Manafort's plan to 'greatly benefit the Putin Government'

Manafort's plan to 'greatly benefit the Putin Government'

Source: Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, secretly worked for a Russian billionaire to advance the interests of Russian President Vladimir Putin a decade ago and proposed an ambitious political strategy to undermine anti-Russian opposition across former Soviet republics, The Associated Press has learned. The work appears to contradict assertions by the Trump administration and Manafort himself that he never worked for Russian interests.

Manafort proposed in a confidential strategy plan as early as June 2005 that he would influence politics, business dealings and news coverage inside the United States, Europe and the former Soviet republics to benefit the Putin government, even as U.S.-Russia relations under Republican President George W. Bush grew worse. Manafort pitched the plans to Russian aluminum magnate Oleg Deripaska, a close Putin ally with whom Manafort eventually signed a $10 million annual contract beginning in 2006, according to interviews with several people familiar with payments to Manafort and business records obtained by the AP. Manafort and Deripaska maintained a business relationship until at least 2009, according to one person familiar with the work.

"We are now of the belief that this model can greatly benefit the Putin Government if employed at the correct levels with the appropriate commitment to success," Manafort wrote in the 2005 memo to Deripaska. The effort, Manafort wrote, "will be offering a great service that can re-focus, both internally and externally, the policies of the Putin government."

Manafort's plans were laid out in documents obtained by the AP that included strategy memoranda and records showing international wire transfers for millions of dollars. How much work Manafort performed under the contract was unclear.

Read more: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TRUMP_RUSSIA_MANAFORT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-03-22-06-09-06

Just curious where were you when the obama administration was building ISIS snd running guns to mexican drug lords? 

If trump and his people were doing illegal shit i hope they all go to jail. 

You would nevet say that about people on the left 

He's turning the forum into his own little left wing wacko blog :lol:  I look for the snowmobile topics....all the anti Trump bullshit  has got flies buzzing around it now.  Jesus......boy who cried wolf much?

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

He's turning the forum into his own little left wing wacko blog :lol:  I look for the snowmobile topics....all the anti Trump bullshit  has got flies buzzing around it now.  Jesus......boy who cried wolf much?

I'd like you to take a swag at the question above.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

Yeah.  Me too.  So I don't have to.

When is your side gonna take a real good look at themselves and try to make positive changes?

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

No I'll pass on your bogusly framed question.  I drank Stoli vodka one time, does that make me a Russian supporter?  

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

same response from you I assume?

Nope.  But I'll keep it short as your IQ is lacking.

International affairs within the worlds first tier countries seeking common success has roots with many PR and attorney personnel and/or firms.

Is that simple?  After a quick re-read I feel you may not understand.  

Now it's my turn.  Why did Trump fire Manafort since it seems your side's new narrative is he is another "key" in the Trump/Russia partnership?  And what other "Russian supporters" are you referring to?  Name a few.

QUICK!  Off to the lib-tard search engine!  Sponsored today by MSNBC and "Morning Joe".

:lol:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Nope.  But I'll keep it short as your IQ is lacking.

International affairs within the worlds first tier countries seeking common success has roots with many PR and attorney personnel and/or firms.

Is that simple?  After a quick re-read I feel you may not understand.  

Now it's my turn.  Why did Trump fire Manafort since it seems your side's new narrative is he is another "key" in the Trump/Russia partnership?  And what other "Russian supporters" are you referring to?  Name a few.

QUICK!  Off to the lib-tard search engine!  Sponsored today by MSNBC and "Morning Joe".

so out of all the possibilities there he ends up with manafort. you should replace spicer :lol:

i suspect manafort "resigned" because his connections to Russia were coming to light and trump didn't want a lot of attention diverted to it. how did that work out? :lmao:

Just now, Snoslinger said:

so out of all the possibilities there he ends up with manafort. you should replace spicer :lol:

i suspect manafort "resigned" because his connections to Russia were coming to light and trump didn't want a lot of attention diverted to it. how did that work out? :lmao:

Not gonna answer my questions? Just add more of your own hysterically incorrect presumptions?

Ok, those questions may have been too difficult for you.  I don't see how but, maybe they are.  So, maybe this one is easier:

What are the Dems doing to work past their epic failures and start making changes toward improvement?

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Put me on ignore Sally. I was witness to thousands of anti Trump and Clinton threads over many years.

Now this current event with Trump is so much bigger and it involves treasonous acts and the Russians meddling and possibly changing an elections course.

Yeah I will probably post more.

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Manafort was a known Russian pacifier when he was Trumps manager.

You are auch an ignorant hack. :lol:

Define "pacifier". :lmao:And why was he fired?

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

You are just an ignorant hack.  Period.

I guess our little question answer debate is over.....again.  I answered yours and I get nothing from you other than incorrect rhetoric and crap.

Well done Slinger!  You are a credit to your party.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Put me on ignore Sally. I was witness to thousands of anti Trump and Clinton threads over many years.

Now this current event with Trump is so much bigger and it involves treasonous acts and the Russians meddling and possibly changing an elections course.

Yeah I will probably post more.

Because you are nothing but a bitter loser.  But that's ok.  You wear it well.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Not gonna answer my questions? Just add more of your own hysterically incorrect presumptions?

Ok, those questions may have been too difficult for you.  I don't see how but, maybe they are.  So, maybe this one is easier:

What are the Dems doing to work past their epic failures and start making changes toward improvement?

When you go around supporting a fake president,  defending him in every thread even though you continuously state you never voted for him you become a fake too.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

When you go around supporting a fake president,  defending him in every thread even though you continuously state you never voted for him you become a fake too.

How is he fake?  And explain how I am "supporting him"?

You are entering some deeper water.  Get your floaties.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

i gave you my answer about manafort you dumb fuck. i missed the one about "other russian connections". actually that should be fucking obvious to anyone who "pays attention". wtf is with you imbeciles? this place is called "current events" for a reason. if you know nothing about them, I'd suggest going elsewhere? or at leas stfu about topics you know nothing about. but to answer your question:

flynn, tillerson, page, stone, ross....