odot1

PERSONAL opinions of an OPP SAVE officer

34 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Hey man, another question...lol.  Can my 9 year old daughter go on the back of my Harley? She can touch the foot pegs.  I seem to remember a guy in Barrie or somethin getting charged with child endangerment.   I would actually like to put her in front of me for the 1st ride to be honest, like when I was a kid.

Was that not involving a guy that was going thru a divorce & it was the soon to be ex that filed the complaint?

44 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Hey man, another question...lol.  Can my 9 year old daughter go on the back of my Harley? She can touch the foot pegs.  I seem to remember a guy in Barrie or somethin getting charged with child endangerment.   I would actually like to put her in front of me for the 1st ride to be honest, like when I was a kid.

There is no specific age limit as long as she is secure with proper helmet.  The tank could be considered "crowding the driver" by a more...umm...strict copper.   

18 hours ago, revrnd said:

Was that not involving a guy that was going thru a divorce & it was the soon to be ex that filed the complaint?

I'm not sure.

18 hours ago, odot1 said:

There is no specific age limit as long as she is secure with proper helmet.  The tank could be considered "crowding the driver" by a more...umm...strict copper.   

Ok, thanks again!  I wish my wife would "crowd the driver" once in a while haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

I'm not sure.

Ok, thanks again!  I wish my wife would "crowd the driver" once in a while haha

Lmfao!!! 

Question, does distracted driving apply to boating?   In particular, using a cell phone?

1 hour ago, Fluffy said:

Question, does distracted driving apply to boating?   In particular, using a cell phone?

First... to clear things up. There is no actual "distracted driving" charge.  Its the fancy catch all name for using phones, eating, reading etc...  anything that removes your focus from the rd. 

Now...for the actual question. No, no such charge.  There is a careless boating offence as well as failing to keep a proper watch.