Past History of FS, HCS and/or TBP?????

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

And he seems to be behaving himself this time around.

Exactly! If we kept banning him he would just come back as someone else more pissed off than ever.

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Zosos posts have always been informative.....you poke the bear...the bear bites back....whiney fucks like woolard will never realize this and cry foul after.

This may be a good thread to start my spreadsheet on old/AKA names.  Fuck....me get's so confused!  :pc:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

This may be a good thread to start my spreadsheet on old/AKA names.  Fuck....me get's so confused!  :pc:

Youre better off pming RR for a spreadsheet on Tbp. :lol:

Edited by Dave

Just now, Zambroski said:

Go ask RR over on TBP to look at his spreadsheet. :lol:

Being around for a while I have seen some wild shit the last 15 years.. Met many good Friends here.. For the most part You clowns are a hoot!! but then theres the few that need the sand washed out of their mangaina!! :snack:

Edited by Trackstand
  • Like 1

I was a late comer to HCS as I joined in spring of 04 and frequented the Polaris forum mostly.  That spring we started up the Polaris 440/racer subforum and it took off pretty good.  I quickly became involved in the CE forum as that was where all the fun was.  Fairly unmoderated but still enough oversight that people didn't get to out of hand.

Rob sold HCS in 07 I think and we immediately got all the ads and the site really started slowing down.  It became painful to be around.  Lots of people claimed the HCS forum was giving their computers viruses and making them run slow.

Spring 2008 Rob Started Freedom Sledder.  I think it was May 8 2008 when the forum kicked off.  The new FS forum was talked about in PM on HCS as well as via text as some of had gotten to know each other outside the forum.  FSCE was born as a completely unmoderated, anything goes forum.  IT took off like wild fire.

Fall 2008 was the first Jamstock.  About 20 of us from the forum got together at Jammins place on lake Meldred in WI.  Had a great time.  There were at least 8 Jamstocks all together and people from all parts of the country, Maine to Alaska, gathered to have a blast at Jammins place.

I don't know when TBP was first started but it was right around this time or even before.  I didn't become a TBP member till about 2012 or something like that.  IT seemed like a closer knit group of guys who actually knew each other and rode together.  I enjoyed visiting TBP but didn't know as many of the guys there as I did on FSCE.

Spring 2016 This forum was going along strongly. Rob had been pretty scarce around here since Jane had died but he was starting to show up more often.  Rob and OT had a little disagreement and that was quite bizarre.  Rob made mention of selling it a few times but it was hard to tell if he was serious.  It was apparent that Rob was tired of dealing with it.  Not sure if it was the constant updates or the software or exactly what it was but his patiences was running thin by mid summer.  

A bit of a flare up between a few members really got under Robs skin.  Rob was threatening to shut the place down.  Ha was placing blame on a few guys who had no part what so ever in the fiasco.  A few other members called him on his bluff to shut the site down so one night about 3am eastern time he pulled the plug.  

TBP2 was already up and running when Rob pulled the plug last summer/fall. 

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I was a late comer to HCS as I joined in spring of 04 and frequented the Polaris forum mostly.  That spring we started up the Polaris 440/racer subforum and it took off pretty good.  I quickly became involved in the CE forum as that was where all the fun was.  Fairly unmoderated but still enough oversight that people didn't get to out of hand.

Rob sold HCS in 07 I think and we immediately got all the ads and the site really started slowing down.  It became painful to be around.  Lots of people claimed the HCS forum was giving their computers viruses and making them run slow.

Spring 2008 Rob Started Freedom Sledder.  I think it was May 8 2008 when the forum kicked off.  The new FS forum was talked about in PM on HCS as well as via text as some of had gotten to know each other outside the forum.  FSCE was born as a completely unmoderated, anything goes forum.  IT took off like wild fire.

Fall 2008 was the first Jamstock.  About 20 of us from the forum got together at Jammins place on lake Meldred in WI.  Had a great time.  There were at least 8 Jamstocks all together and people from all parts of the country, Maine to Alaska, gathered to have a blast at Jammins place.

I don't know when TBP was first started but it was right around this time or even before.  I didn't become a TBP member till about 2012 or something like that.  IT seemed like a closer knit group of guys who actually knew each other and rode together.  I enjoyed visiting TBP but didn't know as many of the guys there as I did on FSCE.

Spring 2016 This forum was going along strongly. Rob had been pretty scarce around here since Jane had died but he was starting to show up more often.  Rob and OT had a little disagreement and that was quite bizarre.  Rob made mention of selling it a few times but it was hard to tell if he was serious.  It was apparent that Rob was tired of dealing with it.  Not sure if it was the constant updates or the software or exactly what it was but his patiences was running thin by mid summer.  

A bit of a flare up between a few members really got under Robs skin.  Rob was threatening to shut the place down.  Ha was placing blame on a few guys who had no part what so ever in the fiasco.  A few other members called him on his bluff to shut the site down so one night about 3am eastern time he pulled the plug.  

TBP2 was already up and running when Rob pulled the plug last summer/fall. 

Add in some personal threats to Rob + others on line / off line. HCS back in the day was great . imo

Just now, hwytohell said:

Add in some personal threats to Rob + others on line / off line. HCS back in the day was great . imo

Yes there was some of that but the ones online were pretty benign.  At least that's what I saw.  Maybe I missed the online personal threats.  

When Rob came back last spring/summer he wasn't himself.  Things didn't just let things roll off like before.  I know he had been through a lot but he seemed to have changed quite a bit.  

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yes there was some of that but the ones online were pretty benign.  At least that's what I saw.  Maybe I missed the online personal threats.  

When Rob came back last spring/summer he wasn't himself.  Things didn't just let things roll off like before.  I know he had been through a lot but he seemed to have changed quite a bit.  

But...if Rob would have banned Zoso as per woolards demands....everything would have been hunky dory and not a thing would have been said about Rob not being himself......

Just now, Dave said:

But...if Rob would have banned Zoso as per woolards demands....everything would have been hunky dory and not a thing would have been said about Rob not being himself......

Absolutely untrue.  Rob booted OT long before that. Rob was becoming very thinned skin and that had nothing at all to do with Zoso.  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

You are correct, Rob, wasn't himself last year. He had a hard time with the loss of his wife. Not only was Jane his wife, she was his best friend since high school. He was doing a little better over the summer, but buying the RS in November completely turned things around for him.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

I don't think the old HCS could ever be duplicated.  

IMO a few angry and unhappy people on this site, but pretty good mix.  I don't have a problem with anyone here. 

• Like 2

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Absolutely untrue.  Rob booted OT long before that. Rob was becoming very thinned skin and that had nothing at all to do with Zoso.  

Rob took OTs admin card away....didnt boot him.

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Rob never booted OT. OT got pissed at rob's comments and left.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

You are correct, Rob, wasn't himself last year. He had a hard time with the loss of his wife. Not only was Jane his wife, she was his best friend since high school. He was doing a little better over the summer, but buying the RS in November completely turned things around for him.

And we all knew how close he and Jane were.  I think Rob was just looking for a reason to get out of Freedom Sledder.