*** OFFICIAL ONTARIO BOATING THREAD ***

Puzzleboy

12 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

haven't been on the water this year at all.  Well, just to load the toner onto the guys trailer that bought it

Me either.....Heading north Saturday for 5 days.  I will put the batteries in the boat, the two watercraft and the Penguin....Hopefully everything works without headache......but you know toys..

9 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Me either.....Heading north Saturday for 5 days.  I will put the batteries in the boat, the two watercraft and the Penguin....Hopefully everything works without headache......but you know toys..

Yup, when I put the jetskis in the water, one did not start, low battery.  Had to put it back on the trailer and drive it back to get it charged.  All good now, safe and sound at the dock.

:flush:

4 hours ago, Taillight said:

more carnage...

IMG_20160620_195344.jpg

Ouch! Atlas it looks like you are able to do the work yourself.

I finally got my boat out on the water for a real test after I had some setup issues testing along a shallow beach. Rebuilt the primary clutch,made a few rear suspension and side panel sealing changes and now the green submarine is working like a charm. Rolled the dice on a full run on the lake and shut up all the naysayers that doubted this cat will ever swim.

IMG_9463.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 2.18.37 PM.png

Edited by Sedz
  • Like 1

early supercharged seadoos had a an issue with shearing the flywheel bolts, dropping valves, supercharger  bearing or washer failures among other issues... I bought this one blown up for a summer fix it project. I have already fixed supercharger issued, hydro lock issues. now this type of failure, just need a dropped valve for the cycle

Edited by Taillight

Yep, ceramic washer mod is a must.  I'm guessing you have a 2005, but I'm surprised nobody updated those bolts.  She's been run hard. :)  Hope you got 'er cheap. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

8 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Nice boat Kragar!  What is she, specs, etc.?  Friends of mine just bought a Doral 360 SE.  Going up Friday to check it out. 

330 Searay with custom 6ft swimplatform.

The Doral 360 will be our next boat with Bravo 3s as soon as they come down under a 100

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

They got theirs for well under $100,000..... there are deals out there. 

What actual speeds do you see with the SeaRay..... and what engines are in it? 

7.4 mpis.  Have no idea on top speed.  I cruise at 28mph at about 3400rpm.  I have my eye on a 360 that is going to go cheap but has v drives as well.  Want to gwet into a 2003 or newer and they are still more than what I want to spend.  I still pay cash for my toys so need to save for another year.

On July 4, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Hawkestone (Lake Simcoe) last weekend.  Nice Skater with outboards. 

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

If i had the money to drop on a boat like that I would go outboard motors, no question...so much cooler.

If anyone is wanting to look at boats this weekend there are two options. Gravenhurst wharf has the classic boats (gotta love those old wood boats) and Midland Town Docks have the performance power boats doing a run on Georgian Bay in support of the local hospital. They will be at the dock Friday night and Saturday morning before they head off to San Souci and other destinations.

One of the people on our lake is apparently taking his centre console with 3, 300 hp outboards out for the run.

Finally got around to taking my bud's boat for a spin. I only took it to 60 mph as he has his daughter in the boat with us. It's a 100+ mph boat so hoping to do a solo run sometime this summer to see if I got the nerve to take it that far?

Currently trying to sell this gem. (Don't ask about the paint, my SIL painted it!)  It was given to my son last year for his birthday but the boat leaks at the front and I am not trusting the engine for him being out on the lake by himself at times. I have received a few offers and someone is suppose to be coming from Orillia today to look at/purchase it supposedly? I have also received offer just for the engine so hopefully it goes this week-end before we head back up to the trailer? I am asking $500 O.B.O . for the boat and motor minus the trailer, which is not mine.

pete 5.JPG

WP_20150729_19_43_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20160708_15_16_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20160708_15_16_21_Pro.jpg

1 hour ago, irv said:

Finally got around to taking my bud's boat for a spin. I only took it to 60 mph as he has his daughter in the boat with us. It's a 100+ mph boat so hoping to do a solo run sometime this summer to see if I got the nerve to take it that far?

Currently trying to sell this gem. (Don't ask about the paint, my SIL painted it!)  It was given to my son last year for his birthday but the boat leaks at the front and I am not trusting the engine for him being out on the lake by himself at times. I have received a few offers and someone is suppose to be coming from Orillia today to look at/purchase it supposedly? I have also received offer just for the engine so hopefully it goes this week-end before we head back up to the trailer? I am asking $500 O.B.O . for the boat and motor minus the trailer, which is not mine.

pete 5.JPG

WP_20150729_19_43_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20160708_15_16_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20160708_15_16_21_Pro.jpg

Do it early in the morning before others are on the water.  Won't take much to flip that.

You let the SIL do that?  Lol.