Twinrix ?

dirtybeacher

Asking for health advice on this sled forum is slightly retarded, but curious as to if any you guys recommend getting these shots for a Caribbean trip.  Last time I was down there, was before this vaccine was available.  I have a colleague that became pretty sick from it, and other coworkers that had it and were fine.  

Depends were you are staying and what you are doing?

If staying in tourist area at resort with short day trips to tourist sites then not likely needed.

If staying away from tourist areas eating local food, drinking local water then more likely recommended.

We have travelled in Caribean to tourist areas many times with group size of up to 50 people and no one got sick.

We would eat in local restaurants and go to tourist beaches and eat and drink.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirtybeacher said:

Dirties, fatties, even fugly's- I lowered my standards about a decade ago.  Quantity over quality, I say.  I just hope there's some euro sluts, them chicks are freaky in the sack.  

That's why they invented light switches...

On March 18, 2017 at 8:28 AM, dirtybeacher said:

Asking for health advice on this sled forum is slightly retarded, but curious as to if any you guys recommend getting these shots for a Caribbean trip.  Last time I was down there, was before this vaccine was available.  I have a colleague that became pretty sick from it, and other coworkers that had it and were fine.  

Twinrix for Hep A and B is a good idea.  I have a friend who contacted Hep A during her last trip to the islands.  That was three months ago and she is still off work. 

I got my Twinrix Hep A and B shots back in 1996.  Also I have yellow fever and bunch of other vaccinations, as it is mandatory in my profession.

get the shot.

• Like 1

I'd highly recommend it.  Doesn't take much to contract Hep A or B these days, even in "clean" resorts.  One tainted ice cube and you could be done.   Like Poncho, had to have certain vaccinations as condition of employment.  Have never had an issue...used Twinrix few yrs ago as a booster prior to going south.  Felt fine.  Cheap insurance really... 

• Like 1

Going in for first round today. Thanks for the advice everyone.  

Just so you know, if you're in a rush, there's a 4 dose program. (Which I'm doing) Otherwise it's three doses that you have to start months in advance.  

Im self employed, and signing contracts now. Can't risk being incapacitated the next few months.  (or ever for that matter).  Plus, I've never been shit on by a German chick, so I look forward to that.  

• Like 6

On March 19, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Poncho said:

Twinrix for Hep A and B is a good idea.  I have a friend who contacted Hep A during her last trip to the islands.  That was three months ago and she is still off work. 

I got my Twinrix Hep A and B shots back in 1996.  Also I have yellow fever and bunch of other vaccinations, as it is mandatory in my profession.

get the shot.

My understanding is the Hep A shot is good for life but you're not covered for Hep B after a few years :dunno: 

Cleveland Steamer 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3Fterm%3DCleveland%20Steamer%26amp%3Dtrue

Like a Cleveland Steamer , but ends in a fart in ode to the Windy City .......

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3Fterm%3Dchicago%20steamer%26amp%3Dtrue

Edited by StevieWonder

2 hours ago, Momorider said:

My understanding is the Hep A shot is good for life but you're not covered for Hep B after a few years :dunno: 

Booster is required, then you are good to go.  I don't have my booklet in front of me but I think I had my first shot followed three months later with a second shot and a final shot good for life. Your doctor will let you know.