2017 Real World Sled of the Year, and RAD award

Puzzleboy

No issues with the 850, BEST rear suspension in the business......

Good to see that SnowTrax reports honestly. 

The Polaris butthurt will be immense after this one....... I guess the ice oval handlebar hook just wasn't enough this year.  :lmao:

Edited by Puzzleboy

Can't remember back that far. 

But they have to give it to Polaris every now and then, despite their misgivings, or Polaris will take their ball and go home. 

If the competition builds something class leading, develops some radically new technology, and is worthy of such acclaim, by all means, give it to them.  But the fact remains, simply copying what Ski-Doo does, will not get you there. 

Edited by Puzzleboy

Just about got beaten?  :lmao:  "Hey, we would have won that...... if we hadn't lost..... "  Then there's the RAD award, which considers all manufacturers and models.  Poo has nothing new.  I do like their new models though, and for the money, they're a good value. 

It was a real world sled comparison.   And on the Doo side, it wasn't an 850 XRS, either.  Which is available next year. 

The fact that they had no 850 issues, is quite telling (contrary to the same 4 photos that keep surfacing of 850 issues).  And those guys can ride, even if they are a tad illiterate. :)

Edited by Puzzleboy

5 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Just about got beaten?  :lmao:  "Hey, we would have won that...... if we hadn't lost..... "  Then there's the RAD award, which considers all manufacturers and models.  Poo has nothing new. 

It was a real world sled comparison.   And on the Doo side, it wasn't an 850 XRS, either.  Which is available next year. 

Unless your ears are glued on? yes, it just beat it.  Poo got 8 categories and Doo got 9

4 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

How do you like the machine?  They look pretty cool.  Is it really as good on trail as they say? 

Funnest sled I've had to date.  It is honestly very good on the trail.  You do get more of a push in the corners but that's to be expected with the longer track

30 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Funnest sled I've had to date.  It is honestly very good on the trail.  You do get more of a push in the corners but that's to be expected with the longer track

Pussy :news:

Yes, of course.  Is it a tall lug track also?

57 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Trail riding at 70 mph?

And what were the categories for this test?

I'm getting tired of hearing the Yamaha still needs skis. Must be more then 10 yrs now

Not one blown belt on the 850? After all those hard test miles........

Personally found it very distracting to watch the video with all the unnecessary........... hand jestures. 

In the end same as always...... Lots of talk with nothing really said.......

I will just have to wait impatiently for the Official Snow Goer test results.......

• Like 4

I don't know what's up with the SW skis.... but apparently everybody put Doo skis on to make them work. 

I agree, watching the Lesters, is always a bit painful to the ears......

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tinker said:

So their favorite Polaris has a tunnel... interesting

It's not the tunnel, it's the tresspassibility. Lester's have been gushing over that segment for years, suprised they picked an MXZ for their Doo ride..

I was sitting at home last night thinking about this thread and the praising puzz is doing for snowtrax.  I seem to remember the same guys talking about the 1200 and how heavy it was, throttle lag and that it was basically just a family sled.  I think the OP said snowtrax was crap.  Also, a member here (correct me if I'm wrong) is on his third 850 motor now as well.

:news:

:D

Edited by 04nightfire
  • Like 1