Microsoft surface pro 4

Anyone else have one of these pieces of shit? Microsoft had like 10 years to copy an ipad and fucked it up on such a grand scale that I can't really believe it. Absolutely the most unstable, quirky, poorly executed products I've ever had the displeasure of owning. I need it for one program I run for doing work at home that need windows 10, and seems like a well put together, quality machine. Nope.

11 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Mines been great but an iPad it is not.  Id not hesitate to buy another 

Do you have the keyboard cover that Microsoft sells for it? It's almost as if it's part of the problem. Curser jumps all over the place while typing. So it inserts your text half way up the page that your typing. Frustrating to say the least. I struggle enough on my own typing. I don't appreciate Bill Gates fucking with me too.

2 hours ago, JEFF said:

Do you have the keyboard cover that Microsoft sells for it? It's almost as if it's part of the problem. Curser jumps all over the place while typing. So it inserts your text half way up the page that your typing. Frustrating to say the least. I struggle enough on my own typing. I don't appreciate Bill Gates fucking with me too.

I have the first generation hard keyboard love it. The battery last long. Even if I don't use it for a few months still sits where I left it.  You could maybe back up the data and reset it?  

I use one as a laptop for work, it's OK as a laptop. Some quirks that make it a PITA sometimes but it's decent for the most part. Battery life is laughable. We have a dozen in the office, half of them are good, the other half have some common quirks that are somehow related to the video card. It's widely reported all over the support forums.

I don't use it as a tablet, too clumsy.

I'd say the video card is a potential issue on mine as well. Any video use is laughable. Youtube videos jump and skip on their own while watching them. And yes autoplay is off. 

Weird stuff.

41 minutes ago, JEFF said:

I'd say the video card is a potential issue on mine as well. Any video use is laughable. Youtube videos jump and skip on their own while watching them. And yes autoplay is off. 

Weird stuff.

a video that is jumpy/skippy could be a network issue as well.  most youtube videos are lucky if they are 720p

I have a surface book pro with the i7 processor.  It's been great and I haven't picked up my iPad since I got it.  It runs the software I need and it's 10x faster than the iPad.  Never had a problem with stability.

7 hours ago, SmeeAgain said:

I have a surface book pro with the i7 processor.  It's been great and I haven't picked up my iPad since I got it.  It runs the software I need and it's 10x faster than the iPad.  Never had a problem with stability.

Mine is new with the I7 as well, not sure what iPad you're comparing it to but I notice no speed difference with the Air 2 or the Pro. 

14 hours ago, Doos said:

Mine is new with the I7 as well, not sure what iPad you're comparing it to but I notice no speed difference with the Air 2 or the Pro. 

I guess it really isn't a fair comparison now that you mention it.  The iPad is a previous generation.  However, the usability still goes far and away to the Surface for its ability to run typical PC software.  :bc:

10 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

A non-issue now that the iPad has the little pen doo-hickey and keyboard attachment. No reason to ever buy a sub par brand like Microsoft now. 

need to run full windows programs and work.  The surface does it, the ipad does not.  

I don't know about the Microsoft tablet but I'll NEVER have an iPad or any other piece of junk fruit again. They send out an update I don't have any control over the install of and suddenly the damn thing reboots and then shuts down. It won't charge anymore. I contact their support and they tell me it was a flaw in their update and to take it to the Apple store and they will be able to fix me up right away. It will only take a few minutes. Get there and the place is packed with them telling me I should have made an appointment through support and it would be about 3 hours wait.

They tell me all they can do is reload the O/S but that it will wipe out everything I have on it so it will be like it was coming out of the box.

That was about 2 months ago. Every now and then it just freezes and the only way out is to press and hold the two buttons until it does a hard boot since they made their fix. Then a couple of weeks ago another damn update that I still don't have any control over. Now the only way it will charge is when it is powered off.

Give me a Windows laptop any time.

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

need to run full windows programs and work.  The surface does it, the ipad does not.  

This. I love my ipad. 

My surface is an i5. other than the jumping curser and youtube video issues it's a nice little machine. It has much better sound quality than my ipad. 

7 hours ago, 02sled said:

I don't know about the Microsoft tablet but I'll NEVER have an iPad or any other piece of junk fruit again. They send out an update I don't have any control over the install of and suddenly the damn thing reboots and then shuts down. It won't charge anymore. I contact their support and they tell me it was a flaw in their update and to take it to the Apple store and they will be able to fix me up right away. It will only take a few minutes. Get there and the place is packed with them telling me I should have made an appointment through support and it would be about 3 hours wait.

They tell me all they can do is reload the O/S but that it will wipe out everything I have on it so it will be like it was coming out of the box.

That was about 2 months ago. Every now and then it just freezes and the only way out is to press and hold the two buttons until it does a hard boot since they made their fix. Then a couple of weeks ago another damn update that I still don't have any control over. Now the only way it will charge is when it is powered off.

Give me a Windows laptop any time.

Nobody ever had an issue like that with a windows machine. :lol:

42 minutes ago, Doos said:

Nobody ever had an issue like that with a windows machine. :lol:

You are so limited with the settings you can make on iPad compared to Windows and backing out of an update is a piece of cake on windows. I get to choose what updates I want to apply and when on windows 

7 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You are so limited with the settings you can make on iPad compared to Windows and backing out of an update is a piece of cake on windows. I get to choose what updates I want to apply and when on windows 

Windows is more flexible no doubt, but also far more problematic on average. 

Both platforms have their pluses and minuses, I'm not a fanboy of either but both at home and in my business iOS is more stable.