Conservatives in Michigan gave drug tests to welfare recipients. None of them failed.

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I used to be an alcoholic, until I went on the welfare...............BOOM!

Cured, just like that.

There is something naturally euphoric about sitting on your ass while someone else picks up the bill.

I never knew you were a drunk till I seen you sober..lol.

9 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Sad thing is ...is that the  kids prolly pay the price for their parents using drugs.

now if you bust the parents and take away the welfare what happens to those said kids I ask?

Probably????

Show me an abused child and ill show you a kid with a parent with a substance abuse  problem.

It goes hand in hand.

Just now, Cold War said:

Probably????

Show me an abused child and ill show you a kid with a parent with a substance abuse  problem.

It goes hand in hand.

Oh I know..i'm a real softy when it comes to kids..

But it happens to family's with money also...kids always pay.

They love to say use the numbers comparing the number of people on welfare to the number of people who tested positive.  Yet most of the articles purposely leave out the number of recipients who were actually tested.

Here is an example:

"Thirty-seven of 16,017 applicants for the Families First cash assistance program between July and December tested positive for illegal substances, according to the Department of Human Services.

Another 81 lost their chance to receive benefits because they discontinued the application process at some point between the time they were required to fill out a three-item drug screening questionnaire and completing their application."

NEWSFLASH, they didn't test 16,000 applicants. 37 tested positive and another 81 didn't show up.  Where did they list the total number tested? 

I want to take up some band width to say something I feel strongly about.

I think we all love our country.

I think we all want the best for everybody.

That said there seems to be two main ways to get there..

the old fashioned way...the right side.

And the new fashion way ..the left.

That has divided the country so much that not much can get done to solve anything.

We need to come together somehow so we can get chit done.

Or are there no answers?

Edited by Capt.Storm

38 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Fact of the matter is you need to look at total #'s of recipients before and after the law was implemented to see if it has had an impact on the total # of people collecting.

The ones taking the test will be drug free or else they are total morons.

Common sense prevails,  Unless you are snowbeavis.

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, racer254 said:

They love to say use the numbers comparing the number of people on welfare to the number of people who tested positive.  Yet most of the articles purposely leave out the number of recipients who were actually tested.

Here is an example:

"Thirty-seven of 16,017 applicants for the Families First cash assistance program between July and December tested positive for illegal substances, according to the Department of Human Services.

Another 81 lost their chance to receive benefits because they discontinued the application process at some point between the time they were required to fill out a three-item drug screening questionnaire and completing their application."

NEWSFLASH, they didn't test 16,000 applicants. 37 tested positive and another 81 didn't show up.  Where did they list the total number tested? 

:nuts: Are all applicants tested? :lol: 

20 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:nuts: Are all applicants tested? :lol: 

You're hopeless charlie brown.  Completely hopeless.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND:

Many of the news articles that have been written about welfare drug testing have cited extremely low rates of positive test results as evidence showing the ineffectiveness of drug testing programs. However, those articles typically arrived at their figures by counting all of the individuals who went through the paper screening process rather than the number who actually took drug tests. If we look at the number of positive test results as a percentage of people who actually take drug tests, the percentage of positive tests results increases substantially.

Edited by racer254

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You're hopeless charlie brown.  Completely hopeless.

:lol2:You're to God damn dumb to understand the testing has yielded a very low percentage of positive results and costs more than it saves.  Once again - you've been :owned::lol:  

Just now, SnowRider said:

:lol2:You're to God damn dumb to understand the testing has yielded a very low percentage of positive results and costs more than it saves.  Once again - you've been :owned::lol:  

DO YOU UNDERSTAND:

Many of the news articles that have been written about welfare drug testing have cited extremely low rates of positive test results as evidence showing the ineffectiveness of drug testing programs. However, those articles typically arrived at their figures by counting all of the individuals who went through the paper screening process rather than the number who actually took drug tests. If we look at the number of positive test results as a percentage of people who actually take drug tests, the percentage of positive tests results increases substantially.

Just now, SnowRider said:

And you're ok with food stamps buying lobster right?

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

DO YOU UNDERSTAND:

:nuts: 

2012, an evaluation of the program had startling results: After three years and 87,000 screenings, only one person had failed the drug test, with huge costs for the state, which saved a few hundred dollars by denying benefits, compared to the hundreds of thousands spent to conduct the tests.

1 in 87,000 SCREENINGS..... :lol: 
Edited by SnowRider

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

:nuts: 

2012, an evaluation of the program had startling results: After three years and 87,000 screenings, only one person had failed the drug test, with huge costs for the state, which saved a few hundred dollars by denying benefits, compared to the hundreds of thousands spent to conduct the tests.

1 in 87,000 SCREENINGS..... :lol: 

So only one dumbass showed up that had drugs in their system..the rest stayed home..the smart ones.

Yo - you stupid fucks should produce results showing a high percentage of positive tests that ultimately save the states money. :lol:  Where are they? :lmao:  

There are special Ed classrooms with more intelligence than most of you one here :lmao: 

Edited by SnowRider

9 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Yo - you stupid fucks should produce results showing a high percentage of positive tests that ultimately save the states money. :lol:  Where are they? :lmao:  

There are special Ed classrooms with more intelligence than most of you one here :lmao: 

Hey..you ok with welfare people eating lobster and top sirloin ?

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

Hey..you ok with welfare people eating lobster and top sirloin ?

I DGAF what they eat.  Given the amount they receive - it's a rarity except in the minds of right wing fuckheads. 

6 hours ago, SnowRider said:

:nuts: Then why are we wasting money and resources on drug testing them? :lol: 

Another example of the R's demonizing those who have very little while being big pussies and afraid to speak truth to power.  R's are pussies :bc: 

Another example of a libtard the will do anything t defend the lefts base voters ,, illegals felons  and dead voters

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

No. I really dont care what they buy. If they want to spend it all on lobster thats fine with me.

Another liberal  taxdodger unconcernerd about waste and fraud .

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Shall I post the 5 others from different media sources and states?

All of them from DUh underground and Salon?

On 6/24/2016 at 7:44 PM, Sleepr2 said:

Another example of a libtard the will do anything t defend the lefts base voters ,, illegals felons  and dead voters

Another liberal  taxdodger unconcernerd about waste and fraud .

All of them from DUh underground and Salon?

Pathetic