PERSONAL opinions of an OPP SAVE officer

odot1

4 minutes ago, mxzx121 said:

My son is 9 and has a Ovation.  If the sled has license and insurance can he drive it on the lake?

As long as he is not on a trail or roadway he may drive the sled.  I'd check with your insurance to see if they will honour coverage however.

Sean

11 minutes ago, pissedoff said:

Are you sure I thought someone under 12 years old  can drive on private property ,a lake is public property.

Nobody can drive on private property without permission.  A kid (under 12) can ride on Crown land so long as an adult has them in their sights.

Edited by ArcticCrusher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pissedoff said:

Are you sure I thought someone under 12 years old  can drive on private property ,a lake is public property.

Yes I'm sure.  You do have to be at least 12 to get an MSV licence and ride trails. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sean, While having breakfast with our riding group this morning, it was mentioned that there are some new laws out regarding sledding, basically  if we got caught going 50kph over the speed limit on our sleds, we could be charged with careless driving and the sled could be impounded, and our license could be suspended.

IS all of this true, I can see the fine, but all the other stuff ? I sure hope not. LOL

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Hi Sean, While having breakfast with our riding group this morning, it was mentioned that there are some new laws out regarding sledding, basically  if we got caught going 50kph over the speed limit on our sleds, we could be charged with careless driving and the sled could be impounded, and our license could be suspended.

IS all of this true, I can see the fine, but all the other stuff ? I sure hope not. LOL

Ahhh....  where to begin on this??  Friends and rumours, eh?  Reminds of the old trailer hitch rumour. 

Firstly.   No new laws.  Secondly: a careless charge COULD be laid but that is simply a fine.  No suspensions, seizures etc.  

The bad news? When the stunt driving (50 over law) came out it included sleds BUT ONLY IN VERY SPECIFIC CONDITIONS.  You'd have to be traveling on the road and traveling above the legal sled limit.  IE say riding along an 80km/hr hwy you are limited to 50km/h.  So technically if you are riding at 100km/h or above you could theoretically be charged under that law and lose your sled and  licence for 7 days.  I've only ever heard of this once.  And it was a bad combo of a overly eager/strict (other descriptive words) cop and equally stubborn, non friendly sledder...  

Long story short...  you're friends owe you a few drinks!  I'm partial to rye and ginger... just sayin...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, odot1 said:

Ahhh....  where to begin on this??  Friends and rumours, eh?  Reminds of the old trailer hitch rumour. 

Firstly.   No new laws.  Secondly: a careless charge COULD be laid but that is simply a fine.  No suspensions, seizures etc.  

The bad news? When the stunt driving (50 over law) came out it included sleds BUT ONLY IN VERY SPECIFIC CONDITIONS.  You'd have to be traveling on the road and traveling above the legal sled limit.  IE say riding along an 80km/hr hwy you are limited to 50km/h.  So technically if you are riding at 100km/h or above you could theoretically be charged under that law and lose your sled and  licence for 7 days.  I've only ever heard of this once.  And it was a bad combo of a overly eager/strict (other descriptive words) cop and equally stubborn, non friendly sledder...  

Long story short...  you're friends owe you a few drinks!  I'm partial to rye and ginger... just sayin...

Hi Sean, Thanks for getting back to me .

That,s why I ask you this stuff, so we can put rumors to bed quickly.

Awesome, guess I can go ahead and price out a new Yamaha Sidewinder. LOL

And if I ever get the chance to meet up with you, I will get you that rye and ginger, but I might have to sneak into the bush to mix it up for you. LOL

Edited by Frostynuts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, odot1 said:

I was thinking the same when I read the post.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I say away from CE part of the forum. Ben can get a little--well nee deep into a 30 of Coors--you know the answer.

Have you considered asking the Admins of ONTARIO CONDITIONS. COM for a thread similar to this one. No bashing,mostly good information.I personally would like to see you over there.

Say hi to Rubert,he must be your best bud with all the time you had off.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gtserider said:

I say away from CE part of the forum. Ben can get a little--well nee deep into a 30 of Coors--you know the answer.

Have you considered asking the Admins of ONTARIO CONDITIONS. COM for a thread similar to this one. No bashing,mostly good information.I personally would like to see you over there.

Say hi to Rubert,he must be your best bud with all the time you had off.

Yeah...  Rupe is gonna miss when I'm allowed back to work!!!  Haven't looked at that site but will check it out.  It's easy to keep up while off work.  Two sites may be difficult when I return to duty again.  

AS for Ben...  meh..  deal with his type all the time.  I never take it personally and its kinda fun to watch him spin and spout the same rhetoric he does in every single post.  

:bc:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, odot1 said:

Yeah...  Rupe is gonna miss when I'm allowed back to work!!!  Haven't looked at that site but will check it out.  It's easy to keep up while off work.  Two sites may be difficult when I return to duty again.  

AS for Ben...  meh..  deal with his type all the time.  I never take it personally and its kinda fun to watch him spin and spout the same rhetoric he does in every single post.  

:bc:

OC is really Ontario focused,no bullshit. You might even get trail conditions before you go out. that's how good it is.Not one single post on Trump or your employer all snowmachineing stuff.If time is a concern I would give up on FS and make some new friends on OC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

Fuck oc. No freedom 

And no soul I might add.

Also too many threads full of wankers stroking each other virtually non-stop over the great wisdom and benevolence of the OFSC.

Sorry for the thread hijack Sean. 

9 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

Fuck oc. No freedom 

OC is OK, humdrum and boring though.

1 hour ago, Pete Z said:

And no soul I might add.

Also too many threads full of wankers stroking each other virtually non-stop over the great wisdom and benevolence of the OFSC.

Sorry for the thread hijack Sean. 

02 gets way to many likes over there for it to be considered normal.:lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Admin and Mods at OC post and give away personal information 

OC also has a "Special" Forum page for only certain people. Just like a "He-Mans Woman Haters Club" that the Little Rascals had. 

They talk and make fun of the people who are not in the "Club". 

Been there, done that.

46 minutes ago, Algonquin Rider said:

OC also has a "Special" Forum page for only certain people. Just like a "He-Mans Woman Haters Club" that the Little Rascals had. 

They talk and make fun of the people who are not in the "Club". 

Been there, done that.

That's seriously effed up.

50 minutes ago, 02sled said:

got a link to an example...

not going to get into it as everyone knows where my info came from so I am not going to drag a member here and his buddies over the coals.

running a site and being a moderator gives you much information,  honorable people keep it to themselves.    Douche bags don't

I have more class then all of them do 

You are welcome to keep joining their circle jerk when you post about this tonight 

Sorry Sean 

Edited by 1trailmaker