Time to get the bikes out...

Boered

Soon!!!  A couple seasons ago got rid of my Ninja ZX10-R and admitted defeat to old age and injuries by picking up a 1500 Nomad. (no longer has chrome luggage rack on it)

.facebook_1490801838110.thumb.jpg.73e818ba7be906a30c3be4e39bbe531f.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Hey Odot, what is the height law with handle bars? 14" from the lowest part of the seat or something?

From Ontario Regulation 611  https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/900611

(3) The steering column, other steering components and the handlebars shall be inspected and tested and,

(a) the steering column, other steering components and handlebars shall not be loose in their mountings to the body and frame;

(b) no bolt or nut shall be loose or missing from a mounting;

(c) steering shaft couplings and splines shall not have excessive play;

(d) if fitted, the steering column energy absorbing section shall not be visibly damaged so as to reduce its effectiveness; and

(e) no part of the handlebar shall exceed a height of 380 millimetres above the uppermost portion of the operator’s seat when the seat is depressed by the weight of the operator.

380mm = 14.96 inches... So yes, you were pretty much bang on!

3 minutes ago, odot1 said:

From Ontario Regulation 611  https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/900611

(3) The steering column, other steering components and the handlebars shall be inspected and tested and,

(a) the steering column, other steering components and handlebars shall not be loose in their mountings to the body and frame;

(b) no bolt or nut shall be loose or missing from a mounting;

(c) steering shaft couplings and splines shall not have excessive play;

(d) if fitted, the steering column energy absorbing section shall not be visibly damaged so as to reduce its effectiveness; and

(e) no part of the handlebar shall exceed a height of 380 millimetres above the uppermost portion of the operator’s seat when the seat is depressed by the weight of the operator.

380mm = 14.96 inches... So yes, you were pretty much bang on!

Sweet, thanks Sean!

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Plenty of bikes running here around the last few days.

Had my son's R6 in for a quick tune up last week. I'm pushing him to sell it, hasn't moved in 2 years.

Not that my bikes move a whole lot more but...........lol

Still have my Harley and Katana....

58dc5f640bce7_2009ElectraglideAvatar.jpg.c71822be50cdefd05d3682073daabb1f.jpg

58dc5f71ee348_AV-Katana026.jpg.13b6312d868b7b01f57986c0681d1037.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

My buddy has the same old Kat, Tim.  He's a Zuk nut...... has a few GS1100s, etc. 

Thinking about selling it but a love it. Haven't ridden it in 6 years now.

I've been debating for a while and finally decided to put a bike on the road this summer. I went to my brothers and the old 1978 Honda CBX 1000 fired up right away. There's very little to do to get it on the road for the summer.  Years ago one of my favourite roads to ride was Muskoka Rd 38 from the 400 to Bala. Looking forward to riding around cottage country once again.

It will be my contribution to climate change.

Edited by 02sled
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I've been debating for a while and finally decided to put a bike on the road this summer. I went to my brothers and the old 1978 Honda CBX 1000 fired up right away. There's very little to do to get it on the road for the summer.  Years ago one of my favourite roads to ride was Muskoka Rd 38 from the 400 to Bala. Looking forward to riding around cottage country once again.

It will be my contribution to climate change.

That would be the only interest for me in riding a bike is along the cottage country roads.  

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That would be the only interest for me in riding a bike is along the cottage country roads.  

I'm not interested in riding in Toronto... too many damn idiots on the road these days. I know there's a bunch of people in the Port Severn area that go out for mid week rides and anticipate joining them. None of them are crotch rockets. One person tells me there are now more people on his road with bikes than without.

34 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I'm not interested in riding in Toronto... too many damn idiots on the road these days. I know there's a bunch of people in the Port Severn area that go out for mid week rides and anticipate joining them. None of them are crotch rockets. One person tells me there are now more people on his road with bikes than without.

Somehow I just don't see you as a crotch rocket.  Lol.

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Somehow I just don't see you as a crotch rocket.  Lol.

You're right however in the Honda CBX 1000 is no slouch in the speed department. It's a 6 cylinder engine and in 78 was the fastest production bike made.

Capture1.JPG.87cd0ce9364577e5391e850b7cd4dbec.JPG.