*****Official 2017 NFL Thread****

ckf

Lots of stuff going on in the NFL recently. Here's a few of them.

Packers sign Martellus Bennett.

Saints trading Brandin Cooks to Patriots for No. 32 pick.

Marshall to Giants.

• Platinum Contributing Member

WR Terrelle Pryor leaves Cleveland and signs with The Redskins.

Houston sends overpaid and underperforming QB Brock Osweiler to Cleveland for draft picks.

QB Mike Glennon signs with The Bears.

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

The Lions still won't make it to the Super Bowl :lol::lmao:

Sorry Biggie , but I still hate em, and always will :bc:

Yeah I know you do but you're right about The Super Bowl thing...never going to make it. :hiding:

On 3/10/2017 at 7:47 PM, Biggie Smails said:

WR Terrelle Pryor leaves Cleveland and signs with The Redskins.

Houston sends overpaid and underperforming QB Brock Osweiler to Cleveland for draft picks.

QB Mike Glennon signs with The Bears.

Need a hell of alot more then that.. another year below .500 :dunno:

• 1 month later...

Phil Simms will move to CBS studio show as analyst

Simms spoke with Sports Illustrated's Richard Deitsch about the move Wednesday.

"Listen, I didn't make any comments for a lot of reasons and you want to sit there and think about it," Simms said. "Initially was my pride hurt? Absolutely. Of course it was ... So it took a little bit. Not long. I started thinking about it in a positive way and then I became excited about it.

"[CBS Sports Chairman] Sean [McManus] had talked to me over the years about maybe going into the studio. I now get to follow the league like I want to. That was probably the most frustrating thing about my job. You do one or two games a week, you can't really pay attention to the other teams like I wanted to do. When you do games, you are all-in on those games. On Inside The NFL, I get to say things about stuff that I never get to say in a broadcast."

Simms will replace Tony Gonzalez in the CBS studio, and will join James Brown, Bill Cowher, Bart Scott and Boomer Esiason.

The announcement comes two weeks after CBS signed Romo to replace Simms as the No. 1 game analyst. The ex-Dallas Cowboys quarterback usurping the lead role left Simms in temporary limbo.

Simms has been in broadcasting since retiring following the 1993 season. He had been CBS's top in-game analyst since pairing with Greg Gumble in 1998, following stints at NBC and ESPN.

People bitch about Simms but I have always liked him and he will be a good addition to the studio show....Hopefully for CBS Romo is a natural.

Edited by Biggie Smails

8 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

People bitch about Simms but I have always liked him and he will be a good addition to the studio show....Hopefully for CBS Romo is a natural.

I've never had any issues with him in the broadcast booth either.

Adrian Peterson, Saints finalize two-year contract

Adrian Peterson found a new home.

The face of the Minnesota Vikings for a decade finalized a two-year deal with the New Orleans Saints that will pay Peterson $7 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the situation. The deal included $3.5 million guaranteed in 2017. Rapoport added the Saints were the only team to formally offer a deal to Peterson this offseason.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802102/article/adrian-peterson-saints-finalize-twoyear-contract

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Heard an interesting stat this morning that the year the Saints won The Super Bowl they were 6th in the league in rushing...this is a good signing. :bc:

There was talk that Detroit was going to pick him up.  Surprised they didn't 

• Like 1

Shit, I thought I originally heard 1 year at 6 million.  Hey good for him and good for us.  He's been dead weight.  And it makes no difference if he couldn't play here or just refused to anymore.  We got a solid runner from Oakland so we'll see if that get's us a ground game to get us to a 9-7 season and a first round booting from the play-offs.

In, MN....our Super Bowl/Stanley Cup is just making it to round TWO in anything.  WIN!

#MinnesotaProSportsSuck

44 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Shit, I thought I originally heard 1 year at 6 million.  Hey good for him and good for us.  He's been dead weight.  And it makes no difference if he couldn't play here or just refused to anymore.  We got a solid runner from Oakland so we'll see if that get's us a ground game to get us to a 9-7 season and a first round booting from the play-offs.

In, MN....our Super Bowl/Stanley Cup is just making it to round TWO in anything.  WIN!

#MinnesotaProSportsSuck

:fuckyou::finger:

Just read this on Twitter.

NEWS. It's official. Jay Cutler has been hired by @nflonfox . Will join Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis in the booth this season.

12 minutes ago, ckf said:

Just read this on Twitter.

NEWS. It's official. Jay Cutler has been hired by @nflonfox . Will join Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis in the booth this season.

Well that should be interesting.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

He was a talented QB, but a terrible team leader.

I know and he always seemed sour on the sidelines....apparently he isn't like that all the time or Fox wouldn't have hired him.