BREAKING NEWS: Source: House GOP leaders delay vote on health care repeal bill, in setback for President Trump and Speaker Ryan. Story to come...

15 hours ago, bussman said:

Friends of ours are self employed. This year their premiums went up $925 a month with no changes to their family. This is a clusterfuck of epic proportions. 

Edited by Mileage Psycho
Mis-read the bold

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

Posted the faggot from a country where 46% of every tax dollar is spent on healthcare :flush: 

That 46% saved your shitty miserable life............now that I think about I can see why your Canadian healthcare has you pissed off.

Edited by Mileage Psycho

12 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

$1,800.00 a month is a reasonable price for a family plan, and I'm sure it's much cheaper than what your employer pays for plan.

Are you nuts? My wife and I are both self employed and we don't pay any where near that. Only Vinnie the baller would believe $1800 a month is reasonable. :lol:

7 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

So 8 years of complaining about ACA and the Republicans didn't have a plan.

Donald claiming during the election that he had a goodly plan. 

What happened?

he realized healthcare is complicated :lol:

2 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Are you nuts? My wife and I are both self employed and we don't pay any where near that. Only Vinnie the baller would believe $1800 a month is reasonable. :lol:

$1,800.00 a month is reasonable for a family plan.

Hey why don't you tip Ben and the rest of us off on what your health plan is and who it's with so we can see if we can find some savings.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

$1,800.00 a month is a reasonable price for a family plan, and I'm sure it's much cheaper than what your employer pays for plan.

You're in lala land if you consider $1800.00 a month "reasonable".It's nuts. I know that's what it is but seriously it's out of control. That's $10 per hour for the working man...

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

there's a lot of things we don't know about their situation. their income, any subsidies, what kind of plan, deductible, what is free, etc etc etc.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

there's a lot of things we don't know about their situation. their income, any subsidies, what kind of plan, deductible, what is free, etc etc etc.

I was thinking the same, there has to be more to the story. Vinnie thinking $1800 is reasonable :lol:I'm grateful I don't live in Ballerville, Illinois.

5 minutes ago, JEFF said:

You're in lala land if you consider $1800.00 a month "reasonable".It's nuts. I know that's what it is but seriously it's out of control. That's $10 per hour for the working man...

it's reasonable if someone in the family gets into an accident, or develops a serious illness. one of the main tasks of the aca was to prevent those kinds of debts from happening.

Just now, snoughnut said:

I was thinking the same, there has to be more to the story. Vinnie thinking $1800 is reasonable :lol:I'm grateful I don't live in Ballerville, Illinois.

I know a family who had a kid with a serious illness. it made more sense for them to get the most expensive plan, because their deductibles, out-of-pocket costs, etc were lower. while they paid more per month for the premium, in the end it worked out a lot better.  

1 hour ago, JEFF said:

It was 1800.00 a month 12 years ago here.

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

The guy with no name that use to visit here spent 8 bucks a year on healthcare but found out it was burial insurance

13 hours ago, Mainecat said:

As long as corporate healthcare is allowed to run the ACA it will continue to increase at doubl digit rates. 

When I bitched about our family plans hitting 20k and having 15-20% increases every year a dozen years ago many didn't mention anything or really didn't care. Pre Romney care I spoke at a forum denouncing Romney's plan not addressing increases. I said his plan was a step in the right direction but corporate healthcare had sunk its teeth deep into the polls pockets. 

Obamas plan was the same a good idea but the money grubbing corporate healthcare companies his barnacled themselves to congress on both sides. 

You get what corporate America wants you to get. Until you reform the election laws financial issue it will get worse.

note the new Trump bill won't save anyone money, allow to reach past state lines for care or allow pre existing conditions. It throws 24 million Americans out of their healthcare plans. The repubs just allowed healthcare CEO's to have unlimited bonuses.

yeah lets increase our killing machine.......just what the fuck are we protecting? Think about who?

How did the guys at Freedom sledder respond?

40 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That 46% saved your shitty miserable life............now that I think about I can see why your Canadian healthcare has you pissed off.

His numbers are like his persona.  Wrong

30 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Wat do you think healthcare costs?

You're looking at around 10-20k PER DAY if you are inpatient at a hospital.  No surgeries just the basic services

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Catman said:

Wat do you think healthcare costs?

You're looking at around 10-20k PER DAY if you are inpatient at a hospital.  No surgeries just the basic services

Therein lies the problem and 1800 month is not cheap for the average working person.

• Platinum Contributing Member

About $900 a month here.

This bill is not what Republican's have been promising.   It still leaves to much power in the hands of the dept of HHS.  Well what happens when the Dems take the WH again.  There are a few good things about this bill but the more I've researched it the more I see it won't do what is needed.   If I were the WH I'd shelve it, ask the Freedom Caucus to come up with something and focus on tax reform and immigration.   

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Medicare for all Americans....just fuckin do it.

that is the only solution. make sure the doctors, admin and others are paid well to attract good help and make it run well. it'd still be a huge cost savings to what we have now, where multiple parties are making a lot of bucks off the patients.

51 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

it's reasonable if someone in the family gets into an accident, or develops a serious illness. one of the main tasks of the aca was to prevent those kinds of debts from happening.

So over $20k a year is reasonable to you. I disagree. All hospitals take payment plans.

48 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It was 1800.00 a month 12 years ago here.

Not arguing that, as I know all to well. It's a problem that has no easy answers. Care providers, Hospitals, Insurance, Pharmaceuticals. All giving it to us dry.

2 minutes ago, JEFF said:

So over $20k a year is reasonable to you. I disagree. All hospitals take payment plans.

Not arguing that, as I know all to well. It's a problem that has no easy answers. Care providers, Hospitals, Insurance, Pharmaceuticals. All giving it to us dry.

like I said, it all depends on a lot of things. hospitals only take payment plans, or give some people breaks, because they have other services where they make coin. if everyone got those things they'd be in trouble. besides, do you think someone can afford to set up a $1M payment plan with a hospital? :lol:

Edited by Snoslinger