NHL 16/17

Been a real disappointing year. So I haven't watched much at all. Datsyuk going back to play in Russia has really hurt Detroit. And their goaltending sucks even worse this year. Needs to be some changes made in the management also.  Now that Mr. Illitch has passed, I'm sure there will be 

Longest playoff streak in ALL of professional sports is over :flush:  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Been a real disappointing year. So I haven't watched much at all. Datsyuk going back to play in Russia has really hurt Detroit. And their goaltending sucks even worse this year. Needs to be some changes made in the management also.  Now that Mr. Illitch has passed, I'm sure there will be 

Longest playoff streak in ALL of professional sports is over :flush:  

It's weird viewing them as a "C" team. About a dozen points out of a WC spot and only 20 games left.  Bizarre.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's weird viewing them as a "C" team. About a dozen points out of a WC spot and only 20 games left.  Bizarre.

They haven't missed the playoff since the year I graduated HS. Yea it sure is bizzare seeing them play so shitty. 

It's not over yet, but I don't see them winning enough and others losing to get them in.  I just don't see it happening 

7 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

They haven't missed the playoff since the year I graduated HS. Yea it sure is bizzare seeing them play so shitty. 

It's not over yet, but I don't see them winning enough and others losing to get them in.  I just don't see it happening 

Well, they've got 16 games left and I'd guess they're gonna need to win 10 of them including beating every team they play that is above them in the conference.  It's possible.  But, I'd guess those boys will be packing clubs in their bags instead of skates come May.

Sad.

1 hour ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

25 years on the line.. They just dont seem to have it this season.. sad for sure

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Well, they've got 16 games left and I'd guess they're gonna need to win 10 of them including beating every team they play that is above them in the conference.  It's possible.  But, I'd guess those boys will be packing clubs in their bags instead of skates come May.

Sad.

Not impossible, but I'm not counting on it 

2 hours ago, Trackstand said:

25 years on the line.. They just dont seem to have it this season.. sad for sure

Nope. Lots has changed.  Datsyuk leaving was a big hit offensively.  And their goaltending is putrid 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

4 minutes ago, Trackstand said:

What going on with the Mild??

How about them Hawks!!:snack:

We've lost 7 of the last 9.  We are skating around like these are throw away pond hockey games.  I couldn't even watch them and Carolina.  We've got MUCH BETTER high school hockey pick than that.  Either we shift back into full gear or we're out in the first round.  Period.

Hawks are in full swing playoff hockey training.  Well coached and prepared.  I thought this may be our year to get past them but with our complete and total breakdown over the last two weeks, it's doubtful we'll even get the chance.  And if we do, Hawks in five.

A lot of people are gonna be really pissed off about it too.  THIS IS THE FUCKING STATE OF HOCKEY!  Mediocre Pro play can take their shit to Texas again.  I'll buy season tickets to the U of M Duluth.  GREAT HOCKEY.

• Like 1

On 03/12/2017 at 6:05 PM, Zambroski said:

Sad.

Yup, 5 left.    Caught last night's game.

The Joe is a shit hole.  Be nice with the new arena. 

tmp_9393-IMG_20170324_211457848-1108338205.jpg

On 3/20/2017 at 4:42 PM, f7ben said:

The hawks are rolling .....and good thing for them. As soon as they start to unravel the United will be back to having 2900 fans per night

My biggest problem with the Hawks is their fan base.  Buncha know nothing, band wagon, loud mouth Chicago posers who wouldn't know how to tape a stick or can't figure out what "off sides" means.

:stirthepot:

19 hours ago, Trackstand said:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/senators-owner-blasts-sidney-crosby-as-whiner-wants-long-suspension-155806380.html

Crybaby should be gone for the rest of the 17 season and playoffs.. Nasty prick..

I never liked CINDY and blame him for a lot of the games "pussification" on his style of player.  Whiney little bitch that spent his highschool nights slapping biscuits against the garage wall.  Fuck that bitch!  And our worthless commissioner!

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Yeah, they'd better do some winning and quick, that stadium (or the new one) will start to dry up quick.  That area isn't really a "hot spot" anymore for hockey enthusiasts willing to go watch a team lose night after night.  Sad.  The Men's Big Ten championship playoffs were sparsely attended there.  Embarrassing.  

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'd love to go to the Joe this weekend to see the Wild embarrass the wings but I'm not popping 200 bones for a nosebleed seat

I gotta tell ya...and I hate to do so, but I'd put my money on Detroit.  The Wild have decided that riding the top of the conference for a good part of the season and setting franchise records are "good enough" for them.  I've seen better "pick-up" games being played on our local ponds than what they are doing on a sheet right now.  I don't know what happened to their game but they'd damns sure better start deciding how long they want to wait to start playing golf, cuz right now....their golf seasons will kick off in the beginning of April.

FUCKITY FUCK FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

I gotta tell ya...and I hate to do so, but I'd put my money on Detroit.  The Wild have decided that riding the top of the conference for a good part of the season and setting franchise records are "good enough" for them.  I've seen better "pick-up" games being played on our local ponds that what they are doing on a sheet right now.  I don't know what happened to their game but they'd damns sure better start deciding how long they want to wait to start playing golf, cuz right now....their golf seasons will kick off in the beginning of April.

FUCKITY FUCK FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the players .....I cant see why guys like Coyle and Nino go into coast mode but they do. At this point I am ready to dump flush the whole team aside from Granny and Zooker

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Its the players .....I cant see why guys like Coyle and Nino go into coast mode but they do. At this point I am ready to dump flush the whole team aside from Granny and Zooker

YUP!  Those two are always huntin'.  Even Koivu brings a lot to the game still.  We can trade of Parise and his REDICULOUS SALARY that i haven't seen him earn one season since he's been there.  Oh, we gotta keep Stewart too.  A "face caver" that can score?  Yes...I'll take five more please.  

Meh...lotsa free community skate going on out there in WIld uniforms.  There is too much good hockey competition in MN for some horseshit half-assing at $225 a ticket.  And it is time for the WIld to be a real contender.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

My biggest problem with the Hawks is their fan base.  Buncha know nothing, band wagon, loud mouth Chicago posers who wouldn't know how to tape a stick or can't figure out what "off sides" means.

I never liked CINDY and blame him for a lot of the games "pussification" on his style of player.  Whiney little bitch that spent his highschool nights slapping biscuits against the garage wall.  Fuck that bitch!  And our worthless commissioner!

Yeah, they'd better do some winning and quick, that stadium (or the new one) will start to dry up quick.  That area isn't really a "hot spot" anymore for hockey enthusiasts willing to go watch a team lose night after night.  Sad.  The Men's Big Ten championship playoffs were sparsely attended there.  Embarrassing.  

Still packed for a horrible season. 

Wings, Lions, Tiger fans are die hard......Win or lose. 

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

:lol:

9 hours ago, Cold War said:

Probably going to next Saturday's game vs The Queefs   Haven't been to a game in a long time 

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

That's a lot of cities , not just Shitcago 

No denying he's the best player in the NHL right now tho.

Bettman has ruined the NHL , not any of the players 

Hockey Town will always have the fans, but you're not gonna get people to pay the ridiculous prices when they aren't winning. I can stay home and watch them lose , for a lot less money than going downtown 

7 hours ago, f7ben said:

I'd love to go to the Joe this weekend to see the Wild embarrass the wings but I'm not popping 200 bones for a nosebleed seat

:lol: JLA doesn't have any nose bleed seats :lol:

You could get tickets for way cheaper than $200 if you looked 

5 hours ago, Cold War said:

Still packed for a horrible season. 

Wings, Lions, Tiger fans are die hard......Win or lose. 

Die hard yes, willing to dump hard earned $ to watch them lose, no.  I dumped my Tigers season tickets the year after they got bitch slapped by SF. No fucking way I'm blowing my money on those assholes anymore.  Not after they get owned and then some of the shitty trades they made before Dumbrowski bailed on them.  Fucking joke.   The Lions, :lol: I'd rather stay home and watch LMN with my wife :lol:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS