****Official Pet Photo Thread****

ckf

Tomas , we rescued  female lab years ago,  she had huge issues with men plus chewing , digging, running away , bending the living shit out of two extra large dog crates. Within a year she really came around , it took some hard work on our part with lots of walks on leash , swimming , playing fetch until our arms ached, extra time with me and my late father for her to learn to trust men again. One thing the vet told us to do is to leave a radio on when we crated her ( pbs or detoilet tiger games for us )  it seemed to help her.   What ever happened to her in the first two and a half years of her life must have been something else. She gave us ten great family years. Keep at it !!

• Platinum Contributing Member
39 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

We got real close to throwing in the towel a couple of times. She has escaped 4 times and ran away 3. One of those times she was gone for 23 hours. We are about a mortgage payment into her, the start up and things to keep her there such as the kennel and a really nice dog house I bought. It has not been easy but we are way to emotionally and financially invested into her to give up now and I mean if I can justify a snowmobile how could I not justify this lmao

Glad to hear you are sticking it out, but go get that dog some fluoxetine, 20MG, and in a week things will change,  cost me $13 for 90 days. Make your vet prescribe for you.

I went from a dog that was so wound up he was eating his tail, to a chill on the couch and pet me dog..

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_1299.JPG

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Glad to hear you are sticking it out, but go get that dog some fluoxetine, 20MG, and in a week things will change,  cost me $13 for 90 days. Make your vet prescribe for you.

I went from a dog that was so wound up he was eating his tail, to a chill on the couch and pet me dog..

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_1299.JPG

Wow. We are giving her clomipramine as prescribed by the vet and having little to no effect

On 14/11/2017 at 4:24 PM, Tomas. said:

Yes and no. We got a 12'x7' dog kennel/run and she has escaped it twice by pulling the mesh off the bottom rail. Last Wednesday we were watching her on an old phone we have set up as a real time camera whole we are at work. She started going nuts around 10 so I waited till about 1030 to see if she was going to calm down but no dice. 

So I took of from work and was trying to make it home before she got out. She did get out but was thankfully still in the yard when I got there. She still is nervous of me so we had a standoff. I had to get my girlfriend to leave work to help me. As soon as she got there, Bailey started to wag her tail and greeted my girlfriend. So I know where I fall on the totem pole lol. So after we got her on a leash again I set about setting up the house and her crate so I could go back to work as well. I put 6 pad locks on the create to hold it together. It worked but when I got home there was part of a tooth on the floor and blood in her fur from biting the pad locks and crate.

Today she seems to be fine and doing nothing but sleeping in the kennel. I hope she lasts the next hour as I should be home by then

20171108_165826.jpg

20171108_165829.jpg

20171108_170033.jpg

Don't give up . Try and get things worked out :bc: could it be too much pent up energy?

On 14/11/2017 at 5:13 PM, hwytohell said:

Tomas , we rescued  female lab years ago,  she had huge issues with men plus chewing , digging, running away , bending the living shit out of two extra large dog crates. Within a year she really came around , it took some hard work on our part with lots of walks on leash , swimming , playing fetch until our arms ached, extra time with me and my late father for her to learn to trust men again. One thing the vet told us to do is to leave a radio on when we crated her ( pbs or detoilet tiger games for us )  it seemed to help her.   What ever happened to her in the first two and a half years of her life must have been something else. She gave us ten great family years. Keep at it !!

Good post!  When we rescued our rottie x I was told she didn't like men.  The day I went looking to rescue, I didn't see any dogs that would fit our niche and was ready to leave. The lady there said there was 1 dog not ready for adoption till the next day but I could see her. They said not to be surprised if she avoided me cause she was shit scares of men ,especially big men.  Well I sat in the room and she came in...she walked around me ,then sat beside me. She chose me.  Long story short, I'm still the only man she likes and she got another chance at life.  Wouldn't have it any other way 

• Like 2

We are sticking with it. The day she ran away and was gone for 23 hours before someone found her, it was the loneliest the house has ever been. But now by the looks of it we have a new problem. So I built a shitty dog house for her a two weeks ago. I mean it did the job but I built it outside at night by myself cutting sheets of plywood. Not every cut was straight lol. But she used it. But there was no insulation in it and it was starting to get cold. So a couple days later I went out and bought a sweet dog house that is made out of metal and is well insulated. She won't fucking use it. Yesterday it was minus 10*c and she layed in the snow for over 4 hours without moving. She melted the snow and ice till it was bare grass under her. When I got home she was freezing and shivering. So I brought her inside and out a heated blanket over her till she warmed up. Today I had my other half get her to go in the dog house before she left for work. When she left, the dog went and layed back in the same spot as yesterday. I would love to keep her inside all day but she seems to go a little batty when we do that. Not sure on what to do. Breaks my heart to see he freeze.

20171115_165053.jpg

20171115_164806.jpg

20171104_141755.jpg

20171031_164743.jpg

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

We are sticking with it. The day she ran away and was gone for 23 hours before someone found her, it was the loneliest the house has ever been. But now by the looks of it we have a new problem. So I built a shitty dog house for her a two weeks ago. I mean it did the job but I built it outside at night by myself cutting sheets of plywood. Not every cut was straight lol. But she used it. But there was no insulation in it and it was starting to get cold. So a couple days later I went out and bought a sweet dog house that is made out of metal and is well insulated. She won't fucking use it. Yesterday it was minus 10*c and she layed in the snow for over 4 hours without moving. She melted the snow and ice till it was bare grass under her. When I got home she was freezing and shivering. So I brought her inside and out a heated blanket over her till she warmed up. Today I had my other half get her to go in the dog house before she left for work. When she left, the dog went and layed back in the same spot as yesterday. I would love to keep her inside all day but she seems to go a little batty when we do that. Not sure on what to do. Breaks my heart to see he freeze.

20171115_165053.jpg

20171115_164806.jpg

20171104_141755.jpg

20171031_164743.jpg

Stick with her man!  She'll use that house when she is ready.  Make sure it doesn't smell weird..maybe new plastic or glue.  Throw some hay in there.  My retards would lay out in the snow and ice until all you saw were their ears sometimes.  Remember, a dogs internal temp is ab out 102 degrees...add hair and they are much warmer than you think.  She looks like a sweetheart.  It takes time for them to forget whatever they went through in the past and make your place their home.  My last one was awkward for months...and still wouldn't walk up and step, let alone stairs until the day he died.  But a great fucking dog!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

On 11/14/2017 at 5:24 PM, Tomas. said:

Yes and no. We got a 12'x7' dog kennel/run and she has escaped it twice by pulling the mesh off the bottom rail. Last Wednesday we were watching her on an old phone we have set up as a real time camera whole we are at work. She started going nuts around 10 so I waited till about 1030 to see if she was going to calm down but no dice. 

So I took of from work and was trying to make it home before she got out. She did get out but was thankfully still in the yard when I got there. She still is nervous of me so we had a standoff. I had to get my girlfriend to leave work to help me. As soon as she got there, Bailey started to wag her tail and greeted my girlfriend. So I know where I fall on the totem pole lol. So after we got her on a leash again I set about setting up the house and her crate so I could go back to work as well. I put 6 pad locks on the create to hold it together. It worked but when I got home there was part of a tooth on the floor and blood in her fur from biting the pad locks and crate.

Today she seems to be fine and doing nothing but sleeping in the kennel. I hope she lasts the next hour as I should be home by then

20171108_165826.jpg

20171108_165829.jpg

20171108_170033.jpg

metal cages are dangerous to the dog,  look on kijjji for a plastic one and don't get one too big.  we have to go plastic after ours tore up the metal one.  We also just had to get half a tooth removed as it was broken off trying to get out of something  which cost 4-500.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2017 at 11:52 AM, Tomas. said:

20171115_165053.jpg

20171115_164806.jpg

20171104_141755.jpg

20171031_164743.jpg

Crate her indoors with a few chew toys. She'll get used to it.

26 minutes ago, s pump said:

Crate her indoors with a few chew toys. She'll get used to it.

She destroys the crate. She chipped a tooth trying to get out the last time and has 0 interest in toys. But for the last 2 weeks she has been using her nice dog house and there has been no signs of escape attempts. So we are doing good now

20171125_101809.jpg

Edited by Tomas.
  • Like 3

On 11/25/2017 at 10:02 PM, Sal Rosenberg said:

Is there a pool going on the site yet for when Knawful's water is going to break :dunno:   Timeline , Odds ???   

Haha....should have known you would bring that up! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

20171213_201120.thumb.jpg.95ca03a3a3a19b49c622de0777513f7d.jpg

20171209_085040.jpg

Man, that’s a good lookin’ pup.  Hang in there with her.  She’ll come around.  I promise!

But if she starts putting up thread after thread of Anti-Trump rhetoric, you’ll know it’s over.....euthanizing is the only way left to go out with dignity.   Ohhh....if only it were that easy.  

:lol:

Wut thread is this again?

Here, my rescue pup (RIP).

5C09BC88-0367-49F6-9EE0-EF52930532C5.jpeg

• Like 2

She has been great. Still treats the wife way better than me but she has gotten better lol.

That was a very beautiful dog you had!

20171206_203111~2.jpg

Edited by Tomas.
  • Like 2

Good on you and your family Tomas for hanging in there with your pup...she is a beautiful dog and now that she is over her initial anxiety you guys will have a loyal and loving pet for years.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Picked up my daughter some new Sorel riding/winter boots for Christmas. Went to wrap them last night. Of course no tape, run to the drugstore to get tape, 20min tops. I get home to the dog sitting in the corner of his crate staring at the wall, and then see this.................................................I'm so fucking bummed, $150 pair of boots, shot..

mms_img-418998925.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1