Past History of FS, HCS and/or TBP?????

There was only one rule on the old FS, and for some reason some people couldn't follow that one simple rule, like it or not it was not on Rob, it was on those that couldn't follow that one rule.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

There was only one rule on the old FS, and for some reason some people couldn't follow that one simple rule, like it or not it was not on Rob, it was on those that couldn't follow that one rule.

Remind us what that rule was........... 

8 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Don't fuck with Rob. His site his rules, don't challenge him.

That pretty much sums up what happened. Some members were asking rob to do something he didn't want to do, ban certain members. It pretty much snowballed from there. Did I agree that certain members should be banned at the time? Yes I did, but I also knew how rob felt about banning members. Some may have felt that it was OK for rob to ban a few members when they pissed him off, why not get rid of a few troublemakers? Simple answer, they didn't seem to piss him off like they did some of us. That's my take on the demise of FS v1 :bc:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ckf said:

That pretty much sums up what happened. Some members were asking rob to do something he didn't want to do, ban certain members. It pretty much snowballed from there. Did I agree that certain members should be banned at the time? Yes I did, but I also knew how rob felt about banning members. Some may have felt that it was OK for rob to ban a few members when they pissed him off, why not get rid of a few troublemakers? Simple answer, they didn't seem to piss him off like they did some of us. That's my take on the demise of FS v1 :bc:

I sense this as the same reason Moto's "leadership-less" utopia would fail.  Sooner or later, people will organize for a decision.  And if the chosen one who is able to make the final call won't make it one way or the other, they turn on him.  In this case, Everybody just cut their own throats rather than "simmering down".  That's kinda how I viewed it all based on the tidbits I've gotten here.

:dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, bussman said:

Speaking of Woolie's wife that brought down HCS.....

Place is packed today. 

F301E502-E99B-46BC-ABAF-FF44586F5B2A_zps

That is great to see....looks like a gorgeous day as well! :bc:

37 minutes ago, ckf said:

Could be wrong, but it seemed like it really got notched up when his wife was brought up and how he should feel about this or that.

Just now, Cold War said:

Could be wrong, but it seemed like it really got notched up when his wife was brought up and how he should feel about this or that.

That sounds about right. But it started when members were asking for members to be banned. At least that's how I remember it :bc:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

That sounds about right. But it started when members were asking for members to be banned. At least that's how I remember it :bc:

You can never tell someone how to run their home, like it or not.  They should have just left, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

One rule, just one rule was all that everybody needed to follow and couldn't, sometimes you just need to grin and bear it.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

One rule, just one rule was all that everybody needed to follow and couldn't, sometimes you just need to grin and bear it.

I'd agree.  But the "gin and bear it" part can be tough in this type of environment.  I guess if he was in the forums "mixing it up" like the rest then pulled his ownership "card" when things got tough...well...not sure that is much better than a moderator using his "power" abusively.  But again...being an owner and taking shit while you pay somebody to give it to you can weigh kinda heavy.  And like if stated, his "feelings toward the passing of his wife" were fair target...then what the fuck were some of you thinking?  Ick.

7 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

One rule, just one fucking simple rule was all that everybody needed to follow and couldn't, sometimes you just need to grin and bear it.

Fixed for simplicity.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I'd agree.  But the "gin and bear it" part can be tough in this type of environment.  I guess if he was in the forums "mixing it up" like the rest then pulled his ownership "card" when things got tough...well...not sure that is much better than a moderator using his "power" abusively.  But again...being an owner and taking shit while you pay somebody to give it to you can weigh kinda heavy.  And like if stated, his "feelings toward the passing of his wife" were fair target...then what the fuck were some of you thinking?  Ick.

Its really not that complicated.  Some overstepped their bounds big time and thought they were worth far more than market value.  End of story.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Only tough for the WEAK!

The fact that anyone even mentioned the passing of his wife was fucked up no doubt.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Absolutely untrue.  Rob booted OT long before that. Rob was becoming very thinned skin and that had nothing at all to do with Zoso.  

Exactly.  Whats this horseshit about making demands or poking the bear?  How does that work exactly?  GMAFB.  Many of us had an opinion.  Rob was not in a good place in his life, and this place was causing him aggravation, he flipped out on everyone who used to be his friends, so it was best to walk away and get his life back to where it needs to be.   

3 hours ago, Dave said:

At the end of the day as ive said before and I will say it again....there is one common factor here. :wolfie:

You really are an obsessed fucking cry baby.  The trolling act is really lame for a guy your age.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Fixed for simplicity.

Its really not that complicated.  Some overstepped their bounds big time and thought they were worth far more than market value.  End of story.

Overstepped their bounds?  Market value?  Some had opinions and voiced them, try not to overthink it.

Edited by DriftBusta