BREAKING NEWS: Source: House GOP leaders delay vote on health care repeal bill, in setback for President Trump and Speaker Ryan. Story to come...

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, bussman said:

$925 a month is the increase from last year, not the premium. 

Well now they are paying for all that stuff they need as middle aged American's.   Prenatal care.   Birth Control.   

72 Absurd Items ObamaCare Requires Your Health Insurance to Cover
Conservative HQ ^ | 11/08/13 | Ben Hart 

Posted on 11/11/2013, 7:28:25 PM by xzins

There is nothing about ObamaCare that’s working. It took a pack of lies to sell ObamaCare – which passed in the Senate by a single vote.

But the ultimate problem that dooms ObamaCare is cost — the sticker shock of the monthly premiums people are experiencing right now who have been thrown into the ObamaCare exchanges. According to a 49-state study by the Manhattan Institute , ObamaCare is causing an average increase in premiums for individuals of 41 percent.

The primary reason this is happening is that the architects of ObamaCare confuse health insurance with health coverage.

The purpose of health insurance is to protect one from a financial catastrophe in the event of a serious accident or a catastrophic illness. If you want to keep your monthly premiums cheap, you accept a high deductible of $5,000.

That is, your insurance pays nothing unless your medical expenses exceed $5,000 in a year. Until you hit the $5,000 in expenses level, you pay your health care costs out of pocket.

You pay for your doctor visits, your check ups, your prescriptions, your flu shots, your colds and sniffles. You pay for your routine vision care and routine dental work — teeth cleanings, fillings, and the like.

I keep my car insurance premiums low with the exact same approach. I have a $2,000 deductible. More importantly, I don’t make insurance claims for fender benders. I pay for those of pocket.

But that’s not the ObamaCare product.

Instead, according to the list on HealthCare.gov, everyone’s health insurance plan must now include:

Contraception, including the abortion-inducing “morning after” pill and vasectomies;

Maternity and newborn care (even though I’ve a 55-year old male with kids out of the nest)

Mental health and substance abuse counseling and treatment

Prescription drugs

Pediatric services

Behavioral health treatment

Rehab treatment

Dental and vision care

Alcohol Misuse screening and counseling

Aspirin use to prevent cardiovascular disease for men and women of certain ages

Blood Pressure screening for all adults

Cholesterol screening for adults of certain ages or at higher risk

Colorectal Cancer screening for adults over 50

Depression screening for adults

Diabetes (Type 2) screening for adults with high blood pressure

Diet counseling for adults at higher risk for chronic disease

HIV screening for everyone ages 15 to 65, and other ages at increased risk

Immunization vaccines for adults–doses, recommended ages, and recommended populations vary: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Herpes Zoster, Human Papillomavirus, Influenza (Flu Shot), Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Meningococcal, Pneumococcal, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussi, Varicella

Obesity screening and counseling for all adults

Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) prevention counseling for adults at higher risk

Syphilis screening for all adults at higher risk

Tobacco Use screening for all adults and cessation interventions for tobacco users

Anemia screening on a routine basis for pregnant women

Breast Cancer Genetic Test Counseling (BRCA)for women at higher risk for breast cancer

Breast Cancer Mammography screenings every 1 to 2 years for women over 40

Breast Cancer Chemoprevention counseling for women at higher risk

Breastfeeding comprehensive support and counseling from trained providers, and access to breastfeeding supplies, for pregnant and nursing women

Cervical Cancer screening for sexually active women

Chlamydia Infection screening for younger women and other women at higher risk

Contraception: Food and Drug Administration-approved contraceptive methods, sterilization procedures, and patient education and counseling, as prescribed by a health care provider for women with reproductive capacity.

Domestic and interpersonal violence screening and counseling for all women

Folic Acid supplements for women who may become pregnant

Gestational diabetes screening for women 24 to 28 weeks pregnant and those at high risk of developing gestational diabetes

Gonorrhea screening for all women at higher risk

Hepatitis B screening for pregnant women at their first prenatal visit

HIV screening and counseling for sexually active women

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) DNA Test every 3 years for women with normal cytology results who are 30 or older Osteoporosis screening for women over age 60 depending on risk factors

Rh Incompatibility screening for all pregnant women and follow-up testing for women at higher risk

Sexually Transmitted Infections counselingfor sexually active women

Syphilis screening for all pregnant women or other women at increased risk

Tobacco Use screening and interventions for all women, and expanded counseling for pregnant tobacco users

Urinary tract or other infection screening for pregnant women

Well-woman visits to get recommended services for women under 65

Autism screening for children at 18 and 24 months

Behavioral assessments for children at the following ages: 0 to 11 months, 1 to 4 years, 5 to 10 years, 11 to 14 years, 15 to 17 years.

Blood Pressure screening for children at the following ages: 0 to 11 months, 1 to 4 years , 5 to 10 years, 11 to 14 years, 15 to 17 years.

Cervical Dysplasia screening for sexually active females

Depression screening for adolescents

Developmental screening for children under age 3

Dyslipidemia screening for children at higher risk of lipid disorders at the following ages: 1 to 4 years, 5 to 10 years, 11 to 14 years, 15 to 17 years.

Fluoride Chemoprevention supplements for children without fluoride in their water source

Gonorrhea preventive medication for the eyes of all newborns

Hearing screening for all newborns

Height, Weight and Body Mass Index measurements for children at the following ages: 0 to 11 months, 1 to 4 years, 5 to 10 years,11 to 14 years, 15 to 17 years.

Hematocrit or Hemoglobin screening for children

Hemoglobinopathies or sickle cell screening for newborns

HIV screening for adolescents at higher risk

Hypothyroidism screening for newborns

Immunization vaccines for children from birth to age 18 —doses, recommended ages, and recommended populations vary: Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae type b, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Human Papillomavirus, Inactivated Poliovirus, Influenza (Flu Shot), Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Meningococcal, Pneumococcal, Rotavirus, Varicella

Iron supplements for children ages 6 to 12 months at risk for anemia

Lead screening for children at risk of exposure

Medical History for all children throughout development at the following ages: 0 to 11 months, 1 to 4 years, 5 to 10 years, 11 to 14 years, 15 to 17 years.

Obesity screening and counseling

Oral Health risk assessment for young children Ages: 0 to 11 months, 1 to 4 years, 5 to 10 years.

Phenylketonuria (PKU) screening for this genetic disorder in newborns

Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) prevention counseling and screening for adolescents at higher risk Tuberculin testing for children at higher risk of tuberculosis at the following ages: 0 to 11 months, 1 to 4 years, 5 to 10 years, 11 to 14 years, 15 to 17 years.

Vision screening for all children.

This is not a joke or satire. I copied and pasted all this directly from the healthcare.gov website.

All this cumulatively is very expensive.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3090207/posts?page=58

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah he missed that one....

They run a powersports/small engine business together out of their barn. He took a job at the Yamaha dealer because they flat out couldn't afford the increase. I haven't seen them in awhile, not sure how this is all working out. As a union technician with fully paid premiums I'm truly blessed having that benefit, I didn't realize how many people were getting fucked this year and it was a by design. It's the exact reason I'll never support either party's establishment again. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, bussman said:

They run a powersports/small engine business together out of their barn. He took a job at the Yamaha dealer because they flat out couldn't afford the increase. I haven't seen them in awhile, not sure how this is all working out. As a union technician with fully paid premiums I'm truly blessed having that benefit, I didn't realize how many people were getting fucked this year and it was a by design. It's the exact reason I'll never support either party's establishment again. 

1800 a month and if I had to guess it's probably not a great policy....the system is fucked.

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

1800 a month and if I had to guess it's probably not a great policy....the system is fucked.

They said that was the cheapest one they could get so I'm guessing it's not great. 

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

birth control should not only be free , it should be mandatory until you earn median household wage +10% for 2 consecutive years

X3

5 minutes ago, bussman said:

maybe with more support for the aca, tougher penalties for people going without, pressure on the insurance industries, improvements could be made. what irks my ass is when a large, profitable insurance company gets even more greedy and wants to help kill the aca by making up some BS about affordability and closing shop in a particular area. they want to go back to the old days.  

Edited by Snoslinger

Just now, Snoslinger said:

maybe with more support for the aca, tougher penalties for people going without, pressure on the insurance industries, improvements could be made. what irks my ass is when a large, profitable insurance company gets even more greedy and wants to help kill the aca by making up some BS about affordability. they want to go back to the old days.  

You're missing what's really going on here. They are all in on it together, take your partisan blinders off just once. 

• Like 1

I have an HSA now , no more Cadillac plan for me. I am lucky that we are fairly young and healthy and we dont run to the Dr for every little thing. 

My plan went from a great Cadillac plan where I paid about 150$ per month for a BCBS facilitated 80/20 with max out of pocket at 1500$ for family

to

HSA where the following occurs

I pay 52$ per month for a plan with $6,000 individual and 12k max out of pocket , 80/20 kicks in when any one person hits max

My employer gave me 1500$ the first year and $1000 per year after and I contribute an additional 175$ per month to my HSA

I think I have about 3600$ in the account right now after 15 months on this plan. We have been saving more than spending so far with no real major medical issues to date.

I think HSA's are a good option to keep people conscious of how their costs are being realized and why and giving them some skin in the game

4 minutes ago, bussman said:

You're missing what's really going on here. They are all in on it together, take your partisan blinders off just once. 

no they are not. the aca was not as friendly to the insurers as you may think. first there was the pre-existing stoppage. then they had to pay for other treatments. then they were somewhat capped with profits. you really need to investigate things more.

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Seven years of complaining and countless repeal votes and they have this trainwreck on there hands today, the POTUS personally lobbied conservative legislators to pass this TODAY.

Paul Ryan essentially wrote a bill that was his narrow view of healthcare, but how do the Republicans change it in fashion that will appeal to the Freedom Caucus, moderate republicans, and GOP governors?

Why didn't the Dems fix it in those "seven years"?  

:pc:

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have an HSA now , no more Cadillac plan for me. I am lucky that we are fairly young and healthy and we dont run to the Dr for every little thing. 

My plan went from a great Cadillac plan where I paid about 150$ per month for a BCBS facilitated 80/20 with max out of pocket at 1500$ for family

to

HSA where the following occurs

I pay 52$ per month for a plan with $6,000 individual and 12k max out of pocket , 80/20 kicks in when any one person hits max

My employer gave me 1500$ the first year and $1000 per year after and I contribute an additional 175$ per month to my HSA

I think I have about 3600$ in the account right now after 15 months on this plan. We have been saving more than spending so far with no real major medical issues to date.

I think HSA's are a good option to keep people conscious of how their costs are being realized and why and giving them some skin in the game

if you go to a dr, the total bill is $2000, do you pay a portion of that with a co-pay, or expected to pay the entire $2000 if your deducible is not met?

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

if you go to a dr, the total bill is $2000, do you pay a portion of that with a co-pay, or expected to pay the entire $2000 if your deducible is not met?

I pay everything until one person meets their 6k deductible , after that it is 80/20 until max out of pocket is met. After that it is 100% covered.

There is some preventative care that is free yearly like dental cleanings and routine exams etc etc.

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

no they are not. the aca was not as friendly to the insurers as you may think. first there was the pre-existing stoppage. then they had to pay for other treatments. then they were somewhat capped with profits. you really need to investigate things more.

Not friendly at first, that was the whole point. Take your own advise and look into this yourself. 

2 minutes ago, bussman said:

Not friendly at first, that was the whole point. Take your own advise and look into this yourself. 

Exactly ....that is why it was written so that they could not raise premiums more than 11% for the first few years .....then the gloves were taken off and 50-60% raises were allowed

Just now, f7ben said:

Exactly ....that is why it was written so that they could not raise premiums more than 11% for the first few years .....then the gloves were taken off and 50-60% raises were allowed

And that's when Hillary and the store bought Republicans were supposed to step in and ensure the big payday. They were so sure Hillary would win they could taste it. Trump's victory fucked over establishment republicans every bit as much as corporate democrats. 

Fact is republicans want nothing to do with "free markets" or "smaller government", especially here.  Fuck them. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bussman said:

And that's when Hillary and the store bought Republicans were supposed to step in and ensure the big payday. They were so sure Hillary would win they could taste it. Trump's victory fucked over establishment republicans every bit as much as corporate democrats. 

Fact is republicans want nothing to do with "free markets" or "smaller government", especially here.  Fuck them. 

when you getting your snowden tattoo and anarchist flag 1!!!111111111111111

52 minutes ago, bussman said:

:bc:

Who's winning again?  :lol:

As long as corporate healthcare is allowed to run the ACA it will continue to increase at doubl digit rates. 

When I bitched about our family plans hitting 20k and having 15-20% increases every year a dozen years ago many didn't mention anything or really didn't care. Pre Romney care I spoke at a forum denouncing Romney's plan not addressing increases. I said his plan was a step in the right direction but corporate healthcare had sunk its teeth deep into the polls pockets. 

Obamas plan was the same a good idea but the money grubbing corporate healthcare companies his barnacled themselves to congress on both sides. 

You get what corporate America wants you to get. Until you reform the election laws financial issue it will get worse.

note the new Trump bill won't save anyone money, allow to reach past state lines for care or allow pre existing conditions. It throws 24 million Americans out of their healthcare plans. The repubs just allowed healthcare CEO's to have unlimited bonuses.

yeah lets increase our killing machine.......just what the fuck are we protecting? Think about who?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

So 8 years of complaining about ACA and the Republicans didn't have a plan.

Donald claiming during the election that he had a goodly plan. 

What happened?

Posted the faggot from a country where 46% of every tax dollar is spent on healthcare :flush: