Ivanka Trump set to get West Wing office

WTF is this?

Ivanka Trump set to get West Wing office

Ivanka Trump, who moved to Washington, D.C., saying she would play no formal role in her father’s administration, is now officially setting up shop in the White House.

The powerful first daughter has secured her own office on the West Wing’s second floor — a space next to senior adviser Dina Powell, who was recently promoted to a position on the National Security Council. She is also in the process of obtaining a security clearance, and is set to receive government-issued communications devices this week.

In everything but name, the first daughter is settling in as what appears to be a full-time staffer in her father’s administration, with a broad and growing portfolio — except she is not being sworn in, will hold no official position, and is not pocketing a salary, her attorney said.

Ivanka Trump’s role, according to her attorney Jamie Gorelick, will be to serve as the president’s “eyes and ears” while providing broad-ranging advice, not just limited to women’s empowerment issues. Last week, for instance, Ivanka Trump raised eyebrows when she was seated next to Angela Merkel for the German chancellor’s first official visit to Trump’s White House.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/ivanka-trump-white-house-236273

• Platinum Contributing Member

WTF is up with your cut and paste?   Goes right thru the reply section.

Edited by Highmark

Just now, jtssrx said:

Yes its complete bullshit im not happy about it. Why does she have a voice? She wasn't elected and isn't a government official 

A smart, level headed, advisor and one he will listen to, to Trump is a welcome addition to his administration.  IMO.

Having female advisers is bad?   If she's qualified who gives a shit if she's his daughter.   You of all people MC should realize just because your family doesn't mean you are not qualified.  If I worked in the WH I'd want her around. :junk:

Edited by Highmark

Trump needs a better class of 'unofficial' advisors.

Like Hillary. She had...............

Sydney Blumenthal. :lol:

19 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Yes its complete bullshit im not happy about it. Why does she have a voice? She wasn't elected and isn't a government official 

Pretty much how I feel about it too.  I'd feel the same way if it was Chels C too.  Go find a real job.

19 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Either are any of something like 6,000 people Trump can appoint :guzzle:

She reminds me of Jennifer Lawrence from the Hunger Games.   

Hey MC was it nepotism when your brother hired you?

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Mainecat said:

Is this the start of a family coup?

Was it nepotism when your brother hired you?

1 hour ago, JEFF said:

Definitely. Next they'll build a wall around the white house...

I had 25 years in the same business field.  Ivanka has no government experience that I am aware of.

So again the government is not a business and our forefathers never intended it to be in fact took great measures to make sure it never was,

But hey Highmark you already knew this and the fact Trump was in business with the US number #1 enemy the Russians when you voted for him.

Hes all yours

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I had 25 years in the same business field.  Ivanka has no government experience that I am aware of.

So again the government is not a business and our forefathers never intended it to be in fact took great measures to make sure it never was,

But hey Highmark you already knew this and the fact Trump was in business with the US number #1 enemy the Russians when you voted for him.

Hes all yours

So how much government experience did Hillary have when Bill put her in charge of finding a solution to HealthCare Insurance?  

As far as I'm concerned its a fantastic thing not having an administration completely filled with lifetime politicians and bureaucrats.  

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/09/hillary-clinton-helped-pave-way-for-jared-kushner-in-the-white-house.html

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

So how much government experience did Hillary have when Bill put her in charge of finding a solution to HealthCare Insurance?  

As far as I'm concerned its a fantastic thing not having an administration completely filled with lifetime politicians and bureaucrats.  

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/09/hillary-clinton-helped-pave-way-for-jared-kushner-in-the-white-house.html

she was already the first lady

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

she was already the first lady

:lol:   That seriously made me laugh.  Being the First Lady gives you Healthcare experience. :lol:   Priceless.  

Role as First Lady

When Bill Clinton took office as President in January 1993, Hillary Rodham Clinton became the First Lady, and her press secretary reiterated that she would be using that form of her name.[c] She was the first inaugural First Lady to have earned a postgraduate degree and to have her own professional career up to the time of entering the White House.[142] She was also the first to have an office in the West Wing of the White House in addition to the usual first lady offices in the East Wing.[59][143] She was part of the innermost circle vetting appointments to the new administration and her choices filled at least eleven top-level positions and dozens more lower-level ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton

Edited by Highmark

44 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Hes all yours

FAKENEWSMAINECUNT with his daily :lies:and :bullshit: