20 Years Ago Today 'The Brawl in Hockeytown''

I was standing in front of the projector at the Sawmill Inn waiting for my GF to get off work when that fight happened. The whole bar from end to end stopped and watched. It was fucking awesome !!!1111

Not sure if any of you ever played but that shit in the scrums and little "man holding" contests on the ice are hilarious.  Can't really fight in "beer leagues" or school hockey without getting tossed but I sure loved the shit talking part.  I think I was pretty good at it too. :lol:

Hockey players are the best fucking shit talking agitators in the world. :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not sure if any of you ever played but that shit in the scrums and little "man holding" contests on the ice are hilarious.  Can't really fight in "beer leagues" or school hockey without getting tossed but I sure loved the shit talking part.  I think I was pretty good at it too. :lol:

Hockey players are the best fucking shit talking agitators in the world. :lol:

While some of that is funny most of the disphits sound like retards....damn. :lol:

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

While some of that is funny most of the disphits sound like retards....damn. :lol:

That's what makes it so funny to me.  Hint: the ones that are less clever are the ones that just want to drop'em and go.  They aren't being paid for their word wizardry, :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's what makes it so funny to me.  Hint: the ones that are less clever are the ones that just want to drop'em and go.  They aren't being paid for their word wizardry, :lol:

And then there is Johan "The Mule" Franzen pinching guys....WTF. :lol:

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

And then there is Johan "The Mule" Franzen pinching guys....WTF. :lol:

It's all he has. :lol:

There are some really funny moments out there that somebody just gets treated like a bitch.  This was one of my favorites from last year.

1 hour ago, Dave said:

One of the best rivalrys ever.

Yup!   People around here were going nuts.  Bars were packed with fans, cars & trucks had wings swag  all over them, our local radio hosts were starting all kinds of shit with avalanche fans.

Lifelong Blackhawks fan here...Born in 59...Started listening to Lloyd Petit announce games on the radio in 1963...I.M.O. it's a better game today without the fights...These kids today can FLY and the puck handling and passing has never been better...(Well maybe the Gretzky era Oilers)  When they opened up the 2 line pass rule it became a better show... 

All the guys who have never played the game with an edge always feel the game is better without the fighting .it was often the fighters presence that made room for the playmaker . 

1 minute ago, Pt3189 said:

All the guys who have never played the game with an edge always feel the game is better without the fighting .it was often the fighters presence that made room for the playmaker . 

It came to the point where the goons were becoming a detriment to the flow of a good fast moving game, and the truth of the matter is that a lot of them goons ended up punch drunk.

14 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It came to the point where the goons were becoming a detriment to the flow of a good fast moving game, and the truth of the matter is that a lot of them goons ended up punch drunk.

Ohh fuck.  You don't know shit about hockey either!  FUCK ME!

This shit is NOT real hockey anymore.  It's a skills exhibition.

".....a detriment to the flow of a good fast moving game."

Fucking faggot.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ohh fuck.  You don't know shit about hockey either!  FUCK ME!

This shit is NOT real hockey anymore.  It's a skills exhibition.

".....a detriment to the flow of a good fast moving game."

Fucking faggot.

Typical blackhawks fan :lol: not happy unless the game is 8-5

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  Hockey IQ=potato.

:wall:

well when the only part of the game you understand is "molly dagger" then you cant be bothered with any of the finer point of the game :lol: