Cops beat up, hospitalize bar owner.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Because 100% of people have broken laws and cops are tasked with meting out punitive measures for the same laws they themselves have broken. That is the very definition of hypocrite 

So are jury's, judges and prosecuters then?  I hope you try and recuse yourself from any jury duty on the grounds that you are a lawbreaker. :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, f7ben said:

cops have full subjectivity in who gets charged and when .....see our young friend xlt's story for instance 

Cops have to follow procedures, if they let someone go who is say drunk driving, they would lose there job.

Just now, Highmark said:

So are jury's and judges then?

absolutely , although their bound to act ethically and by law in meting out their justice. Every cop has let a friend or so-worker off the hook for an offense he has cited a stranger for. That is the very essence of hypocrisy 

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Cops have to follow procedures, if they let someone go who is say drunk driving, they would lose there job.

Not for all things they don't.  They are left with plenty of discretion on lots of things.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

so you are saying cops dont let some people off and charge others?

Just now, Highmark said:

Not for all things they don't.  They are left with plenty of discretion on lots of things.

I blew a .14 once and got a speeding ticket and a ride home. I was elated at the time and the more I thought about it the more pissed I got. Why should they have such massive power over who's life gets ruined and who's does not

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Seeing FB posts about Larry, owner of Larry's Seven-ski inn in elimira getting beat up by a state trooper.

Broken elbow and nose. Apparently he saw a trooper sitting in his lot watching 131 - which is illegal - and asked him to leave. Cop apparently didn't want to so Larry ended up in the hospital. 

Anyone else hear anything?

I haven't heard anything but Larry is in his 80's for fucks sake and has been running that joint for years. Pathetic if true.

Edited by Biggie Smails

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I blew a .14 once and got a speeding ticket and a ride home. I was elated at the time and the more I thought about it the more pissed I got. Why should they have such massive power over who's life gets ruined and who's does not

I was driving in a Cemetery in the snow and was pretty full when I was 17.   Never hit or damaged anything but still one of the dumbest things I've ever done.  Cop just said go home and if he see's me again that night I'm going to jail.

Reality is Ben what do you suggest have no cops?   They are human and will make mistakes.   The system isn't perfect but we still need to have laws enforced.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I was driving in a Cemetery in the snow and was pretty full when I was 17.   Never hit or damaged anything but still one of the dumbest things I've ever done.  Cop just said go home and if he see's me again that night I'm going to jail.

Reality is Ben what do you suggest have no cops?   They are human and will make mistakes.   The system isn't perfect but we still need to have laws enforced.  

I'm not offering a solution .....I'm only saying that the system as it is currently employed requires that cops be massive hypocrites to execute their job. Maybe some people are fine with that....I couldnt do it....I'd never be able to sleep at night

Just now, f7ben said:

I'm not offering a solution .....I'm only saying that the system as it is currently employed requires that cops be massive hypocrites to execute their job. Maybe some people are fine with that....I couldnt do it....I'd never be able to sleep at night

Jesus the way you talk we are all a bunch of fucking crooks. :lol:  I'm by no means a goody two shoes but damn the vast majority of law breaking I do is speeding.   Just how exactly are you such a law breaker big bad Ben?   

The first thing I would suggest is that you remove the ability of a cop to be the judge and jury. If they catch you committing an offense make it mandatory that they cite you.

That would go a long way to remove the power that they wield. I suspect a lot of those that seek to be cops because they are power hungry assholes who have been marginalized and without "power" their whole lives would look to other professions 

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Jesus the way you talk we are all a bunch of fucking crooks. :lol:  I'm by no means a goody two shoes but damn the vast majority of law breaking I do is speeding.   Just how exactly are you such a law breaker big bad Ben?   

I dont make any differentiation between laws ....you are either acting inside the law or outside ....to what degree matters not. I choose to break any law I see fit whenever I like and I accept the potential consequence. I however would never assume the hypocrisy in deciding who to punish for the very acts I engage in 

Edited by f7ben

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont make any differentiation between laws ....you are either acting inside the law or outside ....to what degree matters not. I choose to break any law I see fit whenever I like and I except the potential consequence. I however would never assume the hypocrisy in deciding who to punish for the very acts I engage in 

:lol: Yeah like all law enforcement is going around acting like that. 

57 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I had an expired license, my new insurance card wasnt in my truck, I wasn't rocking my front license plate, and was doing 15 over. Cop let me off with warnings and we talked about Polaris sleds being superior products. Not all cops suck. 

He probably liked your cleavage.

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yup, and having a few friends and a relative that are cops, the cops decision is swayed hugely by the attitude show by the offender.

Just now, Dave said:

He probably liked your cleavage.

Ryanne lives in Madison ......I'm assuming at least half of the people there are gay ........consequently Ryanne has a 50% chance of getting out of any traffic offense by using his hands or mouth for 5 minutes :lol:

Could be more than half , they are 99% packers fans so.....

• Like 1

Just now, Frostynuts said:

Yup, and having a few friends and a relative that are cops, the cops decision is swayed hugely by the attitude show by the offender.

oh , well that makes it way better :lol:

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Yep, watch live PD.   If a guy admits to having pot in the car they give them a civil offense and off they go.  Lie about it and its criminal charges and off to jail.  Attitude is huge with cops.   Respect them and many of them will respect you.  Not all but most.

• Like 1

Yep, watch live PD.   If a guy admits to having pot in the car they give them a civil offense and off they go.  Lie about it and its criminal charges and off to jail.  Attitude is huge with cops.   Respect them and many of them will respect you.  Not all but most.

that is hypocrisy ......100% by the book 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

that is hypocrisy ......100% by the book 

So if they don't do pot how is that being hypocritical?  

So if they don't do pot how is that being hypocritical?  

because they ticket someone who doesnt suck their ego off and who may already be having a bad day ..but let people who worship them off..fuck that shit

Edited by f7ben

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Oh great ....you got let go and some other guy who did the same got fucked.....arent cops grand

sometimes it depends on what kind of attitude the person gives the cop... you give them attitude and you're not getting a warning

Just now, 02sled said:

sometimes it depends on what kind of attitude the person gives the cop... you give them attitude and you're not getting a warning

my issue is with them having that power in the first place .....it is 100% bullshit to give them that kind of power. At that point they are not enforcing the law ....they are feasting on power and having their ego stroked

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

my issue is with them having that power in the first place .....it is 100% bullshit to give them that kind of power. At that point they are not enforcing the law ....they are feasting on power and having their ego stroked

So you have a problem with the judges too who will do things like give someone a break on a minor infraction without any prior history. I guess the premise of being more stringent on the repeat offender isn't something you believe in.