Textron

Just read a piece on the Arctic cat acquisition. Looks like they plan to breathe new life into the failing company which is a good thing for the sport. Maybe they will start making some good sleds again.... 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Aside from cat pushing the turbo program lately they could disappear and it wouldnt hurt the sport a bit. Yamaha too for that matter.

I don't think having only 2 manufacturers is good for the sport. I don't think Yamaha is very relevant anymore except as a resource for cat. But I would like to see them all remain players. 

Just now, Anler said:

I don't think having only 2 manufacturers is good for the sport. I don't think Yamaha is very relevant anymore except as a resource for cat. But I would like to see them all remain players. 

For sure, but its not gonna happen. The sport is pricing people out every year , winters are shit and Cat cant compete. Yamaha gave up a long time ago

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

They ran Polaris into the ground when they owned them, I suspect the same will happen to Cat, hope not as it would be terrible for snowmobiling if Cat went out.

The folks in TRF are pretty excited about the Textron deal, and did Textron really run the Polaris into the ground? They bought Poo in 1968 and sold in 1981 when the economy and the whole sled industry was reeling, if I'm not mistaken Polaris came out with many innovative sleds during the Textron years such as the TXL and RXL sleds, and who can forget the great Fuji partnership.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

For sure, but its not gonna happen. The sport is pricing people out every year , winters are shit and Cat cant compete. Yamaha gave up a long time ago

Odd how Cat has developed (2) very reliable low emission two strokes recently, just brought to market a 3/4 sized sled, and there are some exciting things happening in the SxS business :news: 

The Textron buyout should be very good for Cat and the many people who are employed by Cat in Minnesota and elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Can't wait to see Vince on a skidoo! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Odd how Cat has developed (2) very reliable low emission two strokes recently, just brought to market a 3/4 sized sled, and there are some exciting things happening in the SxS business :news: 

The Textron buyout should be very good for Cat and the many people who are employed by Cat in Minnesota and elsewhere.

the ctec's are underperforming and old tech already.....the chassis is poor and the only thing remotely exciting about a cat would be the 998. I wish it werent the case but it is

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

the ctec's are underperforming and old tech already.....the chassis is poor and the only thing remotely exciting about a cat would be the 998. I wish it werent the case but it is

Whatever you say :lol::lol: 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I would hope Vince would choose Polaris 

Nah he'll probably buy a half dozen or so cats so he can keep riding them well after cat goes under. And a spare everything for each sled. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Nah he'll probably buy a half dozen or so cats so he can keep riding them well after cat goes under. And a spare everything for each sled. :lol:

Why not just buy one skidoo or polaris and leave it sit in the garage all winter or fuck with it and put a shiity head on so it's ill preforming or just take it out for a spin and cobble it into the pickers? :dunno:

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

Why not just buy one skidoo or polaris and leave it sit in the garage all winter or fuck with it and put a shiity head on so it's ill preforming or just take it out for a spin and cobble it into the pickers? :dunno:

I probably rode more miles than you and my sled performed wonderfully all year ....what else you got

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Already ordered a 2018 8000, just deciding if it's going to be a 137 Limited or a 137 El Tigre, dropping the trade off this Thursday.

Nice , I love the 137 length. I'd go that route.

13 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Already ordered a 2018 8000, just deciding if it's going to be a 137 Limited or a 137 El Tigre, dropping the trade off this Thursday.

Don't let Pierre bend your ear. Limited...