the proper trim for the engine in different situations and she's actually getting quite good at docking.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

This may sound like a silly question; but is there a course available that offers some education to people interested in getting into the boating world?

Nothing mandatory, but something that would teach things like what trim to use in certain situations, docking etiquette, etc.  I'm not a boater, but if I were to get into it, I think I would benefit from something like that so I don't end up like that photo of the carver or the beached boat at Sauble.....

1 hour ago, ONTMXZ said:

This may sound like a silly question; but is there a course available that offers some education to people interested in getting into the boating world?

Nothing mandatory, but something that would teach things like what trim to use in certain situations, docking etiquette, etc.  I'm not a boater, but if I were to get into it, I think I would benefit from something like that so I don't end up like that photo of the carver or the beached boat at Sauble.....

One of the best courses available is Power Squadron. I believe it also gives you an exemption from doing the online Pleasure Craft Operators Card test. It's a very comprehensive course including navigation.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, smokin george said:

Pulled the boat out today and might do a nice day trip weather pending. Going to clean it up tomorrow

Hoping to do mine next week-end, George?

Been riding the gravy train the last few week-ends so I haven't had time. 

The summer went way too fast! 

13 minutes ago, irv said:

Hoping to do mine next week-end, George?

Been riding the gravy train the last few week-ends so I haven't had time. 

The summer went way too fast! 

I know what your saying about that work crap lol. I'm trying to clean the scum off the boat but looks like I'm going to have to buy a boat cleaner. We are still going to put it in the water for a couple day trips if the weather is good. Never really got to go full out on choppy Cameron and want to see the top end not that it's a speed demon.