Trump keeps claiming he's created U.S. jobs since Election Day. Not so.

Trump keeps claiming he's created U.S. jobs since Election Day. Not so.

Fact Checker Analysis

By Michelle Ye Hee Lee March 10 at 3:00 AM

President Trump claimed undue credit for ExxonMobil’s investment announcement — the latest example of the new president’s now-predictable formula: A company announces a U.S. jobs plan that predates Trump’s presidency. The company gives a nod to Trump’s anti-regulation policies. Trump then takes credit for bringing jobs back to the United States. Repeat.

Among the many problems with this exercise is that hiring pledges aren’t binding. Plans change, and the jobs don’t always come to fruition.

For example, in 2013, Foxconn announced it would create 500 jobs at a new high-tech factory in central Pennsylvania. The factory was never built, and the jobs never came, The Washington Post’s Todd Frankel reported. Yet the company recently announced a plan to invest $7 billion and hire up to 50,000 workers — a plan that Trump then touted.

We took a look at ExxonMobil’s investment program, and a host of other corporate decisions that Trump falsely touts as a fulfillment of his promise to bring jobs back to the United States. We’ll keep a running tally, and update the list as necessary.

Full article
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/03/10/trump-keeps-claiming-hes-created-u-s-jobs-since-election-day-not-so/?utm_term=.460a7041b407&wpisrc=nl_politics&wpmm=1

For the resident liberal retards. From their favorite source...

President Trump's first full month was a big one for jobs.

The U.S. economy added a robust 235,000 jobs in February, the Labor Department said Friday.

The unemployment rate ticked down to 4.7% from 4.8% in the previous month. It's a vast improvement from 2009, when unemployment peaked at 10% after the financial crisis.

"The U.S. economy is doing very very well at the moment," says Jeremy Cook, chief economist at World First, a foreign exchange firm.

Economists say it will be a challenge for Trump to fulfill his promise to create 25 million jobs over the next 10 years. The unemployment rate is already very low, and many Baby Boomers have either retired or left the job market.

At least in his first full month, though, Trump is on pace to fulfill that promise.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/10/news/economy/february-jobs-report/

44 minutes ago, JEFF said:

The U.S. economy added a robust 235,000 jobs in February, the Labor Department said Friday.

The unemployment rate ticked down to 4.7% from 4.8% in the previous month. It's a vast improvement from 2009, when unemployment peaked at 10% after the financial crisis.

"The U.S. economy is doing very very well at the moment," says Jeremy Cook, chief economist at World First, a foreign exchange firm.

Economists say it will be a challenge for Trump to fulfill his promise to create 25 million jobs over the next 10 years. The unemployment rate is already very low, and many Baby Boomers have either retired or left the job market.

At least in his first full month, though, Trump is on pace to fulfill that promise.

that is good news. hopefully it'll put some pressure on employers to raise wages. unemployment is at 2.7% in my community and wages still suck shit. 

Edited by spin_dry

58 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Now back this up and have Obama as president and pick it apart like you would for Obama. :lol: Fake News! 

21 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

that is good news. hopefully it'll put some pressure on employers to raise wages. unemployment is at 2.7% in my community and wages still suck shit. 

I completely agree with you on that.

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Now back this up and have Obama as president and pick it apart like you would for Obama. :lol: Fake News! 

Back it up? It's friggin CNN. Like they're going to try and make thing look better than they are...

Just now, JEFF said:

Back it up? It's friggin CNN. Like they're going to try and make thing look better than they are...

So now you guys believe CNN? Whenever positive job reports came out for Obama for like 80 months they were always questioned and being dishonest. not so anymore. Just saying. I believe there is strong growth right now because I am seeing it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

So now you guys believe CNN? Whenever positive job reports came out for Obama for like 80 months they were always questioned and being dishonest. not so anymore. Just saying. I believe there is strong growth right now because I am seeing it. 

No. I think the numbers will turn up better than CNN reported. They are and will always be lying sacks of shit.

25 minutes ago, JEFF said:

No. I think the numbers will turn up better than CNN reported. They are and will always be lying sacks of shit.

So now the numbers are being reported the other way? Fucking hilarious! :lol: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

So now the numbers are being reported the other way? Fucking hilarious! :lol: 

You think they have any interest in reporting the truth? With no political bias?? That's hilarious! Give your head a shake...

2 minutes ago, JEFF said:

You think they have any interest in reporting the truth? With no political bias?? That's hilarious! Give your head a shake...

Who CNN or the govt? I think the numbers are the numbers. If the govt published those numbers and CNN reports it i would have to believe it. No? 

56 minutes ago, Anler said:

I brought this up in another thread, the numbers always lied, and now suddenly they are legit. What changed?

• Like 2

The gov reports the number. All of the "opinion" in the news piece is subject to political bias. You ever notice that the numbers that the government publishes are usually revised down the road?

Just now, 1jkw said:

I brought this up in another thread, the numbers always lied, and now suddenly they are legit. What changed?

You are a fucking clown these are the government numbers released on Fridays like always the other ones were a different source that you tied to say were  not but like always you are a liar :finger3:and a fucking complete idiot 

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

You are a fucking clown these are the government numbers released on Fridays like always the other ones were a different source that you tied to say were  not but like always you are a liar :finger3:and a fucking complete idiot 

You are the fucking idiot, the same reporting agency you posted, posted the numbers for November at 250,000 and not a fucking peep all of a sudden these numbers are legit. What changed?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JEFF said:

The gov reports the number. All of the "opinion" in the news piece is subject to political bias. You ever notice that the numbers that the government publishes are usually revised down the road?

And they have been revised up as well, not as often but they have.

9 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Oh no, they are NOT legit. They are too low. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

You are the fucking idiot, the same reporting agency you posted, posted the numbers for November at 250,000 and not a fucking peep all of a sudden these numbers are legit. What changed?

Trump is president now. Thats what changed. momo is the biggest fucking idiot on this site and he doesnt even live in this country. We need to build a fucking wall and an electronic shield to isolate us from all of these canadian assholes. 

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

:bullshit: Fuck you are a lying sack of FUCK stop with the :lies:take your ignorance and :fuckoff: you are :wrong:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Trump is president now. Thats what changed. momo is the biggest fucking idiot on this site and he doesnt even live in this country. We need to build a fucking wall and an electronic shield to isolate us from all of these canadian assholes. 

8843d4a3734c822ad412293fe1376c0e.jpg Post what? :finger3: