Happy St. Patricks Day

Just now, ckf said:

Anyone doing a corned beef dinner? We are going to have ours on Monday with the inlaws.

My house stinks of corned beef and cabbage.  I don't like it.

Just now, ckf said:

I don't care for cabbage, but love corned beef.

Yeah,. Never had cabbage and kraut as a kid. When I was dating my wife her mom had me over and I was going to vomit.  I thought they hadn't taken their trash out in months.  :lol:

• Like 2

On 3/17/2017 at 6:59 AM, Skidooski said:

Yay...today is amateur day. Lots of people passed out by 4:00

I made it to 10:00 :lol: 

21 hours ago, Cold War said:

Eh,. I think people are way over thinking it. 

Take a day off and loosen up a little.  🍻

That's what I'm talking about :bc: 

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I made it to 10:00 :lol: 

That's what I'm talking about :bc: 

We are going to do Chicago next year, for something different.    Any  recommendations? Where is the place to be?

Sweet fancy Moses did I get my Flannigan on last night!  Whew!  A night filled with a little bit of everything!  My wife left me at the bar because of my "brutish behavior" and I had to call a cab....3 hours later.  She couldn't believe I didn't need to be "bailed out".

:lol:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Sweet fancy Moses did I get my Flannigan on last night!  Whew!  A night filled with a little bit of everything!  My wife left me at the bar because of my "brutish behavior" and I had to call a cab....3 hours later.  She couldn't believe I didn't need to be "bailed out".

:bc:

That's the spirit! 

Had some friends over last night, did the bar thing night before.

2 day bender ......think I'll give it a rest tonight.  Feeling rough. 

9 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

What are you looking to do or see?

Drink and hangout. We have never been for Paddy's day.  A friend was saying we should go next year, it is a big party. Green River????  Is there a certain bar that everyone try to  hang at?  Like here we have Duggans , old shilllelagh.

10 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Drink and hangout. We have never been for Paddy's day.  A friend was saying we should go next year, it is a big party. Green River????  Is there a certain bar that everyone try to  hang at?  Like here we have Duggans , old shilllelagh.

The green river thing isn't that big of deal . The South Side Irish Parade is big. You won't feel like a tourist there. It's in a Irish neighborhood ,with 15 or more bars with in walking distance . 10 or so bars on the parade route.  You could do both.:guzzle:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The green river thing isn't that big of deal . The South Side Irish Parade is big. You won't feel like a tourist there. It's in a Irish neighborhood ,with 15 or more bars with in walking distance . 10 or so bars on the parade route.  You could do both.:guzzle:

:bc:

Thanks,  sounds good. 

17 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Understandable. Booze does bring out the best of everyone. LOL

On 3/17/2017 at 9:47 AM, Skidooski said:

The only green I'll see is money and.......  :news: 

Wasn't to bad up there.  Just getting in and of of town was bad. Couldn't get into Seney, Newberry, or Grand Marais unless you wanted to ride mud and bare pavement for a couple miles. Heard it was possible to get to Shindleton for gas at the Tanglewood, but there was rain moving in last night and we just decided to pack it up and head home mid evening yesterday.  Guy at the cabins was cool about it and didn't charge me for last night. Felt bad that I wasn't staying and that meant $150 less for him.  Said he knew it was bad getting into town for gas and food.  Said he didn't blame us.  I gave him a $50 for last night anyway so it didn't sting him so bad.   

On 3/17/2017 at 0:45 PM, Zambroski said:

It still pales in comparison to Cinco de Mayo.  I've NEVER seen any Mexicans at the celebrations I've attended.  Apparently, celebrating Mexico's independence is an important holiday to hit the bars and get your drink on.    :ashamed:

Mexico should have accepted the French rule.  They'd probably be better off.  And we'd have access to some terrific French-Mexican styled (Frexican?) wine. :lol:

My wife's friend throws a Cinco de Mayo party every year. She is Mexican tho. The Mexican food at her parties is unbelievably good. 

I bet Woodtick throws an awesome Cinco de Mayo party :bc:

:news:

On 3/17/2017 at 5:44 PM, ckf said:

Anyone doing a corned beef dinner? We are going to have ours on Monday with the inlaws.

Tomorrow

• Platinum Contributing Member

A few years ago some students at the local university decided to throw a St Patrick's Day party among a group of student houses on a small street called Ezra Ave. That first year it was record high temps (around 70 degrees) and the party drew plenty. Since then it has grown every year as students from other universities come for the party.

Clip from the local news:

"We predicted about 12,000 people. We're probably in the neighbourhood of 15,000 people right now," said Brian Larkin, the chief of Waterloo regional police.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/st-patricks-day-2017-ezra-street-waterloo-1.4030196

st-patrick-s-day-ezra-street-waterloo-2017.JPG.f1e7b3dae336e9d3d390f0a2be4a612d.JPG

Best line from the article right here......lol

There was police presence, but mostly officers were there to keep students safe and discourage them from moving off private property with their alcohol – although that presented a challenge given the size of the crowd.

Edited by Blackstar

7 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Wasn't to bad up there.  Just getting in and of of town was bad. Couldn't get into Seney, Newberry, or Grand Marais unless you wanted to ride mud and bare pavement for a couple miles. Heard it was possible to get to Shindleton for gas at the Tanglewood, but there was rain moving in last night and we just decided to pack it up and head home mid evening yesterday.  Guy at the cabins was cool about it and didn't charge me for last night. Felt bad that I wasn't staying and that meant $150 less for him.  Said he knew it was bad getting into town for gas and food.  Said he didn't blame us.  I gave him a $50 for last night anyway so it didn't sting him so bad.   

My wife's friend throws a Cinco de Mayo party every year. She is Mexican tho. The Mexican food at her parties is unbelievably good. 

I bet Woodtick throws an awesome Cinco de Mayo party :bc:

:news:

Tomorrow

They are tremendous.

image.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Your wife has an exceptional taco.....bar.

You actually think we have that many friends? :lol2: and keep her taco out of this.:lmao: No cilantro ,flour tortillas filled with pulled pork. Fucking :mexico: Crackers made that shit.

Edited by Woodtick