Two armed civilians stop drug related gunfight at Augusta, ME Wal-Mart

AUGUSTA — Four people were arrested Sunday following an apparent drug-related incident in which police said two suspects fired guns at each other during a dispute in the parking Wal-Mart.

There were possibly two other people involved who had not been detained and police were still investigating Monday.

Charged in connection with the incident were:

• Kwiesha “Reggie” McBride of Harlem, New York, charged with reckless conduct with a firearm, Class C, and aggravated trafficking in drugs (heroin), Class B. His bail was set at $50,000.

• Frankie Dejesus of Rochester, New York, charged with reckless conduct with a firearm, Class C, and aggravated assault, Class B. His bail was set at $25,000.

• Diana Davis of Rochester, New York, charged with aggravated assault, Class B. Her bail was set at $5,000.

• Samantha Tupper, of Augusta, charged with probation violation and furnishing drugs (heroin), Class B. She was held without bail.

In a media briefing Sunday evening, Augusta police Sgt. Christian Behr said the shooting broke out between people in two cars parked beside each other at the Wal-Mart parking lot. Police received several 911 calls of shots fired around 5:24 p.m., and witnesses called police with vehicle and people descriptions, he said.

Shots were fired between both vehicles by a pair of the suspects and then one suspect emerged from one car and confronted people in the other car, Behr said.

The altercation was interrupted by two armed civilians who had been watching the dispute unfold, he said.

No one was injured during the shooting, police said, although a blood trail and shell casings could be seen at the parking lot scene. Crime scene tape blocked off an area around a silver Volkswagen Passat with its doors open Sunday night.

All the suspects all refused any medical assistance, Behr said.

After the shooting, Behr said apparently the people in the vehicles knew each other and later Sunday said that heroin was involved.

Augusta police said on its Facebook page Sunday night that one female who was involved in the incident may have fled the area and that police dogs were tracking the suspect. At a Sunday night news conference, police said there were reports of six people total being involved and they were still investigating.

Officers from the Augusta Police Department, the Maine State Police and the Kennebec County Sheriff’s Office participated in the search for possible fifth suspect Sunday along Civic Center Drive and into the woods east of there.

In addition to the state police and Kennebec County Sheriff’s Office, the Hallowell, Winthrop, and Capitol police departments also assisted.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2016/06/26/report-of-shots-fired-at-augusta-wal-mart/

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Of course 2 of them are from the city 15 mins from me...but least they are taking their chit out of town.

The Roc has a rough element!

1 hour ago, Snake said:

You'd cower.

As a gun owner I would not intervene when 2 cars are shooting at each other. Let see how this pans out but I would almost guarantee the good Samaritans got shot as well as the drug dealers. If they had not intervened maybe the drug dealers would have killed each other.....BONUS.,

Now you go in with guns blazin

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

No he has no clue. Get rid of the demand. Hes a dumbass and blames the outsiders for his in state problems.

Yeah the entire rest of the country is doing so well getting rid of the demand too. :lol:

Lepage is spot on and thankfully those carrying weapons were able to break up the altercation. Where's all the big increases in firearm deaths since Maine passed the constitutional carry law? :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

As a gun owner I would not intervene when 2 cars are shooting at each other. Let see how this pans out but I would almost guarantee the good Samaritans got shot as well as the drug dealers. If they had not intervened maybe the drug dealers would have killed each other.....BONUS.,

Now you go in with guns blazin

You don't have clue 1 what even happened Noah.

5 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

Of course 2 of them are from the city 15 mins from me...but least they are taking their chit out of town.

and the names sound familiar from local police beats too

7 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

buy "the rag" every week to see which low lifes  made the headscratchers list LOL

That paper is something..I really like Ron and the insurance guy too.

Matter of fact that paper helped us get Jaydin back for good..his dad got busted for heroin and that's how I found out. He had him back because he did rehab and all that..but fawked up like 18 months later and it was in the times.

Man Rich if you really knew what I went through with that whole deal..fawk me.

Edited by Capt.Storm

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:46 PM, Capt.Storm said:

That paper is something..I really like Ron and the insurance guy too.

Matter of fact that paper helped us get Jaydin back for good..his dad got busted for heroin and that's how I found out. He had him back because he did rehab and all that..but fawked up like 18 months later and it was in the times.

Man Rich if you really knew what I went through with that whole deal..fawk me.

ur ex used to live across the street from me in clyde for awhile we had quite the entertainment from that crew

12 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

ur ex used to live across the street from me in clyde for awhile we had quite the entertainment from that crew

Wow -small world!

They bought a house in Sodus just a few miles from 104 ..S.Geneva rd.

1 hour ago, Capt.Storm said:

Then my granddaughter and her drug dealing boyfriend moved in there till it was sold.

he was just as bad, the judge ended up telling them they had to move, sold shortly after they moved. we almost threw a block party

15 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

he was just as bad, the judge ended up telling them they had to move, sold shortly after they moved. we almost threw a block party

I'm so glad Jaydin rarely sees that crew.

although Diana gets him the first weekend of every month.

I know for a fact he he gets cig's pot and booze while he's there and there aint chit i can do about it..court ordered visits.

Edited by Capt.Storm