new addition

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

we lost our Samoyed in early January and got a new pup this weekend for my b-day. he's a snow lover too.

Finn3_11_17.jpg

Sorry to hear, I'm dreading that day like all pet owners and congrats on the new Sammy, cute pup. Samoyeds are awesome. What happened to your last one? Ours is gonna be 10 this summer.

006.thumb.JPG.590ff128a725a8de3269006f9234eeb5.JPG

Great looking pup Slinger.  I so want a dog, and I so don't.  We both work all day, and I'd just hate to leave a new puppy home alone all day.  My daughter just got a highland terrier and its a little mental case.  

54 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Sorry to hear, I'm dreading that day like all pet owners and congrats on the new Sammy, cute pup. Samoyeds are awesome. What happened to your last one? Ours is gonna be 10 this summer.

006.thumb.JPG.590ff128a725a8de3269006f9234eeb5.JPG

our vet, who was out of town at the time, thinks he had a stroke that affected his heart/lungs. we got back from snowmobiling one afternoon and he didn't get up to see us, which was a little odd, but not much, as he had been having some trouble with arthritis (he was 12). When we went to help him up his eyes started rolling around and he couldn't stay up. we couldn't get hold of our vet and headed to an animal ER in Syracuse. he died on the way over, with his head on my lap. on my wife's b-day. I've been having a very rough time since and we thought it best to get a new one.  I knew you had a samy as well, was wondering if he/she was still around, good to see that's still the case. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Snoslinger said:

our vet, who was out of town at the time, thinks he had a stroke that affected his heart/lungs. we got back from snowmobiling one afternoon and he didn't get up to see us, which was a little odd, but not much, as he had been having some trouble with arthritis (he was 12). When we went to help him up his eyes started rolling around and he couldn't stay up. we couldn't get hold of our vet and headed to an animal ER in Syracuse. he died on the way over, with his head on my lap. on my wife's b-day. I've been having a very rough time since and we thought it best to get a new one.  I knew you had a samy as well, was wondering if he/she was still around, good to see that's still the case. :bc:

Damn that is tough...glad this new pup will help ease the loss. :bc:

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Great looking pup Slinger.  I so want a dog, and I so don't.  We both work all day, and I'd just hate to leave a new puppy home alone all day.  My daughter just got a highland terrier and its a little mental case.  

thanks. I highly recommend these dogs to anyone. they're absolutely great family dogs, especially with kids. I usually go home for lunch so he'll get attention. it'll be liking having a new baby in the house again for a little awhile. I'm back to being awoken in the middle of the night for a bathroom break.

14 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Damn that is tough...glad this new pup will help ease the loss. :bc:

they always are. I had been fearing how it was going to end with him, as he had been a little slow and unstable for awhile. was I going to come home and find him yelping and not being able to move? would he fall over when pinching a loaf and not be able to get up? I was pretty sure we'd have to put him down soon so I like to think he went his way, peacefully, and putting no decisions on us. I thought it may be a bit early for another, but not any longer. he is definitely filling the void. :bc:

Edited by Snoslinger
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

thanks. I highly recommend these dogs to anyone. they're absolutely great family dogs, especially with kids. I usually go home for lunch so he'll get attention. it'll be liking having a new baby in the house again for a little awhile. I'm back to being awoken in the middle of the night for a bathroom break.

they always are. I had been fearing how it was going to end with him, as he had been a little slow and unstable for awhile. was I going to come home and find him yelping and not being able to move? would he fall over when pinching a loaf and not be able to get up? I was pretty sure we'd have to put him down soon so I like to think he went his way, peacefully, and putting no decisions on us. I thought it may be a bit early for another, but not any longer. he is definitely filling the void. :bc:

sucks when they go that away.  I was travelling back in 08 when my dog went down and could not get up,  wife had to get a friend to help load him in the truck for the trip to the vet to be put down.  Wife rushed into taking in a rescue that didn't work then went 3 years without.  While I sometimes would prefer to not have a dog the new one makes everyone happier.  

Loosing a pet is one of the hardest things we have to go through. That's the main reason I didn't want to get another dog. But Nicole had to have one. She fell in love with Izzy when her cousins girlfriend was sharing pics on FB from Tennessee. Now that we have her I couldn't imagine what it would be like without her. I just wish she didn't have a bad case of separation anxiety. The vet said they could put her on something for it, but we don't want a medicated dog either.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Loosing a pet is one of the hardest things we have to go through. That's the main reason I didn't want to get another dog. But Nicole had to have one. She fell in love with Izzy when her cousins girlfriend was sharing pics on FB from Tennessee. Now that we have her I couldn't imagine what it would be like without her. I just wish she didn't have a bad case of separation anxiety. The vet said they could put her on something for it, but we don't want a medicated dog either.

we have the same issue,  not bad in the winter but when the windows are open he gets over stimulated when we are gone and freaks out.  

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Retire ffs.....

Nice pup slinger! :bc:

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

we have the same issue,  not bad in the winter but when the windows are open he gets over stimulated when we are gone and freaks out.  

Izzy freaks out when we stop at a store and just one of us goes inside.

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

Man that's tough. We lost a female due to stroke or massive heart attack.  She went while I was away sleeping in her regular spot.  Like I posted earlier, we've lost four pups now.  And every damn one of them make me cry like a girl.  Love my dogs!  Good to hear many feel the same way.

Congrats on the new puppy!  I couldn't imagine spending anytime without a dog in my life.  

:bc:

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Man that's tough. We lost a female due to stroke or massive heart attack.  She went while I was away sleeping in her regular spot.  Like I posted earlier, we've lost four pups now.  And every damn one of them make me cry like a girl.  Love my dogs!  Good to hear many feel the same way.

Congrats on the new puppy!  I couldn't imagine spending anytime without a dog in my life.  

:bc:

:iagree:

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

x's a million, our Samoyed has been the best dog to date. People tend to believe that Samoyeds shed a lot which they don't, I prefer to call it clumping :lol:at times you'll notice a white clump here and there, just pick it up and throw it away, easy,peasy, japaneasy.