FS Vintage Sled Thread

• 5 months later...

I grew up on the 90's so that's the old sleds that I'm interested in as far as having an old vintage type sled.  I'm looking to get into a nice Jag Z when I find the right one.  A Jag special would be cool because it was first year but I like the black tunnel that was on the Z.

• 2 weeks later...

Vermont's current governor Phil Scott once raced at the top level of oval ice racing, competing against the likes of the Villeneuve's 

DE240091-7605-4EF1-B3AF-4EFDDFC46768.jpeg.5f66f9c1073b2c7194ba19e1fe22ccfe.jpeg

I once had a MotoSki, but it didn’t run long enough to race

389C7F3D-5ACB-471A-8C4F-C402627AAE3E.thumb.jpeg.94d1ccfc7ac4fb61a27054383a9beac2.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Mikuni rectangle fuel pump rebuild kit via Cat: $33.95.  Via the Denny Kirk: $3.98.

If Cat has them.  Worked on a real nice 95 Thundercat that needed fuel pumps.  No rebuild kits available or fuel pumps.  Any manufacture now most dealers don't want to work on older sleds and no parts available from the manufacturers.

16 minutes ago, Doug said:

If Cat has them.  Worked on a real nice 95 Thundercat that needed fuel pumps.  No rebuild kits available or fuel pumps.  Any manufacture now most dealers don't want to work on older sleds and no parts available from the manufacturers.

This is for the almighty TRAILCAT!

On 12/29/2020 at 8:56 AM, mnstang said:

Another cougar popped up and it's right on my way up north that I will be going up Thursday morning and the guy says he'll be around...

This sled was gone less than 24 hours after being posted.  It was a nice one too only 1900 miles and looked mint.

Oh well I sold one of my sleds last night so I'm really freed up to pounce on something if I see it.

But I got to ride the old Jag today when I went out to set traps so that was a treat.  Forget how nice it is to ride on powdery snow.  So soft.

• 2 years later...

2023 season bump.

Working on a Cheetah 399 in addition to the MF'ing Enticer 250 race sled.

Cheetah: Pulled the tank and carb, cleaned it out, cleaned carb (but didn't rebuild), brand used fuel lines, new filter, new fuel line clamps, greased it up.  Will need drivers for sure.  Has the white sprockets of deth that'll shatter to 100,000,000 pieces 20 feet into the snow.

Enticer:  Looking at it and 3d printing parts for it.  I guess I'll take the electrical stuff next.  Need to pick up a Tiny Tach or 2 wire tack for it at a swap meet or something.  Graphics and numbers too.  At least it has great compression.

Swap meets:  Made it to Princeton.  Will try to make it to Kasson, Elk River, and Gilman.

Drinks: Hamm's

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

2023 season bump.

Cheetah: Pulled the tank and carb, cleaned it out, cleaned carb (but didn't rebuild), brand used fuel lines, new filter, new fuel line clamps, greased it up.  Will need drivers for sure.  Has the white sprockets of deth that'll shatter to 100,000,000 pieces 20 feet into the snow.

Enticer:  Looking at it and 3d printing parts for it.  I guess I'll take the electrical stuff next.  Need to pick up a Tiny Tach or 2 wire tack for it at a swap meet or something.  Graphics and numbers too.  At least it has great compression.

Swap meets:  Made it to Princeton.  Will try to make it to Kasson, Elk River, and Gilman.

What year cheeetah?

16 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Nicest looking cheetah in my opinion. I sometimes miss the vintage sleds. My dad still has a bunch but since the kids are riding some my focus changed.

It is a nice looking machine.  I thought it was all original at first, but I'm fairly certain it has been semi-restored at some point.

I sold all my vintage stuff except the Enticer and a Lynx last year.  Now I'm thinking I'd like to have a couple again, so here we go.  Going to start with nicer sleds to begin with though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

It is a nice looking machine.  I thought it was all original at first, but I'm fairly certain it has been semi-restored at some point.

I sold all my vintage stuff except the Enticer and a Lynx last year.  Now I'm thinking I'd like to have a couple again, so here we go.  Going to start with nicer sleds to begin with though.

A guy I know sold this one to this guy last winter. It's one of the nicer original 72's you'd find.

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

2023 season bump.

When is elk River?

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone go to Elk River this weekend?  

It was too nice to not be in the field.

Friend said it was a lot smaller then the last few years.

Saw a couple posts about it on Facebook but not much . I'm trying to decide if I go to Gilman on Saturday or not.