Republican Plan to replace ACA

On 3/8/2017 at 6:43 PM, Anler said:

The best diet is a raw food diet. It has the most health benefits. Eating meat in moderation. However GMOs are not required to disclose or minimal disclosure. Most GMOs need round up or other pesticides/herbicides to fully mature. It's part of the patent. Just know that you are cool eating that without them having to tell you. 

And watch some of those videos on how our meat is raised. Pretty fucking gross. Hormones, antibiotics, salmonella, ecoli, in disgusting conditions. Also genetically modified species are coming to play. And not for healthier options...

How about we quit blaming each other for being fat and sick and blame the mother fuckers who are doing it to us?

Hey Momo, just stop already.:lol:What a line of untruthful horseshit.

26 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

it did give millions of people healthcare that never had it before. they discovered improvement in quality of life. that's huge politically. the GOP won't be able to erase it. 

those people would never vote GOP regardless . the people voting GOP for the most part saw huge increases in there health insurance cost.

especially in states like MN    

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

those people would never vote GOP regardless . the people voting GOP for the most part saw huge increases in there health insurance cost.

especially in states like MN    

Really not true, many of NEPA Trump voters get their insurance through the market place, you can say rates went up faster or by a larger percentage since the ACA but rates were rising for years well before ACA.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Really not true, many of NEPA Trump voters get their insurance through the market place, you can say rates went up faster or by a larger percentage since the ACA but rates were rising for years well before ACA.

well my personal experience was my coverage went to the moon with in 2 yrs of the NON ACA bill

Just now, Ez ryder said:

well my personal experience was my coverage went to the moon with in 2 yrs of the NON ACA bill

For sure it raised rates at a higher percentage for many, the unknown is how much compared if ACA wasn't started.

Wheat harvest protocol in the United States is to drench the wheat fields with Roundup several days before the combine harvesters work through the fields as withered, dead wheat plants are less taxing on the farm equipment and allows for an earlier, easier and bigger harvest 

Pre-harvest application of the herbicide Roundup or other herbicides containing the deadly active ingredient glyphosate to wheat and barley as a desiccant was suggested as early as 1980.  It has since become routine over the past 15 years and is used as a drying agent 7-10 days before harvest within the conventional farming community.

wheat graph 2According to Dr. Stephanie Seneff of MIT who has studied the issue in depth and who I recently saw present on the subject at a nutritional Conference in Indianapolis, desiccating non-organic wheat crops with glyphosate just before harvest came into vogue late in the 1990′s with the result that most of the non-organic wheat in the United States is now contaminated with it.  Seneff explains that when you expose wheat to a toxic chemical like glyphosate, it actually releases more seeds resulting in a slightly greater yield:   “It ‘goes to seed’ as it dies. At its last gasp, it releases the seed” says Dr. Seneff.

According to the US Department of Agriculture, as of 2012, 99% of durum wheat, 97% of spring wheat, and 61% of winter wheat has been treated with herbicides. This is an increase from 88% for durum wheat, 91% for spring wheat and 47% for winter wheat since 1998.

"when you expose wheat to a toxic chemical like glyphosate, it actually realeases more seeds resulting in a slightly greater yield".

ok Analer, i'm not one to agree with desication of crops for ease of harvest, but the bold?  C'mon man, don't lap this shit up for something it is not.  The plant doesn't release any more seeds because of glyphosate application.  All the seeds on the plant are "releasable" long before the application of round-up.  The seeds come off easy, it's the fact that the machine isn't designed to run the green vegetation through without an act of congress.  Glyphosate is applied to "finish off" the plant so the moisture of the stem and leaves dry up and go through the machine.  It doesn't make more seed, therefore there's no more seed to be "released".

I don't know enough of the science behind it to convince you it's perfectly safe, or toxically hazardess.  I'm just telling you the bold is bullshit and misleading. The first sentence with the word "drench" just have been the tip-off.

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

and u can have all that shit living on the family farm only eating what u grow and raise .

are u saying those things don't exist in Amish community's

Amish have a whole plethora of problems due to their relatively closed gene pool.

3 hours ago, Cold War said:

Going on two weeks, I'll let you know how it works out.  So far, I can say a lot of the digestive problems I was having have gone away.   Is it going to cure my massive inflammation , high cholesterol, arthritis, remains to be seen.

I've done it for a month. But you should try quitting dairy. Big difference. I've cut way down on that ever since. I have a damaged liver so wheat has been on my avoid list for a while. 

10 hours ago, Anler said:

I've done it for a month. But you should try quitting dairy. Big difference. I've cut way down on that ever since. I have a damaged liver so wheat has been on my avoid list for a while. 

I am eating zero grain.  No bread, pasta , Beer.  I don't think I can give any more up.  :lol: 

15 hours ago, Cold War said:

Going on two weeks, I'll let you know how it works out.  So far, I can say a lot of the digestive problems I was having have gone away.   Is it going to cure my massive inflammation , high cholesterol, arthritis, remains to be seen.

inflammation is the killer. the medical profession has people pumped full of all types of drugs that remedy symptoms rather than the patient adapting a new lifestyle of healthy eating. the average american diet is disgusting. it's amazing how shitty the typical diet makes you feel. but you don't know it until you start eating healthy. good for you!  feeling good is great. 

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

I am eating zero grain.  No bread, pasta , Beer.  I don't think I can give any more up.  :lol: 

Its hard. We did a biggest loser contest last year for 21 days. No grains, no dairy, no sugar, no alcohol... Man you will go insane if you smell fresh baked bread while you are on that. I really noticed a difference in my sinuses from giving up the dairy. Was a bit of an eye opener. 

36 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

inflammation is the killer. the medical profession has people pumped full of all types of drugs that remedy symptoms rather than the patient adapting a new lifestyle of healthy eating. the average american diet is disgusting. it's amazing how shitty the typical diet makes you feel. but you don't know it until you start eating healthy. good for you!  feeling good is great. 

I do a vegetable juice every morning now. Its really amazing how it makes you feel. i am kind of addicted to it now. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

I do a vegetable juice every morning now. Its really amazing how it makes you feel. i am kind of addicted to it now. 

like a V8 or make your own with a juicer??

33 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Exactly how it was explained to me.   :bc: 

I was eating anti-acids like candy and after a week, I'm off them. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Its hard. We did a biggest loser contest last year for 21 days. No grains, no dairy, no sugar, no alcohol... Man you will go insane if you smell fresh baked bread while you are on that. I really noticed a difference in my sinuses from giving up the dairy. Was a bit of an eye opener. 

LOL,  It is toughing watching your buddies chow down on burgers and pizza while you are eating a salad.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

i've been doing an intermittent fast for the last week. i only eat between noon and 6pm. it's a good way to give the digestive tract a break without a full fast. usually i have a mega protein shake every morning. 75g or protein isolate, handful of kale, half cup of blue berries and strawberries. it's low glycemic and makes me feel like fucking superman. a mid morning apple gets me over the hump until noon. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

i've been doing an intermittent fast for the last week. i only eat between noon and 6pm. it's a good way to give the digestive tract a break without a full fast. usually i have a mega protein shake every morning. 75g or protein isolate, handful of kale, half cup of blue berries and strawberries. it's low glycemic and makes me feel like fucking superman. a mid morning apple gets me over the hump until noon. 

Yeah its really good stuff. I have also learned recently that we dont really need as much protein as we think. I have reduced my meat intake by quite a bit. Eating more fresh vegetables and less grains. Trying to eliminate dairy but not going to happen entirely. I fucking shit like a champion now. :bc::lol: 

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

i purchased a bread maker and make my own whole wheat bread. i eat it in moderation. it's so fucking good. low in carbs and high in protein. absolutely no preservatives. it took a little while to get the recipe right. i add nuts and honey to jazz it up a bit. 

Just now, Anler said:

Yeah its really good stuff. I have also learned recently that we dont really need as much protein as we think. I have reduced my meat intake by quite a bit. Eating more fresh vegetables and less grains. Trying to eliminate dairy but not going to happen entirely. I fucking shit like a champion now. :bc::lol: 

my work out routine requires 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day. but you're right, excess protein is a waste. but it does help curb my appetite. i started a healthy lifestyle at 47. i just turned 57. i feel great. i look at a lot of other guys my age and their joints are shot and they look horrible. it's all diet. 

15 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I became an administrator in 2001. Since that time i have seen health insurance premiums go up over 500%. The last 2 years were definitely double digit increases but I have seen that before. In the early 2000's we actually had meetings over how we were going to adjust for the massive increase in costs. 

14 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

my work out routine requires 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day. but you're right, excess protein is a waste. but it does help curb my appetite. i started a healthy lifestyle at 47. i just turned 57. i feel great. i look at a lot of other guys my age and their joints are shot and they look horrible. it's all diet. 

Yeah i wish i did this 10 years ago. But better late than never. :bc: 

20 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

i purchased a bread maker and make my own whole wheat bread. i eat it in moderation. it's so fucking good. low in carbs and high in protein. absolutely no preservatives. it took a little while to get the recipe right. i add nuts and honey to jazz it up a bit. 

See wheat is a nono for my liver issues. But then there is this. What are you buying? 

Common wheat harvest protocol in the United States is to drench the wheat fields with Roundup several days before the combine harvesters work through the fields as the practice allows for an earlier, easier and bigger harvest.

Pre-harvest application of the herbicide Roundup or other herbicides containing the deadly active ingredient glyphosate to wheat and barley as a desiccant was suggested as early as 1980.  It has since become routine over the past 15 years and is used as a drying agent 7-10 days before harvest within the conventional farming community.USDA pesticides applied to wheat

According to Dr. Stephanie Seneff of MIT who has studied the issue in depth and who I recently saw present on the subject at a nutritional Conference in Indianapolis, desiccating non-organic wheat crops with glyphosate just before harvest came into vogue late in the 1990’s with the result that most of the non-organic wheat in the United States is now contaminated with it.  Seneff explains that when you expose wheat to a toxic chemical like glyphosate, it actually releases more seeds resulting in a slightly greater yield:   “It ‘goes to seed’ as it dies. At its last gasp, it releases the seed” says Dr. Seneff.

According to the US Department of Agriculture, as of 2012, 99% of durum wheat, 97% of spring wheat, and 61% of winter wheat has been treated with herbicides. This is an increase from 88% for durum wheat, 91% for spring wheat and 47% for winter wheat since 1998.

Just now, Anler said:

See wheat is a nono for my liver issues. But then there is this. What are you buying? 

Common wheat harvest protocol in the United States is to drench the wheat fields with Roundup several days before the combine harvesters work through the fields as the practice allows for an earlier, easier and bigger harvest.

Pre-harvest application of the herbicide Roundup or other herbicides containing the deadly active ingredient glyphosate to wheat and barley as a desiccant was suggested as early as 1980.  It has since become routine over the past 15 years and is used as a drying agent 7-10 days before harvest within the conventional farming community.USDA pesticides applied to wheat

According to Dr. Stephanie Seneff of MIT who has studied the issue in depth and who I recently saw present on the subject at a nutritional Conference in Indianapolis, desiccating non-organic wheat crops with glyphosate just before harvest came into vogue late in the 1990’s with the result that most of the non-organic wheat in the United States is now contaminated with it.  Seneff explains that when you expose wheat to a toxic chemical like glyphosate, it actually releases more seeds resulting in a slightly greater yield:   “It ‘goes to seed’ as it dies. At its last gasp, it releases the seed” says Dr. Seneff.

the whole wheat flour i purchase is organic. it's locally sourced and sold though a community food distribution center. the cost is higher. but its my health and my money. 

14 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

the whole wheat flour i purchase is organic. it's locally sourced and sold though a community food distribution center. the cost is higher. but its my health and my money. 

I hear that. :bc: