There is a New Champion of the Flat Earth Conspiracy

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, jtssrx said:

I have an electrical engineering degree asshole. Ive done IT work for 22 years now. Im also licensed to sell insurance. I was also in the United States Marine Corp

Not that it matters 

I assume in the USMC they taught you how to navigate or at least basic navigational theory, correct? That didn't offer proof to you that the earth was round?

17 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Curvature that should be seen or should be  measurable isn't there. A perfect example of this is the ability to see Chicago across Lake Michigan from Michigan. Its not a mirage as suggested by some. 

You can also see Oahu from Kauai these islands are 108 miles apart.

This is such nonsense that it's difficult to believe it's even being discussed.  The problem is you have simpletons that see something like this and can only come to one conclusion.  If they asked someone who could explain to them what was going on, they wouldn't look so stupid.  This is a case of terrestrial refraction of light.  But anyone that is so gullible or stupid for a better word, to believe the world is flat, the idea of the bending of light based on densities of atmosphere would seem like quantum mechanics to them.

Edited by SmeeAgain