*** OFFICIAL ONTARIO BOATING THREAD ***

Puzzleboy

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, Puzzleboy said:

2 slips over from my buddy's 360, is an Alegria.  The mooring cleats on it look like massive machined stainless.  Sea-Doo lift on the platform. 

Quite the machine.  Big hardtop. Nice real second bedroom too, which the 360 does not have. 

Big drop in speed from the 360 though (10,000 lbs heavier).  Fortunately lots of comfy places to sit at any speed.  :)

You weren't kidding about those cleats!!  Jeezus, they're HUGE!!!  Actually, everything about that boat is massive and solid....and gorgeous!!!  There is one pic we took and I'm standing at the stern.  It absolutely dwarfs me!!  Now begins the "should we/shouldn't we" phase...  leaning towards the we should side... Pending survey and sea trial of course.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The wife and I drove into Fenelon to pick up some stuff and stopped at the lock for a bit. There's some nice big cruisers going thru and others that are parked there. Wife said that would nice to have when we retire. I said we couldn't afford the fuel on the government welfare that we"'ll get lol

3 hours ago, smokin george said:

The wife and I drove into Fenelon to pick up some stuff and stopped at the lock for a bit. There's some nice big cruisers going thru and others that are parked there. Wife said that would nice to have when we retire. I said we couldn't afford the fuel on the government welfare that we"'ll get lol

Greeks don't retire .......

you have to keep the heritage of old Greek guys asking woman 

" Uu vant to goo on my booat "

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, StevieWonder said:

Had one very similar...  a 1990.  Great boat!!  Fast and agile and still good fuel economy.  Had twin OMC King Cobras  4.3L. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

She does the job.  Here's a couple pics of the soggy Baja..... :) 

There should be lots of boats for sale soon I'd imagine..... challenging summer.  Saw some nice stuff at DoubleR last week...

FS.jpg

TO island.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:57 PM, Renegade X said:

Looks like a nice boat puzzle. Post a pic of the whole thing.

Anyone know where a decent STV charger or Euro is for sale?  Kickin around the idea of buying one again now that I sold all my water toys off.

There was an STV Charger on KIJIJI Brockville for sale a few weeks ago.

It is in mint shape, and the old owner has had it since new. Asking 16K

I have drove that boat, at over 90 MPH. Not for the faint of heart. 

Let me know if you cann,t find the link, and I,ll get you a phone number.

6 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

She does the job.  Here's a couple pics of the soggy Baja..... :) 

There should be lots of boats for sale soon I'd imagine..... challenging summer.  Saw some nice stuff at DoubleR last week...

FS.jpg

TO island.jpg

I can hear it squish from here...................

JK . I love that 28 Eliminator that Double R has. Great lake boat.

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

There was an STV Charger on KIJIJI Brockville for sale a few weeks ago.

It is in mint shape, and the old owner has had it since new. Asking 16K

I have drove that boat, at over 90 MPH. Not for the faint of heart. 

Let me know if you cann,t find the link, and I,ll get you a phone number.

Thanks I saw that. Old guy driving it in the pic right?   I'm catching a lot of flack for buying non kid friendly toys, thinking now maybe get a cruiser instead..lol.  Some nice boats out there for not bad money.  1999 Sea Ray Sundancer for 35 k seems pretty good to me.  

Nice boat Puzzler.  That have a 496 in it? I was in a sweet 38 fountain last weekend doing 94 mph across the lake..Bad ass

Yup, that is the one. Probably safer to stay away from that one. Kinda useless in any body of water that has more than a one foot wave.

It sits very low in the water and could easily get swamped if you are not constantly watching for waves.

Sometimes you just got to listen to the smarter half. LOL

A week or so ago someone ran their boat aground (sinking it) in Lovesick approaching the Burleigh Falls locks. In all my years here that is a 1st. For the T/S regulars how have things been thru the locks w/ the waived lock fees?

Edited by revrnd

18 hours ago, revrnd said:

A week or so ago someone ran their boat aground (sinking it) in Lovesick approaching the Burleigh Falls locks. In all my years here that is a 1st. For the T/S regulars how have things been thru the locks w/ the waived lock fees?

There are plenty of boats going thru the locks and so far it's been painless. For a newbie I'm getting the hang of it and yesterday we went thru the Kirkfield lock to check it out.It was pretty impressive. 

18 hours ago, revrnd said:

According to the lock master at #18, the numbers are down this year due to weather. However the number of Americans using the system is up!

8 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

According to the lock master at #18, the numbers are down this year due to weather. However the number of Americans using the system is up!

The weather has been the shits. We have only been out about six times so far and there are plenty of big cruisers from the US going thru. We try to get out on Fridays for the most part and not as much eye candy out there lol. 

X3 on the Americas. I was cycling by Lock 20 last week and there was a Carver from Chicago in the lock. I was talking to a woman on it and they were on the home stretch. Heading to Georgian Bay & the North Channel. Hoping to be home in Oct'. They had gone down the Miss' & up the coast thru the Intracoastal Waterway.

We saw a sailboat from Fla yesterday and have seen a a big Carver from Colorado last wknd. There was a 30ft Cobalt in front of us at the locks yesterday at Kirkfield and my buddy says what's that thing worth. I said by the sound of it ( pretty cool rumble) l said lots lol. I did manage to keep up to him for the 10kms up the canal considering it's a no wake zone lol. I figure were not keeping up to him on open water with the old boat but ran across Balsam with the Speedo showing 40mph at 4K with four of us in the boat.