The other side

ELMIRA — The owner of Larry’s Seven-Ski Inn in Elmira is facing a felony charge after approaching Michigan State Police troopers during a traffic stop March 17, an incident that ended with Sevenski being injured and spending multiple days in the hospital.

James Rossiter, Antrim County prosecuting attorney, authorized a felony charge against Sevenski, 83, according to the Traverse City Record-Eagle, which cited 86th District Court documents.

Sevenski is being charged with resisting and obstructing arrest, a felony punishable with up to two years in prison, the Record-Eagle said.

Rossiter said Sevenski’s arraignment is set for Wednesday, March 29. The hearing had previously been set for Monday, April 3.

Sevenski was injured following an altercation with troopers. On its Facebook page, the Michigan State Police Gaylord post responded to an inquiry about the incident.

“On Friday, March 17, at approximately 10:40 p.m., two troopers from the Michigan State Police Gaylord Post conducted a traffic stop for a traffic violation in the area of Thumm Road near US-131 in (Antrim County's) Warner Township,” reads the MSP response. “Upon stopping, the male driver exited the vehicle and became aggressive toward the troopers. The troopers subdued the driver, which caused him to sustain injuries, for which they sought medical attention for him.”

Cecilia Smith, Sevenski's sister, said her brother was hosting a St. Patrick’s Day party Friday night at his bar.

“And someone came in from the road and said that the cops were surveilling the parking lot,” Smith said.

She said Sevenski got in his vehicle, drove to where the police were, took a U-turn and was pulled over by troopers.

“He exited the vehicle which he shouldn’t have, he knows that now,” Smith said.

She said Sevenski walked toward the trooper and was told multiple times to return to his vehicle, but Smith said Sevenski continued to try and question the trooper about the police patrolling at the business.

“He said ‘I just want to ask you a question.’ The officer said ‘Get back in your car, sir,’” Smith said. “The officer said ‘Sir, do you have any weapons?’ He said ‘I wish I did,’ and that’s when they took Larry to the ground.”

Sevenski said when troopers put his arms behind his back and put him to the ground, his arm and elbow were broken and Smith said his nose was also broken when his glasses cracked his nose.

Sevenski said troopers did not believe his arm was broken until emergency responders arrived and assessed his condition.

He was taken to McLaren Northern Michigan hospital in Petoskey for the injuries and remained there until Tuesday night.

“They (doctors) had to take and clean up the break to get the (bone) splinters out of it before they could sew it back up. They had to reconstruct it,” Sevenski said.

Sevenski said part of the damage came because he has a shoulder condition known as a reverse shoulder.

Smith said after recovery, her brother is expected to turn himself over to the Antrim County Jail.

The MSP Gaylord Post declined to comment on the case, citing the ongoing investigation.

I think I'll just wait for the trial and see what REALLY happened. I think that's fair.

Just now, Anler said:

Cops are notorious liars. Their ass is in a pickle so they are gonna spin. 

Funny how this is in NO WAY CLOSE TO WHAT IS PRESENTED... huh?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Cops are notorious liars. Their ass is in a pickle so they are gonna spin. 

they are trying to intimidate him into letting it go and not suing their ass .....he is gonna get paid big time 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Snake said:

Is your poor little narrative stuck inside your ass now?

Gaylord... :lol:

Not sure what that means and what is wrong with Gaylord? I don't live there but not a bad place to visit.

Just now, Snake said:

Funny how this is in NO WAY CLOSE TO WHAT IS PRESENTED... huh?

None of us were there. We all know Larry confronted the officers. What happened there is whose word are you going to believe. Notice they charged him with a felony? Thats how they intimidate you. they charged him with a felony for walking towards them and asking if he could ask them a question. A felony. 

Just now, f7ben said:

Obviously Larry was resisting when it took his arm a moment or two to snap instead of it listening to commands immediately 

The arm resisted breaking for 2 seconds. After 2 seconds thats legal resistance!

Just now, Snake said:

Awful lot of new excuses arising here... what happened to all the 'truth' in the other thread? :lol:

I dont believe a word of the cocksucking cops story. They were cocksuckers the second they decided to bird dog that bar. 

Just now, Anler said:

I dont believe a word of the cocksucking cops story. They were cocksuckers the second they decided to bird dog that bar. 

STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLE!!!!!

Just now, hwytohell said:

Gubermint  trough feeders have a playbook  for every question of overreach.

snake isnt a trough feeder anymore ....unless he is spending his wifes paycheck ....then I guess he is