Spring Snow Check

12 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I rode one a few weeks back and it was really nice , Vin , but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be .    :bc:

The review of the new 800 on doo talk was quite poor as well but maybe just the doo cool aide 

30 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Nice! How did the 600 run?

The 600's run awesome.  I'd recommend one if you are in the market for a new sled.  

That being said, if you get a 137" or 141", get ice scratchers right off the bat as they can run hot on the trail, unless you are running studs.  Even with studs, I'd still get them.

7 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

The review of the new 800 on doo talk was quite poor as well but maybe just the doo cool aide 

Yeah , they can't even be honest about their own chosen brand of machine , never mind anything else .    I think it's an improvement over the old engine in some way's for sure , but the one I rode had no where near the ferocity that my old shitcan Suzuki does  :bc:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'll fill out the race apps again, but I'm more the 1-2 year old carryover kind of guy.  

I'm way over due for a new sled. I have 6 sleds and one would have to go,to get a new one. I ride about 20 days give or take. The SKS has me thinking but not buying.:snack:

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

I just don't get the benefit of spring checking a sled??? :snack:

Yup.  Not anymore.  I'll probably pick up a "new to me" racer next spring if I don't land a deal this summer.  

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'll fill out the race apps again, but I'm more the 1-2 year old carryover kind of guy.  

Yup.  After these last three winters, used sleds or hold overs are too good of a deal to pass up.  

I looked at a spring order xrs. With the accessories I wanted it was over $16k. I can get a brand new 2017 Polaris switchback with all of the accessories I want for $10,600. $6k less. I can spend that on hookers. 

16 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

x2. if you have a shitty season the manufacturers knock a couple grand off part way thru it, making it an even bigger loss. 

I thought about spring ordering this year , but after reflecting back on some of the mid - late  season fire sales this season , i said screw it .   If I can find a way to get more often next season then I'll look for something then.

I just don't get the benefit of spring checking a sled??? :snack:

The 4 years of warranty is nice, when you go to trade or sell the sell after two seasons and it still has 2 years of warranty it moves fast. Plus I now have something to look forward to, kinda like getting excited for Santa :lol:  

That's the new hot sled I think. I'm a buyer with a 144 1 3/4" track for 11k.  Every set of tits has a price.......... 

The 137 works well for my off trail riding in the midwest and the provinces of ON and QC.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I thought you liked being on a lightweight sled?

The weight is very close, it's the torque larger mass of spinning engine you feel in a big bore. A week and half ago I was loving my 600 playing in the trees, it just feels so light and so easy to steer with just weight transfer on the running boards.

Next year I'll be running with all 800's in QC and fuck me if I'll be running out of gas because those assholes want to run warp speed which will require me to hold the 600 to the bar while getting 9 mpg :lol: 

57 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Nice! How did the 600 run?

Flawlessy, it's very smooth and it has nice low rpm engagement with the Team clutches.

28 minutes ago, Anler said:

Just the other day he told me he was going to get a 2017 hold over. Things change quick around here. :lol:

For an extra g note I've got the new engine, the sexy LED headlight, new body panels, and self adjusting Team clutches, plus the 4 years of warranty.