BREAKING NEWS: Source: House GOP leaders delay vote on health care repeal bill, in setback for President Trump and Speaker Ryan. Story to come...

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

like I said, it all depends on a lot of things. hospitals only take payment plans, or give some people breaks, because they have other services where they make coin. if everyone got those things they'd be in trouble. besides, do you think someone can afford to set up a $1M payment plan with a hospital? :lol:

Look at what we as US citizens pay per v/s other countries.

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Medicare for all Americans....just fuckin do it.

Yeah, post up a plan that will work.   Post up a plan that answers what to do with all the private business that the govt has to buy out.

Medicare for all doesn't work if the govt doesn't take over the hospitals and clinics too, most of the cost comes from there.   Good luck with that.

I love how people spout off do this....do that and have no idea what they are actually talking about.

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Yeah, post up a plan that will work.   Post up a plan that answers what to do with all the private business that the govt has to buy out.

Medicare for all doesn't work if the govt doesn't take over the hospitals and clinics too, most of the cost comes from there.   Good luck with that.

I love how people spout off do this....do that and have no idea what they are actually talking about.

I said medicare for all. Seems when Medicare started the US didnt "Buy out" and hospitals.

Just keep thinking like you do because a sicker America is a better America.

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

$1,800.00 a month is reasonable for a family plan.

Hey why don't you tip Ben and the rest of us off on what your health plan is and who it's with so we can see if we can find some savings.

Its like 3 times more than the average of countries with much better plans.:lol:

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I said medicare for all. Seems when Medicare started the US didnt "Buy out" and hospitals.

Just keep thinking like you do because a sicker America is a better America.

Yeah and lots of places don't want to take medicare patients because they can't make any money.  Its called a Non-Participating Provider.   

I'm a realist MC.   I see where in my business my largest costs comes from.  Materials and Labor.  Same goes with healthcare.   HCI is an extremely small part of the overall costs.   Profits average 10% or less and they more than make up with that dealing with fraud as they have an incentive to fight it.   Medicare has been proven to be less efficient than private when comparing apples to apples.  Keep spouting off on this because I'd love to own your ass again with facts.

https://www.cato.org/blog/private-insurance-more-efficient-medicare-far

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2011/06/30/the-myth-of-medicares-low-administrative-costs/#73a4e823140d

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Its like 3 times more than the average of countries with much better plans.:lol:

The amazing support of Obamacare is brain worming it's way into some.  "It's reasonable"  Jesus Fucking Christ.

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That 46% saved your shitty miserable life............now that I think about I can see why your Canadian healthcare has you pissed off.

Know fucking absolutely nothing dago midget penis headed ignorant brain dead FUCK posts what :finger3: 

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

like I said, it all depends on a lot of things. hospitals only take payment plans, or give some people breaks, because they have other services where they make coin. if everyone got those things they'd be in trouble. besides, do you think someone can afford to set up a $1M payment plan with a hospital? :lol:

No. They can't afford $1800 per month either. Just go single payer and get it over with. 

Even the most "affordable" countries spend $6-7000 per person per year on HC.  Just exactly what type of Medicare tax will pay for that?

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Even the most "affordable" countries spend $6-7000 per person per year on HC.  Just exactly what type of Medicare tax will pay for that?

No,  Its complicated, the more you make plus the more you spend, its a moving target.

In Canada (ontario) it is based on your earnings and spending pattern.  If you make 100K, your portion of tax to the province is about 8.8K, so 46% of that goes towards HC about 4K plus 1K for an added Health tax that does anything but..  Then whatever you purchase that has 8% sales tax 46% of that goes to HC.

If your spouse works then the same calcs apply to her.  

Then there are extended health benefits, not mandatory that get added,  still much lower for the average person and quite a steal for those making under 50K.

If you make nil, you still get the same HC as someone who make 10million/year.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

46 minutes ago, JEFF said:

No. They can't afford $1800 per month either. Just go single payer and get it over with. 

What type of single payer?  Govt owns all of HC?   Just the insurance companeis?   Contracts with the insurance companies?  Taking over 1/3 of our nations economy is more than just "do single payer and get it over with."  

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No,  Its complicated, the more you make plus the more you spend, its a moving target.

In Canada (ontario) it is based on your earnings and spending pattern.  If you make 100K, your portion of tax to the province is about 8.8K, so 46% of that goes towards HC about 4K plus 1K for an added Health tax that does anything but..  Then whatever you purchase that has 8% sales tax 46% of that goes to HC.

Then there are extended health benefits, not mandatory that get added,  still much lower for the average person and quite a steal for those making under 50K.

I'd venture a guess we have HC challenges that Canada doesn't.   Illegal immigrants probably being the largest.  

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd venture a guess we have HC challenges that Canada doesn't.   Illegal immigrants probably being the largest.  

Plus a trained entitlement population along with even more highly trained government abuse population.

27 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I was just commenting on countries per capita spending.   Not who pays what.  We all know the wealthy or business will pick up the tab in the US.  

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Plus a trained entitlement population along with even more highly trained government abuse population.

I'd bet our percentage on means tested govt assistance is much higher than Canada's.

Approximately 52.2 million (or 21.3 percent) people in the U.S. participated in major means-tested government assistance programs each month in 2012, according to a U.S. Census Bureau report released today.May 28, 2015

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd bet our percentage on means tested govt assistance is much higher than Canada's.

Approximately 52.2 million (or 21.3 percent) people in the U.S. participated in major means-tested government assistance programs each month in 2012, according to a U.S. Census Bureau report released today.May 28, 2015

I'd take some of that action myself.  Who's your "bookie". 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

5% of the population uses over 65% of the HC funding.

I've heard its worse in the US.   I'll have to look it up, my wife and I were just talking about this yesterday.   I do know that like 70% of a person's HC spending is usually in the last 2-3 years of their life.   MIL was an administrator at a nursing home for 35+ years.  

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The second source that Fish gave us was a chart from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services’ Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. That chart showed exactly what Bates said: Twenty percent of the population accounts for 80 percent of total expenditures. Maybe even more shockingly, the chart also shows that just 5 percent of the population accounts for 50 percent of all expenditures.

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I've heard its worse in the US.   I'll have to look it up, my wife and I were just talking about this yesterday.   I do know that like 70% of a person's HC spending is usually in the last 2-3 years of their life.   MIL was an administrator at a nursing home for 35+ years.  

I think I read ours is like 20/80.  But the two (Canada vs. USA) are really hard to compare because of the differences in private/public dollars.

28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The biggest problem with healthcare is the industry has gotten way too greedy. From insurance companies, hospitals and pharmaceuticals........pigs at the trough.

• Like 1