Lodging Recommendations near Sudbury

Ont_Rider

Not sure that the trail will be rideable to there now but I stayed at the Moonlight Inn and it was good with lots of dining options nearby. Being March break I suspect most will be full up.

17 minutes ago, Ont_Rider said:

The trail by the Moonlight is showing closed.

makes sense... it was real thin before the last warm up and rain... snirt at the time

Edited by 02sled

3 minutes ago, ZRSledhead said:

Staying at the Sportsman for three days starting tomorrow, came highly recommended.

Looked like a nice place when we got gas and eventually lunch there. They caught us off guard when they told us access to the restaurant was for registered guests only but since the dining room was basically empty at the time they relented and sold us lunch. At first I thought $120 per person for the main lodge as essentially just a place to sleep was steep until they mentioned breakfast and dinner were included.

You'll have a great time....

I ran into a couple of lodges in Quebec that now have the same kitchen policy. Seemed offside to me at first but both explained they have meal plans in place at specific times for quests which dramatically cuts down on their kitchen costs (for both staff and hydro for fryers n the such).

Yes thought price was a lil spendy until I saw breaky n dinner included, costing me a lil more because I'm single person in a room. Given how many rave about the place, suspect it's money well spent.

Last year at the Sportsman, we couldn't even get a drink.  Was empty then also.  Half-price gas made up for it though. 

One year we stayed there, and they had one dinner choice- spaghetti.  It was kind of ridiculous.  The place used to be reasonably priced, but is really inflated now.  They even used to have a hot tub in the tower, and you could drink all night in it.  We used to stay there for around $40 a night, maybe 15 years or so ago. 

15 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Last year at the Sportsman, we couldn't even get a drink.  Was empty then also.  Half-price gas made up for it though. 

One year we stayed there, and they had one dinner choice- spaghetti.  It was kind of ridiculous.  The place used to be reasonably priced, but is really inflated now.  They even used to have a hot tub in the tower, and you could drink all night in it.  We used to stay there for around $40 a night, maybe 15 years or so ago. 

I think longer.....time flies!:headshot:

Lol, yep.  Would have been around 2003-2004.  Had my last ZX then..... found a pic of my buddy unloading his then new Rev.  Taken from the tower at the Sportsman. 

We rode to Post 392 and back.  Good food as I recall there....... and Spider.  Lol

Bruce 1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZRSledhead said:

He's terrific as is his staff. Was concerned about the set food plan but grub was fantastic. 

Its a good spot for sure.

Did you run over to Windy Lake? That is IMO the best run from Sportsman.

22 minutes ago, Garth said:

Its a good spot for sure.

Did you run over to Windy Lake? That is IMO the best run from Sportsman.

No, was originally staying for at least one more day but lost riding partner to a serious family issue, next time.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 3/12/2017 at 4:05 PM, Oggy said:

Anyone know of a place to leave our trucks for a few days on the North side of Sudbury?

I know they have trailer parking at the groomer shed. Not sure what the deal is for multiple days.

On March 12, 2017 at 11:11 AM, Puzzleboy said:

Lol, yep.  Would have been around 2003-2004.  Had my last ZX then..... found a pic of my buddy unloading his then new Rev.  Taken from the tower at the Sportsman. 

We rode to Post 392 and back.  Good food as I recall there....... and Spider.  Lol

Bruce 1.jpg

Oh I thought that was my Pro Ride, looks identical to the 2003 Rev

Edited by Poncho
  • Like 1