Dandelions

Taillight

Aside from a little state side visit, a little bit of manual work.....pull them. 

Wait for the little buggers to die off before you cut the lawn, if possible, helps prevent spreading them. 

2 hours ago, Stud boy said:

There must be a black market for the good weed killer. 

We get some ridiculously crazy fuckin weed killer from our farmer neighbor.  Can't buy that shit anywhere.  But he has nothing for dandelions, seeing as how it's mixed in with the grass . You'll end up killing everything lol. We just use it on the driveway and sidewalk.  It seems all the good weed killers you buy up here have homoed out. Everything is earth friendly now .

3 hours ago, xcr700 said:

We get some ridiculously crazy fuckin weed killer from our farmer neighbor.  Can't buy that shit anywhere.  But he has nothing for dandelions, seeing as how it's mixed in with the grass . You'll end up killing everything lol. We just use it on the driveway and sidewalk.  It seems all the good weed killers you buy up here have homoed out. Everything is earth friendly now .

You need 24d,  you are getting round up now,  24d will not kill grass,

• Like 1

You can also buy it on ebay from guys out in the prairies.. It's pricey but when you factor in your free time and travel costs, some times it's worth it.  A 1 liter bottle will last for years depending on the size of your lawn.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xkillex.TRS0&_nkw=killex&_sacat=0

34 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Why?

I order from EBay all the time. 

me to, but this product is not for sale in Ontario. I don't need to go to jail. my sphincter is tight and I want to keep it that way

I guess your only option is to go pull them by hand. Actually if you don't care about toxins in your soil any solvent such as varsol, mineral spirits or used gas in a spray bottle does a good job of killing weeds.

5 hours ago, rjd75 said:

You can also buy it on ebay from guys out in the prairies.. It's pricey but when you factor in your free time and travel costs, some times it's worth it.  A 1 liter bottle will last for years depending on the size of your lawn.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xkillex.TRS0&_nkw=killex&_sacat=0

That stuff kind of works, but it's the dumbed down version for urbanites.  Par 3 is the good stuff, but you are supposed to be a farmer to buy it.  When we get it here, you have to supply a land location.  

On 5/22/2016 at 8:36 AM, Taillight said:

How do you get rid of them, any one have any industrial killer?

Get some 2-4-D.  It kills all broad-leafs very well and won't harm your grass at all.  If you don't have it in Canada, head into Michigan if your close to the border and pick some up at a TSC (Tractor Supply) store.  :bc: